Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s quite obvious they have no idea who did this hence the two sketches being so far apart in appearances.

If they had any idea they wouldn’t go on national tv and say “ we have zero idea” as they would say we have some idea but are waiting on some pieces to the puzzle to rattle the killer.

I have said from the get go the case was botched and it does seem that small towns in American are more prone to being out of their element when stuff like this happens and they don’t know what the hell to do (IMO).

The parents I think need to step up here if they want answers as sitting around and thinking the cops are going to solve this is naive. Their children did everything they could so the killer could be found so if the police are that useless than get private investigators in, go on national tv and get the public involved.

That was one thing that Douglas said that stood out to me. I did not hear that in the released audio, BUT several on here did. Schools were out in Delphi due to a scheduled snow day that was not used. Obviously, if Douglas hears that then an agent or agents from the FBI assisting heard that same thing in the voice in the audio as well. So one would think LE looked at the schools in the area. But if this county had off for such a snow day, did other counties or cities in the region do the same? We've often wondered why this adult was off of work in the middle of the week. Truck driver, worked night shift, unemployed, etc., have been suggested. What if this IS a school teacher who was also off that day? Just not in this county.
I was looking at some bill of ladings/shipping papers at a trucking company the other day and all of their drivers pick up at the Indiana Packers Plant in Delphi. They do these trips 2-3 times a month. These drivers can sit there for hours waiting to be loaded. Some of them take their 34 hour break there as well. It’s something to think about. Another thought I had was, these trucking companies have Electronic Logging Devices installed in the trucks, some with cameras. The cameras are recording the street view while driving. Hopefully this was looked into because they wouldn’t keep the videos for 2 years. MOO

Could be, but I would replace “slight doubt” with possibly complete DENIAL.
I'm agreeing with a couple of your excellent posts today, Allboys.

It could be that BG "borrowed" that gigantic blue jacket from a relative because he knew he would discarding it. That relative could be much larger than him.

I think it is also likely BG planned enough to NOT bring his cellphone with him that day. He knew where he was going to corner his victims. He planned on getting them to go down to the water's edge. He was banking on having to trudge through the creek at some point.

He didn't bring his mobile for that reason.

My Humble opinion only; based on a weird life so far. (ETA)

Last edited:
I felt like that too, until this morning. Feeling very sad and disheartened. I now feel that the April 22nd PC was meant to give this impression to somehow comfort the family. I can only imagine what it was like for them to learn that LE has been going down the wrong "trail" for over two years. It had to be a bit of a shock to say the least. The PC was meant to inform the public and soften the blow. Three weeks out, it appears reality is setting in :(
ed:to make more sense.

I agree. A real downer of an interview this morning, after all the excitement and energy from the PC. Whatever compelled LE to “change direction” seems to have still left them looking for that “that one tip” that they’ve been looking for for over two years.
There is not one new thing presented at that press conference that could not have been released two years ago.
....LE did not, in my opinion, just find out about the car at the CPS building. I do believe they got a tip about it recently but who is going to remember it now?
....The new sketch from four days after the murders may have been the first sketch that was made of a possible suspect or POI. Why do you not release it then? Two years later, this is the guy, without a doubt. Two years later.
....How many times were we told that grainy, blurry, pixelated mess of a picture of BG on the bridge was the best they had. But two years later they release a tiny video portion that for a brief moment clears just a tad and appears to show BG is actually much slimmer and younger than we thought. LE had that video for two years, but let us, encouraged us, to look for a dumpy old guy. Why would they do that? The old sketch even looked younger but LE still insisted he was old.
....LE released the “down the hill” audio which was virtually worthless in my opinion. Two years later they add ONE word that changes BG from an old guy to a much younger guy. They just now noticed this?
The sum of it all is for two years LE has allowed the public, even fed information to the public, that the suspect was older and out of shape, when they had information that BG was younger and fitter. Why would you do that? It’s hard not to feel a little deceived. Their previous strategy defies logic.
I don’t usually use bad language but I will now...cold case.

I was looking at some bill of ladings/shipping papers at a trucking company the other day and all of their drivers pick up at the Indiana Packers Plant in Delphi. They do these trips 2-3 times a month. These drivers can sit there for hours waiting to be loaded. Some of them take their 34 hour break there as well. It’s something to think about. Another thought I had was, these trucking companies have Electronic Logging Devices installed in the trucks, some with cameras. The cameras are recording the street view while driving. Hopefully this was looked into because they wouldn’t keep the videos for 2 years. MOO
Idle Musing - A Construction worker at that newer Indiana Packers site, could have become familiar with the Park/Bridge area, on their lunch hours, over a period of time ?..........moo

They wouldn't offer the witness protection program for a crime like this. Immunity is something they could offer.

I hope I understood you right.

But then, everything, especially the presser, was handled not the best way. I wonder if the witness was guided by consciousness. And LE relied on religion...speaking to people who undoubtedly read the Book many times, searching for the answer and moral strength. If we strip religion, all we are left with, with the witness, is quite possibly a kind of tragedy, and the LE should have emphasized the compassionate part.

They still have ways to negotiate with the witness, though.

I agree. A real downer of an interview this morning, after all the excitement and energy from the PC. Whatever compelled LE to “change direction” seems to have still left them looking for that “that one tip” that they’ve been looking for for over two years.
There is not one new thing presented at that press conference that could not have been released two years ago.
....LE did not, in my opinion, just find out about the car at the CPS building. I do believe they got a tip about it recently but who is going to remember it now?
....The new sketch from four days after the murders may have been the first sketch that was made of a possible suspect or POI. Why do you not release it then? Two years later, this is the guy, without a doubt. Two years later.
....How many times were we told that grainy, blurry, pixelated mess of a picture of BG on the bridge was the best they had. But two years later they release a tiny video portion that for a brief moment clears just a tad and appears to show BG is actually much slimmer and younger than we thought. LE had that video for two years, but let us, encouraged us, to look for a dumpy old guy. Why would they do that? The old sketch even looked younger but LE still insisted he was old.
....LE released the “down the hill” audio which was virtually worthless in my opinion. Two years later they add ONE word that changes BG from an old guy to a much younger guy. They just now noticed this?
The sum of it all is for two years LE has allowed the public, even fed information to the public, that the suspect was older and out of shape, when they had information that BG was younger and fitter. Why would you do that? It’s hard not to feel a little deceived. Their previous strategy defies logic.
I so much agree with you @StarryStarryNight! I'm a realist and just see it for what it is. Just as you have accurately stated.."Cold Case" Every single LE spokesperson for every single case I'm following here on WS says the same thing about being "one tip" away...

Idle Musing - A Construction worker at that newer Indiana Packers site, could have become familiar with the Park/Bridge area, on their lunch hours, over a period of time ?..........moo
Possibly, but I'm inclined to think this would have raised a "red flag" to his co-workers? I'm still stuck on this guy being local and VERY familiar with the terrain. JMO

IMO, LE didn't release enough new information to help the general public find this guy, nor was that their main concern. Instead, maybe they hoped to release enough for people within BG's inner circle to ID him.

They were, in a way, also warning the public (and BG's inner circle) to look closer to home. JMO

Oh, or that! Scary. He’s clearly capable of ALOT

True - however I think a person hanging out like that would be noticed by the regular walkers.

Last edited:
It is time for a new set of eyes/ private investigators different experts/ different angle of the case. Rei-nterview, Start at square 1, look into social media accounts, phone records, web history of girls, events in the weeks/days before murders stops before arriving at the trail, saved camera footage of area, ..... Justice can't wait for a tip.... Find the link.

It’s quite obvious they have no idea who did this hence the two sketches being so far apart in appearances.

If they had any idea they wouldn’t go on national tv and say “ we have zero idea” as they would say we have some idea but are waiting on some pieces to the puzzle to rattle the killer.

I have said from the get go the case was botched and it does seem that small towns in American are more prone to being out of their element when stuff like this happens and they don’t know what the hell to do (IMO).

The parents I think need to step up here if they want answers as sitting around and thinking the cops are going to solve this is naive. Their children did everything they could so the killer could be found so if the police are that useless than get private investigators in, go on national tv and get the public involved.

I totally agree with you.
I think LE thought with a video still and audio clip, the killer was just going to be handed to them. They dismissed and yawned about a lot of things early. They’re still waiting.
Only the families themselves know how they feel about all this, but I always go back to Holly Bobo’s case. If her parents had not publicly criticized the investigation, loud and often, that case would have never been solved.
I have told friends that if they would choose five websleuthers at random, show them all the evidence and leave them alone...this case would be solved in a week and a half.

IMO, LE didn't release enough new information to help the general public find this guy, nor was that their main concern. Instead, maybe they hoped to release enough for people within BG's inner circle to ID him.

They were, in a way, also warning the public (and BG's inner circle) to look closer to home. JMO
Yes, and BEWARE, there remains a killer in your midst, whether directly in Delphi or the immediate area! Don't let your guard down. Stay safe. Be aware of your surroundings. Don't give him another opportunity. JMT

I'm agreeing with a couple of your excellent posts today, Allboys.

It could be that BG "borrowed" that gigantic blue jacket from a relative because he knew he would discarding it. That relative could be much larger than him.

I think it is also likely BG planned enough to NOT bring his cellphone with him that day. He knew where he was going to corner his victims. He planned on getting them to go down to the water's edge. He was banking on having to trudge through the creek at some point.

He didn't bring his mobile for that reason.

My Humble opinion only; based on a weird life so far. (ETA)

BBM I tend to post more when there is something else that I'm supposed to be doing. lol

I agree that the coat very well might not have been his, or not something he was known to wear.

I do hope he had a cellphone, so that in the event he is arrested, it will aid in his conviction. But quite possibly, he did not.

Last edited:
Possibly but truck drivers with regular routes, become very familiar with their pickup/delivery areas. They become friends with locals, eat at the local restaurants, explore the area etc. One driver I came across years ago had 3 wives/families, spread out across the US. Crazy!

Of course BG’s generic navy coat can have uses in so many professions, but it seems to have a button vs. zipper closure, which makes me think more of a coach’s attire.

Per interview with Mike Patty, Libby was finishing up swim season, and Libby and Abby were just about to start the softball season.

I’m sure LE has explored the teacher/coach angle, but that would certainly be an example of someone hiding in plain sight. MOO

ETA- though when I think of teacher/coach/school employee predators, I think sexual predator, not murderer. Does anyone know of a school employee turned child murderer case?

ETA - quick google search turned up this case:
https://www.theroot.com/teacher-charged-with-hiring-a-hitman-to-kill-a-child-he-1834230308

Coach is one that comes to me often too for some valid reasons--the coat, like you say I see it as a coat a coach wears quite often, knowing of the day off of school and possible plans, the remark about someone in the community , that it is in plain sight, no one would suspect, etc. Yet I would imagine it has been looked into as have teachers and anyone they encountered or were known to, I would think. It still though could be that there just is not enough reason/evidence and/or someone has an alibi... The "guys" could even be a "friendly" remark from someone known like that. I can picture a few other types in that type of coat as well though or, I guess, it could mean nothing.

We know so little, like what was the rest of the girls day like or the weekend prior? Did they stop anywhere en route to the park? Maybe season had not started but had sign ups or practice for ball started? They were in jr. high right? So ball would not be HS ball or would it? Hadn't one girl been in ball and had just talked the other into joining her? I seem to recall that but cannot think of which one offhand...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken