GUILTY CO - Shanann Watts (34), Celeste"Cece" (3) and Bella (4), Frederick, 13 Aug 2018 *CW LWOP* #72

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gardenista, I can't open this, what are they saying is the "ID murder mystery"? It drives me crazy that I keep seeing in youtube shows that this is an "unsolved murder", even to this date.

Here is a clip from the article

You may have heard about the horrifying story of a father named Chris Watts murdering his beautiful pregnant wife Shannan and their two adorable children, but on Investigation Discovery’s upcoming documentary special Family Man, Family Murderer: An ID Murder Mystery, you’ll get a closer look at the horrific crime than ever before.

The special will show body camera footage from the Frederick Police Department, which handled the appalling crime. It will also include new details of the murder, following Chris’ unbelievable prison confession. In the first TV documentary special looking at the events, experts and those familiar with the case will open up about what happened in exclusive interviews, giving viewers a deeper look than ever before at the heinous attack.

Tune in to Family Man, Family Murderer: An ID Murder Mystery on Sunday, June 2 at 10/9c, and get an exclusive first look at the trailer for the special in the video above.

The special, premiering on Sunday, June 2 at 10/9c, will “delve into the psyche of a man who became a family annihilator,” according to ID. “What would drive him to do the unthinkable? The one-hour special takes viewers through the initial missing persons case of Shannan, Bella and Celeste all the way to the eventual murder investigation, arrest and shocking confession of Chris Watts.”

Here is a clip from the article

You may have heard about the horrifying story of a father named Chris Watts murdering his beautiful pregnant wife Shannan and their two adorable children, but on Investigation Discovery’s upcoming documentary special Family Man, Family Murderer: An ID Murder Mystery, you’ll get a closer look at the horrific crime than ever before.

The special will show body camera footage from the Frederick Police Department, which handled the appalling crime. It will also include new details of the murder, following Chris’ unbelievable prison confession. In the first TV documentary special looking at the events, experts and those familiar with the case will open up about what happened in exclusive interviews, giving viewers a deeper look than ever before at the heinous attack.

Tune in to Family Man, Family Murderer: An ID Murder Mystery on Sunday, June 2 at 10/9c, and get an exclusive first look at the trailer for the special in the video above.

The special, premiering on Sunday, June 2 at 10/9c, will “delve into the psyche of a man who became a family annihilator,” according to ID. “What would drive him to do the unthinkable? The one-hour special takes viewers through the initial missing persons case of Shannan, Bella and Celeste all the way to the eventual murder investigation, arrest and shocking confession of Chris Watts.”
Thanks Siri3!! So maybe the mystery is how he could have done it, not that the perpetrator is unknown.

I wonder about this part "experts and those familiar with the case" will weigh in.
Thanks again.

ETA I see that David Pecker is one of the "Executive Producers". Looks like that is David Pecker, publisher of the National Enquirer.

Another article about the show

"This case, so senseless and so tragic in its brutality, is a jarring example of how an idyllic family image can be shattered in an instant," said Henry Schleiff, Group President of Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, AMERICAN HEROES CHANNEL and Destination America. "As the first and only network to produce a deep dive into this tragedy, we understand the responsibility we have to show the truth behind a story that follows the actions of a man unhinged."

The latest installment from ID's breakout MURDER MYSTERY franchise, the show delves into the psyche of a man who became a family annihilator. What would drive him to do the unthinkable?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv...FAMILY-MURDERER-AN-ID-MURDER-MYSTERY-20190513

I finally listened to some of the follow-up interview of CW in prison instead of just reading about it. His nonchalant vocal quality and even cheery affable tone is so bizarre to me. He seems to have no deep understanding of the horror, no real feeling for his children - it's just the strangest thing. Just a gosh shucks good ol' boy who, like, just, like, didn't handle things so great but, like, prison's just fine, everyone's, like, pretty nice. If I didn't know otherwise, I would think he was super low IQ, child-like, lacking emotion even, lacking understanding of actions - but he is not low IQ. What is wrong with him?

Pregnant women to be protected: see article below.

'Laura and Reid's' law signed by Maryland governor (with clip)

May 13, 2019

"ANNAPOLIS, Md. —
Maryland Gov. Larry Hogan signed "Laura and Reid's" law Monday.

Howard County teacher Laura Wallen was pregnant with a baby boy that she planned to name Reid when investigators said her boyfriend, Tyler Tessier, killed her in 2017. Tessier killed himself while awaiting trial.

The new law toughens sentences for violent crimes against pregnant women. Wallen's parents were at the bill signing Monday.

"If this helps another woman in the state of Maryland, then we will have honored Laura, and so it's not as much about healing as it is about honoring Laura and honoring Reid," said Wallen's mother, Gwen Wallen...."

Maryland governor signs 'Laura and Reid's' bill into law

I finally listened to some of the follow-up interview of CW in prison instead of just reading about it. His nonchalant vocal quality and even cheery affable tone is so bizarre to me. He seems to have no deep understanding of the horror, no real feeling for his children - it's just the strangest thing. Just a gosh shucks good ol' boy who, like, just, like, didn't handle things so great but, like, prison's just fine, everyone's, like, pretty nice. If I didn't know otherwise, I would think he was super low IQ, child-like, lacking emotion even, lacking understanding of actions - but he is not low IQ. What is wrong with him?
When asked if Bella made any noise while she was twisting her head back and forth while he smothered her he says "just a grunt here and there". He doesn't even have that same angst in his voice, as when he said he didn't know if he had been mean and just said "yes" when she asked if he was going to do the same to her.
That just floors me, I missed it when I heard the interview before.
The detectives don't even pause after he says that.

It was really chilling, wasn’t it? IMO, his family have blood on their hands. He was born into a nest of vipers and became one himself...hiding his true nature all those years. I hate him.

Something I watched the other evening made me realise CW has only (IMO) shown genuine emotion once. Towards the end of the polygraph/confession interview it was suggested by LE that his co-workers attend Cervi 319 to find Bella and Celeste. I was shocked at his reaction. His hands flew up, he squawked in panic, “No, God no! They think I’m a good guy” and the tears (for himself, of course) started immediately. Even when Agent Lee spoke really soothingly and told him, “they won’t know it’s you” (paraphrased), CW was crying so hard he could barely speak, something along the lines of, “that’s not the point” I couldn’t make out the rest but AFAIK it’s the one and only time the tears were real and unforced.

I think of Shannan and her children every day. She was a bright, shining light. Warm, compassionate, driven and full of love, she deserved so much more.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been so MIA for the last few months...work is kicking my butt.

Let me say this once and for all: Chris Watts is NOT going to be successful at an appeal. NOT NOT NOT. There is NO basis for an appeal or a 35c. Period. End of story. Will die in prison. I'm saying this from a prosecutor's point of view. His counsel was NOT ineffective, and I cannot fathom what type of evidence might pop up that could not have been reasonably discovered prior to his plea. Rest assured. Don't lose sleep over this. Chris Watts will die in prison.

And Mama Watts, if you're reading: give it up. Your son is a murderer and a family annihilator. Pick up a hobby or two. Your efforts here are futile.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I've been so MIA for the last few months...work is kicking my butt.

Let me say this once and for all: Chris Watts is NOT going to be successful at an appeal. NOT NOT NOT. There is NO basis for an appeal or a 35c. Period. End of story. Will die in prison. I'm saying this from a prosecutor's point of view. His counsel was NOT ineffective, and I cannot fathom what type of evidence might pop up that could not have been reasonably discovered prior to his plea. Rest assured. Don't lose sleep over this. Chris Watts will die in prison.

And Mama Watts, if you're reading: give it up. Your son is a murderer and a family annihilator. Pick up a hobby or two. Your efforts here are futile.

❤️❤️❤️

This post made my day. We should see about getting this stickied to the top of every new CW thread...a little reassurance for those of us who need it every now and then. Thank you, @riolove77

Thanks @riolove77 for weighing in. I thought this also but it’s good to get an attorney’s POV.

❤️
And that last line :D

It would be helpful if this case addressed the facts. Won't happen.

JMO

Not real sure what Katy said in her post that wasn't "factual." CW did indeed go to work and act as though nothing happened after he killed his wife and children. They're not nice facts, but they are facts.

Not real sure what Katy said in her post that wasn't "factual." CW did indeed go to work and act as though nothing happened after he killed his wife and children. They're not nice facts, but they are facts.

ITA. Everything Katydid said in her post addressed the facts.

I'm surprised there is *any* dispute for such a vile massacre.

Sadly, some *STILL* seem to be in denial and think that CW was some poor *crazy* dude or "nitpicked" hubby who snapped.

Nope. He's a plain old brute who annihilated his family.

He's just another disgusting cold-blooded killer like those before him who fell for a hot babe and material benefit.

There is no excuse for what he did. He murdered his wife. unborn son and two precious girls who loved their "daddy".

It makes me sick.

MOO

Last edited:

Exactly. I responded to a post where someone said he could have pled NG by Reason of Insanity.

and I posted:

"That would have been impossible because he went to work and acted like nothing was wrong. He was able to do his job, competently, and was not 'out of his mind' in a way that could be a mental health defense."

How is that not factual?

Exactly. I responded to a post where someone said he could have pled NG by Reason of Insanity.

and I posted:

"That would have been impossible because he went to work and acted like nothing was wrong. He was able to do his job, competently, and was not 'out of his mind' in a way that could be a mental health defense."

How is that not factual?

That is factual, there is no dispute! I'm not sure what sane argument can be made against it

Not matter how hard people on SM try, they can't change the facts of what CW did and what he is guilty of facts can not be disputed!

JMO

Last edited:
I was referring to the attorney you tube video posted up thread. He thinks CW still hasn't told the entire truth about the facts. He implied CW may have had help and if he did, he needs to come clean about it.

JMO

I was referring to the attorney you tube video posted up thread. He thinks CW still hasn't told the entire truth about the facts. He implied CW may have had help and if he did, he needs to come clean about it.

JMO

Sorry I misunderstood. I didn't watch the video. I was only responding to what was referenced in @katydid23 's quote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth