Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems to me LE is going to have to be more specific and describe
typical actions perp may have taken since the crime.
Most ordinary people can not imagine what they're talking about.
Come out and say "More alcohol abuse or drug abuse, or violent
temper, or kicking the cat or sleeping all day, etc.
Maybe they have said this and I missed it. And we don't even know if this was a violent , bloody act. So are we looking for a violent offender? I know they have to limit what they release but they're
begging for help from the public and the public needs more help, imo.

BBM

IMO, we've heard enough to think it was violent. Comments such as "last thing they'll see" and "stuff of nightmares" make that clear, at least to me.

Starting now.

ETA: Over 3000 tips since PC.

Believes someone knows, but is afraid. "One tip away."

How many times have we heard about the “one tip away” it is so frustrating. At least some people may have watched who didn’t know about the case already. I am grateful GMA dedicated time to the case this morning.

Thank you for the updates they are much appreciated especially by people like me who live in Scotland.

Seems to me LE is going to have to be more specific and describe
typical actions perp may have taken since the crime.
Most ordinary people can not imagine what they're talking about.
Come out and say "More alcohol abuse or drug abuse, or violent
temper, or kicking the cat or sleeping all day, etc.
Maybe they have said this and I missed it. And we don't even know if this was a violent , bloody act. So are we looking for a violent offender? I know they have to limit what they release but they're
begging for help from the public and the public needs more help, imo.

It’s been awhile but the generic “what to look for” was initially released by the FBI -

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
“...The FBI has since released a list of behavioral clues that could help lead investigators to the killer or killers. The agency is asking the public to be on the lookout for anyone who has exhibited the following signs:
  • Changes in their daily routines, including modified sleep patterns
  • Increased use of alcohol or drugs
  • Cleaned or disposed of clothing and / or shoes that might have been worn on Feb. 13
  • Missed work or other engagements
  • Anxiety, nervousness or irritability
  • Excessive attention to the investigation, media coverage or lengthy discussions related to the murders
"On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointment or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period," the FBI explained in a news release. "They may have been a 'no-show' or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness, such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc."...”

FBI EX-Profiler Douglas mentioned that this was a "high risk
crime ", being carried out during daylight hours in an area where
others were nearby, and this is why they believe Delphi, in general,
is in the killer's comfort zone.
OK let's work backwards....
We know often times these murderers showed a pattern of
misbehaviors and possibly violent maladaptive behaviors earlier
in childhood.
Maybe there were no arrests, or maybe they were caught but a judge ex-punged their record due to age.
So let's go back to their school records. Young boys who were
constantly fighting and unable to 'get along' in school would be on my list of people to check out.
Was perp expelled from school and maybe home-schooled or
just dropped out? Or sent to alternative school or religious school?
School records for age appropriate students should be examined
imo.
Also were any young male students advised to get mental health/
psychiatric evaluations by school counselors?
We know that most perps do have a pattern of bad behavior long
before they act out by killing. Maybe LE has to start doing a
little more digging instead of waiting for the public to hand them the perp.

FBI EX-Profiler Douglas mentioned that this was a "high risk
crime ", being carried out during daylight hours in an area where
others were nearby, and this is why they believe Delphi, in general,
is in the killer's comfort zone.
OK let's work backwards....
We know often times these murderers showed a pattern of
misbehaviors and possibly violent maladaptive behaviors earlier
in childhood.
Maybe there were no arrests, or maybe they were caught but a judge ex-punged their record due to age.
So let's go back to their school records. Young boys who were
constantly fighting and unable to 'get along' in school would be on my list of people to check out.
Was perp expelled from school and maybe home-schooled or
just dropped out? Or sent to alternative school or religious school?
School records for age appropriate students should be examined
imo.
Also were any young male students advised to get mental health/
psychiatric evaluations by school counselors?
We know that most perps do have a pattern of bad behavior long
before they act out by killing. Maybe LE has to start doing a
little more digging instead of waiting for the public to hand them the perp.

I'm pretty sure they're digging very deeply into any likely local. They may even have a shortlist. But unless someone comes forward and breaks an alibi they're stuck if the DNA is partial or degraded.

On the other hand if it's a murderer who passed by for a while and is now way out of area, it would be very difficult to build up that kind of history.

Witness in Delphi double murder likely afraid to come forward

Link above

I can fully understand why they would be afraid to come forward. If the witness is a relative, I cannot see them giving him up. If it is a friend, they will be in fear of their life.

MOO

It really does seem they’re back to square one. Most of what was said in that link is a repeat of what has already been expressed in regard to identification of the man in the first sketch. :(

It’s been awhile but the generic “what to look for” was initially released by the FBI -

FBI releases list of behavioral clues to help track down suspect in murders of teens near Indiana trail
“...The FBI has since released a list of behavioral clues that could help lead investigators to the killer or killers. The agency is asking the public to be on the lookout for anyone who has exhibited the following signs:
  • Changes in their daily routines, including modified sleep patterns
  • Increased use of alcohol or drugs
  • Cleaned or disposed of clothing and / or shoes that might have been worn on Feb. 13
  • Missed work or other engagements
  • Anxiety, nervousness or irritability
  • Excessive attention to the investigation, media coverage or lengthy discussions related to the murders
"On Monday, February 13, the individual or individuals responsible for these crimes may have been absent from work, missed or cancelled appointment or social engagements, or been unavailable or unresponsive during the afternoon period," the FBI explained in a news release. "They may have been a 'no-show' or offered a plausible excuse for their absence or tardiness, such as illness, death in the family, car trouble, etc."...”
Thanks for this reminder. I know there's nothing humorous in all of this, but when I read the last bullet,
I thought of all of us :)

I'm thinking out loud.
I still cant get over "the killer may be in this room". If Carter is still saying this, what does it mean?
He knows who it is and knows he is there
He thinks he knows who it is and they are there
A piece of evidence suggests that the unknown killer may have attended a previous press conference and the believe he could be there this time
A profile they may have obtained suggests that a killer like this might be likely to involve themselves in a case and they hope they may have lured him out
He has no idea. He saw a dramatic movie and decided to ramp up his own dramatics to bring new interest in a stale case

The statement seems like something out of TV shows to me. I have seen a number of pressers and I do not recall ever hearing this type of bold statement.
I hope that it means they know exactly who it is, and the mention of needing "one tip" seems to suggest that. But as the time passes, I start to think it might be a ways down the road until we see someone come forward with that one tip.

Thanks for this reminder. I know there's nothing humorous in all of this, but when I read the last bullet,
I thought of all of us :)

Yeah no kidding, that could make any of us potential suspects. Yikes! :)

Presidents Day was the 20th in 2017.

I mistakenly said Presidents day but it was Lincolns birthday (12th) that some states celebrated on 13th Feb that year. Illinois is one state that celebrates, so anyone working for a company based in Illinois may have had that day off. Some Indy companies may have celebrated it too I guess.

MOO afraid with good reason. Maybe police should be adding that they will provide protection to a witness that solves this.
That's what I think too - that and the reward might do it. Would any of us come forward if we knew something? It is not just yourself you have to think about but your friends and family too in this situation. If someone is part of a big family and snitches then it could escalate.
I just wish he'd give himself up. That's the best outcome.

MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member