Found Deceased Australia - Cecilia Devine, 41. Probable Homicide. Found after 6 Months. September 2018

PastTense

Reaction score
Human remains found in a Blue Mountains dam in March have been confirmed as those of a Newcastle musician who had been missing for almost eight months. Police are now treating the discovery of Cecilia Devine's remains as a homicide and have launched Strike Force Eking, comprising local police and homicide squad detectives. Staff at a water treatment facility in Katoomba found the remains in the Upper Cascade Creek dam at noon on March 18, police said in a statement on Wednesday. Ms Devine, 41, had been reported missing from Waratah, near Newcastle, on September 5, 2018, and police said at the time they had grave concerns for her welfare.
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...am-in-suspected-homicide-20190515-p51ne9.html
6aecfa5177bfa6c7487c793a0053a0420776d47a-4x3-x0y179w720h540.jpg

I live in the Blue Mountains and can understand why someone would hide a body in the dense bushland. While there are walking trails that tourists in particular would use, once you get off those as the locals do, you can get lost very, very easily even if you know the general area. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that a local person has murdered her.

I live in the Blue Mountains and can understand why someone would hide a body in the dense bushland. While there are walking trails that tourists in particular would use, once you get off those as the locals do, you can get lost very, very easily even if you know the general area. I wouldn’t be at all surprised to learn that a local person has murdered her.

I agree! definitely someone familiar with the area. So many questions!..what was she doing in katoomba? Was there a music festival of sorts on the tourist calendar? Reports suggested, family were wondering why Katoomba?, as they were not aware of any ties/friends, to the area? Was she meeting someone she'd met online/dating? Cecelia did not appear to be dressed for the "fresh" weather. (It was 6-14degrees on the 6th september 2018). Do they live local? Or travel to work there? Does their work involve the area in which she was found? Where are Cecelia's clothes? A sighting on CCTV had her dressed in what looked like a light coloured top/t-shirt, black trousers, carrying an orange handbag and no shoes on her feet. Has anyone received an orange handbag from a loved one perhaps?, out of the blue? Was she carrying a designer handbag?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304
Back