OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.

Today....Audio is all here
I just don't get his happy smile. I've tried to put myself in his place thinking if I were innocent what my demeanor would be, and I can't see myself smiling like that. Then I've tried to think if I were guilty, would I smile like that. It is such a strange thing to me.

I know I don't say much here, don't have much to add. Very interested in this from the beginning though. Laid awake many nights thinking of the Rhodens and HG. May they have justice and their families begin to know peace. Soon.

I just don't get his happy smile. I've tried to put myself in his place thinking if I were innocent what my demeanor would be, and I can't see myself smiling like that. Then I've tried to think if I were guilty, would I smile like that. It is such a strange thing to me.

I know I don't say much here, don't have much to add. Very interested in this from the beginning though. Laid awake many nights thinking of the Rhodens and HG. May they have justice and their families begin to know peace. Soon.

IMO, the Ws have been "conditioned" their whole lives, and not in a good way. To be able to sit through their arraignments and never show any remorse for even HR...is just not normal behavior. Nothing is normal here. I just get nauseous at times. IMO

Yes to justice and peace. So much is at stake that's why it matters so much. You see the family in the court gallery and you know what they need to hear, what they wait and wait to hear.

I'm beginning to think Jake's smile is a nervous habit or tic. He does it when he talks. He sometimes clenches his jaw when he's just sitting there.

Unless his attorneys put him on the stand he won't talk at his trial, so maybe he can refrain from smiling in front of the jury. I wonder if his lawyers will watch his demeanor on video and see how he comes across?

I don't know, just my own speculations.

I saw where Court TV is back up and running now. Right now everything is streaming but there is a suggestion to contact your cable carrier to request they carry Court TV. They have sample letters available and an 800# to call to request it. I think we all need to bombard our cable carriers now and hopefully it will be on tv in time for the July trials.

Yes to justice and peace. So much is at stake that's why it matters so much. You see the family in the court gallery and you know what they need to hear, what they wait and wait to hear.

I'm beginning to think Jake's smile is a nervous habit or tic. He does it when he talks. He sometimes clenches his jaw when he's just sitting there.

Unless his attorneys put him on the stand he won't talk at his trial, so maybe he can refrain from smiling in front of the jury. I wonder if his lawyers will watch his demeanor on video and see how he comes across?

I don't know, just my own speculations.

He only seems to smile when Judge D is talking to him...JMO

Wednesday, May 15th:
*Pretrial Hearing (@ 1:30pm ET) - OH - Pike County 8 people dead: Christopher Rhoden, Sr. (40), his ex-wife, Dana Manley Rhoden (37), their three children, Clarence "Frankie" Rhoden (20), Christopher Jr. (16), Hanna Mae (19); Frankie's fiancée, Hannah Hazel Gilley (20), Christopher Rhoden Sr.'s brother, Kenneth Rhoden (44), & a cousin, Gary Rhoden (38). Hanna Rhoden's baby girl (5 days old), another baby (6 mos) and a young child (3) were unharmed. (April 21-22, 2016, Pebbles) – Only for *George Washington "Billy" Wagner III (47), (Jakes’ father) indicted (11/12/18), arrested (11/13/18), charged (11/15/18) & arraigned (12/4/18) with 8 counts aggravated murder, (plus gun specifications on each), 1 count conspiracy, 4 counts aggravated burglary, 1 count unlawful possession of dangerous ordnance, 3 counts evidence tampering, 1 count forgery, 1 count unauthorized use of property, 1 count interception of wire, oral or electronic communication, 1 count obstructing justice, 1 count engaging in a pattern of corrupt activity. Plead not guilty. Held without bond.
Was arrested in Lexington, Ky., remains in the Lexington Fayette County Jail as a “fugitive from another state” according to jail records. An extradition hearing will be scheduled for him.
12/4/18: Arraignment hearing: Plead not guilty to all 22 charges. No bond per Judge. Waives speedy trial. Next pretrial hearing on 1/17/19.
1/17/19 Update: Defense files 41 motions; Judge grants indefinitely the amount of time for pre-trial motions. Next pretrial hearing on 3/29.
3/27/19 Update: Pretrial motion deadline is extended indefinitely; court will set a deadline at a later time. No contact with other defendants, or his sister, Robin Wagner. Motions granted for: Appropriating funds not to exceed $3K for defense mitigation expert, funds not to exceed $3K for psychologist for mitigation prep & funds not to exceed $3K for criminal investigator for trial prep.

3/29/19 Update: Discussed: Discovery. Judge Deering said defense had asked for information from the state & was asking where the progress was on discovery. Defense attorney Mark Collins informed the court he was promised to have 50% of the information turned over to him by the end of next week, with the remainder being completed by June 1. Collins seemed to be fine with the arrangement. Special Prosecutor Angela Canepa said it takes some time to get all the copies transferred over for the defense, but said she should have some ready as early as tomorrow (3/30/19). Collins also informed the court the defense has hired a private investigator as well as a psychologist. Deering set the next pretrial for Wagner for May 15, at 1:30 p.m. Another pretrial was scheduled for Sept. 17 where the 41 motions filed by defense would be argued at that time. He set a May 31 deadline for prosecution to file a response to these motions. June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Wagner III. Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys to file substantive motions. Sept. 17: hearing on non-substantive motions & deadline for pros to file written responses to substantive motions in his case.
*Edward Jacob "Jake" Wagner - Next pretrial hearing on 6/10.
*Angela Jo Wagner - Next pretrial for 1:30 pm on 5/16. 5/16 hearing rescheduled to 7/3. Discovery hearing on 9/16.
*George Washington Wagner IV - Next pretrial hearing on 5/23.
*Fredericka Carol Wagner -Final pretrial hearing on 6/26 @ 1:30pm. Trial scheduled for 7/29 thru 8/2.
*Rita Jo Newcomb - Final pretrial on June 14. Her trial is scheduled for July 8–11.

I just read somewhere that said her church is actually a converted barn. Surly those 2 people don't live in her church! Same piece of property? Like KR, his camper used BR's address next door.
The church is a converted barn. The group home is located on the same road as the church, kind of kitty corner down the street a bit. A person can see the church from the group home and vice versa. The group home is a house, looks to be more of a modular. FW’s group home residents are not living in a converted barn. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member