Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Officials say the child's parents are allowing other volunteers to search the area while the official search is suspended.

"He just wants his son home alive, you know, like we all do", said Montgomery.

Search crews say they will not be back out to the property again until they have new information from investigators.

Yup, kind of misleading the way they have it bolded in blue and its not really accurate. JMO

I'm afraid due to the number of searchers and dogs there previously that it would be close to impossible to pick up the scent now. Each searcher's and dog's scents would mask Kenneth's and only confuse the bloodhound. I hope I'm wrong though.
Googled to see and this gives hope. The breed has some serious abilities.

"Bloodhounds have been known to follow a scent trail for more than 130 miles! If someone has ever walked past you wearing perfume, you've probably noticed that, within a few minutes, the smell disappears. A bloodhound's sense of smell is so strong that it can still smell a trail up to 300 hours old!"

Underdogs | The Bloodhound's Amazing Sense of Smell | Nature | PBS

Attachments

• 31939838_2173311456107109_4274374564198219776_n.jpg
    31939838_2173311456107109_4274374564198219776_n.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 31
I personally don’t believe anyone, including the family ever believed he wandered off. The hour or so before they reported him missing, they hoped they would find him around their property, is what I think. When that did not happen, they made their report, a search was launched but also an investigation by LE beginning with in depth interviews took place. Moo. At some point the sheriff realized he needed KSP & imo because this is not confined to one county/jurisdiction.
Again, moo

I'm afraid due to the number of searchers and dogs there previously that it would be close to impossible to pick up the scent now. Each searcher's and dog's scents would mask Kenneth's and only confuse the bloodhound. I hope I'm wrong though.

True. And that reminds me that LE hasn't asked volunteers to stand down, as they usually do. Or maybe LE is still conducting two investigations. A walk away and suspicious. Moo.

No sign of 22-month-old Eastern Kentucky boy who went missing Sunday night, search crew says
UPDATED 12 MINUTES AGO

(Video at link)

Ritt Mortimer, acting Magoffin Rescue Squad public information officer, says so far search crews have found no sign of the missing 22-month-old toddler.

Crews in Magoffin County have found no sign of the 22-month-old boy who went missing Sunday night, according to the rescue squad leading the search.

Kenneth Howard was last seen by his father around 7:30 p.m., Carter Conley, chief of the Magoffin County Rescue Squad, said early Monday.

The boy’s dad was sitting on the front porch of the home and Kenneth got out through the back door, said Robert Prater, director of Magoffin County Emergency Management and a friend of the family.

As of 1:30 p.m., around 18 hours after Kenneth went missing, crews had found no sign of the boy, said Ritt Mortimer, public information officer for the rescue squad.

“It’s a bad situation. It really is,” Prater said. “For a child that size to be gone this long, it’s rough.”

The South Magoffin Fire Department was called directly by Kenneth’s family after he went missing, Mortimer said. The fire department searched for about 30 minutes without finding the boy. A call was then made to emergency dispatch and that alerted the rescue squad, Magoffin County Sheriff’s Department and Kentucky State Police, Mortimer said.

The search has been concentrated in the southern end of Magoffin County about one mile from the Floyd County border, Conley said.

The rescue squad used a drone with thermal imaging from Pike County Emergency Management Sunday night, according to Conley. Search dogs arrived Monday morning, he said.

Two helicopters have also been used in the search, said Mortimer.

The search from the rescue squad was called off around 7 a.m. so crews could regroup and get more help. Their search resumed around 11 a.m. Monday, Conley said. He is not asking the public’s help searching for Kenneth.

“We have experienced people right now and that’s what we are relying on. We are using our trained resources,” Conley said.

Vicky Wireman Howard, Kenneth’s aunt, said hundreds of volunteers were doing ground searches.

Prater said there has been an outpouring of friends and family trying to help. Kenneth’s family is tore up, he said.

“Not knowing where he’s at, not knowing what happened ... everyone is trying to be optimistic,”

No sign of 22-month-old Eastern Kentucky boy who went missing Sunday night, search crew says
That's an entirely different story of how he disappeared. First, Dad went inside of the home for a moment and left the toddler outside, now Dad was sitting on the front porch and toddler left out of the back door. Which is it?

Really bad reporting.

From link:
It's unclear when the official search could resume. Leaders say it depends on when more information is released.
The official search for a missing toddler in Eastern Kentucky is back underway Tuesday after it was suspended Monday night.

Updated: Tue 2:31 PM, May 14, 2019

Googled to see and this gives hope. The breed has some serious abilities.

"Bloodhounds have been known to follow a scent trail for more than 130 miles! If someone has ever walked past you wearing perfume, you've probably noticed that, within a few minutes, the smell disappears. A bloodhound's sense of smell is so strong that it can still smell a trail up to 300 hours old!"

Underdogs | The Bloodhound's Amazing Sense of Smell | Nature | PBS

Amazing dogs, but not such a good pet, lol. (Moo, from experience) They never seem to quit “working”.
Hopefully he will confirm something.

They updated an older story at the top of the page. Official search has resumed

It’s also being reported on msm media members twitter accounts

Idk if this is good or bad news.
The official search for a missing toddler in Eastern Kentucky is back underway Tuesday after it was suspended Monday nigh

Updated: Tue 2:31 PM, May 14, 2019
And it’s 3pm, why did they wait?

True. And that reminds me that LE hasn't asked volunteers to stand down, as they usually do. Or maybe LE is still conducting two investigations. A walk away and suspicious. Moo.

It did say family allowed volunteers to continue.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gooniesforever
Back