Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its fascinating to me that there seems to be no worry whatsoever that BG will kill again. Seems to be no urgency that there is a killer on the loose.

The focus appears to be finding who killed Abby and Libby (which it should) but it just appears to be no concern that other kids in the area could be next.
It is because they highly suspect someone and this person or persons is being watched? Just my thoughts.

Is anyone in that area that could get on Tinder or Plenty of Fish and see the men in the area? Would be an easy way to see what faces match the sketch.
I think the sketch has been a hindrance.

Too many people saying, "Oh, I saw a facebook page for this 80 year old lady in Italy and my hinker went through the roof. Her right eye was lazy and her chin was long! With a haircut and botox, she matches the sketch perfectly!"

It's scary, really. We don't even know how accurate the sketch is.

Its fascinating to me that there seems to be no worry whatsoever that BG will kill again. Seems to be no urgency that there is a killer on the loose.

The focus appears to be finding who killed Abby and Libby (which it should) but it just appears to be no concern that other kids in the area could be next.
Yeah, that's been chewing away at me for some time.

I don't care what others on this thread think, they have absolutely no idea who the assailant is. They're going off a basic profile, and people are treating this information like it means something.

They are dead cold and they know it.

They're hoping for that one tip that opens the closed door.

Trouble is they've been waiting for this "one tip"for over two years and over 42k tips later they have even said they may have already had the tip and ruled him out. Didn't they say that or have I remembered wrong?

Too many people saying, "Oh, I saw a facebook page for this 80 year old lady in Italy and my hinker went through the roof. Her right eye was lazy and her chin was long! With a haircut and botox, she matches the sketch perfectly!"

IMO it's about someone coming forward saying this looks like a person in their social/family/work related field. It is not about taking the sketch and finding a stranger. That's what the 3999 tips are about..

All IMO

-Nin

I agree, I think too much emphasis is being put on the sketch considering LE never said it was an exact likeness, “ballpark” at best. They may have been better off to just provide a general description.

Maybe this morning news show was primarily for further pressure on that “one person” who is afraid to step forward? And the mini official notice update this week. I see this as a building of societal pressure on the friend or family member who in their heart knows. What that person should realize is that we don’t view him/her too many notches above BG — assuming they have long had this inkling, and sat on facts coming together.

I agree, I think too much emphasis is being put on the sketch considering LE never said it was an exact likeness, “ballpark” at best. They may have been better off to just provide a general description.
I think it's there for the right person, who knows him, and maybe never thought about him being the murderer until they saw the sketch and put the pieces together. But for LE, finding that needle in the haystack must be very, very difficult!

I know this is a long shot...but any consideration given to the possibility (although extremely unlikely I know, that BG could be dead? A suicide? Health condition? Car accident? Could that be why LE hasn't been able to catch him?

Hes not longer around, those around him wouldnt want to remember him as anything other than the good, and resist any possibility.

I know not all obits are published with a photo, but was just thinking of other possible scenarios or explanations.

Although a daunting task, I've considered going through local papers to see if any obit features an image resembling the sketch.

I know this is likely a dumb idea. But I so bad want this to be over. My heart breaks for their families.

That was one thing that Douglas said that stood out to me. I did not hear that in the released audio, BUT several on here did. Schools were out in Delphi due to a scheduled snow day that was not used. Obviously, if Douglas hears that then an agent or agents from the FBI assisting heard that same thing in the voice in the audio as well. So one would think LE looked at the schools in the area. But if this county had off for such a snow day, did other counties or cities in the region do the same? We've often wondered why this adult was off of work in the middle of the week. Truck driver, worked night shift, unemployed, etc., have been suggested. What if this IS a school teacher who was also off that day? Just not in this county.
Of course BG’s generic navy coat can have uses in so many professions, but it seems to have a button vs. zipper closure, which makes me think more of a coach’s attire.

Per interview with Mike Patty, Libby was finishing up swim season, and Libby and Abby were just about to start the softball season.

I’m sure LE has explored the teacher/coach angle, but that would certainly be an example of someone hiding in plain sight. MOO

ETA- though when I think of teacher/coach/school employee predators, I think sexual predator, not murderer. Does anyone know of a school employee turned child murderer case?

ETA - quick google search turned up this case:
https://www.theroot.com/teacher-charged-with-hiring-a-hitman-to-kill-a-child-he-1834230308

Last edited:
I know this is a long shot...but any consideration given to the possibility (although extremely unlikely I know, that BG could be dead? A suicide? Health condition? Car accident? Could that be why LE hasn't been able to catch him?

Hes not longer around, those around him wouldnt want to remember him as anything other than the good, and resist any possibility.

I know not all obits are published with a photo, but was just thinking of other possible scenarios or explanations.

Although a daunting task, I've considered going through local papers to see if any obit features an image resembling the sketch.

I know this is likely a dumb idea. But I so bad want this to be over. My heart breaks for their families.
Not such a dumb idea, IMO. At this point, anything's possible.

Trouble is they've been waiting for this "one tip"for over two years and over 42k tips later they have even said they may have already had the tip and ruled him out. Didn't they say that or have I remembered wrong?

Yes a couple times now including the PC and Carter’s curiously vague response:

ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Apr 22/19 transcript -
3 because they believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, news 18 also asked riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.he answered quote: "somebody may have already interviewed him. i'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened ... the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for ... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received. “again, here is that tip line information if you have anything police ought to know about.the preferred method, the email, is abby and libby tip at c- a- c- o- s- h- r- f- dot- com.you can also call investigators at 844-

I do like the idea of GMA hosting this segment. We here in WS are probably in a very small minority. Most do not follow crimes in detail. I know of one horrific unsolved crime that occurred in the last 10 years to the west of me and when those in that town are asked about it very few know of it, let alone details. There are many who don't follow crimes, but watch morning shows like GMA and this gets the case - AND the sketch - out to them. Maybe that one person who can call in that one tip will now have this crime brought to their consciousness.

I don't believe this is a long shot at all. It's good thinking and I would almost bet the investigators have considered this and even put hours into looking into deceased males in the area with a starting point of after the murders of the girls.

Or the possibility that his “alibi” or potential tipster is now dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288