Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
" More like it is close family member and they just have that slight doubt."

if you are not sure the cops have any evidence against your brother or your husband or your son, if you turn them in with your suspicion, and they are not held, then YOUR life is greatly endangered....

if the witness knew the case was a slam dunk, and the perp would be kept in jail, then no problems...
Who knows what kind of local grapevine is going on in Delphi. I would even think some of that scuttlebutt may be initiated to certain locals by local LE. Maybe to reach whomever in the community they feel needs to come forward?

LE also always says " We believe there is no danger to the community at this time."..... They really don't want jumpy scared armed people wrongly shooting their neighbors.
Which is another reason they have to be careful what exact evidence gets out. A lot of it has to be generalized. That why that PC was so shocking to me and I immediately felt they were close but need to build a good, solid case.

<modsnipped quoted post>

As the creek is named Deer Creek, it wouldn’t be unusual to see deer in the area. If this was the first sighting of deer in years then I’d have to wonder.

But it’s also a sort of double edged sword - we seek more information about this case but then we critique what is shared. So I take what Libby’s grandmother is recounting at face value because also in the video in the same link, it’s quite clear to me she’s not questioning the details, she’s relaying information about what occurred.

He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty...”

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens

Last edited by a moderator:
I was looking very carefully at both the video and still pictures of OBG in the blue jacket
It’s kind of blurry but it looks to me like this jacket is on inside out. Men’s jackets ( at least those I can find of DH all button from the left to right-buttons on right, button holes on left additionally the quilted pattern on the shoulders is often times on the inside
Women’s button the opposite
So if correct (????) maybe the perp did not want someone to see what was on his jacket- plus he could turn it back out if he had anything from the crime on his coat. Maybe the jacket had an emblem or company name easily identifiable in the Delphi area
Take a look again at jacket photo. This changes nothing but could be something ??
Moo

I hadn’t noticed anything about the searchers who discovered the bodies either using or moving their cellphone cameras. Any idea what’s the source for that?

I thought the searcher(s) followed footprints (from the cemetery?) to discover the bodies. The searchers had been held back for the duration of the dogs arriving to search, so then were released to search and the girls were found quite quickly IIRC .
MOO

Well, maybe they need to send it somewhere else, again :)

I agree. Plus
MOO they did send the case for review to the GBI in 2018.

I hope they take the new description divide the whole area into zones and identify anyone living in each zone that roughly matches the description and just go through them.

They should have sent it to somebody other than the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. I don't live in Georgia but the GBI doesn’t have the best reputation in the southeast. Just saying. My opinion.

As the creek is named Deer Creek, it wouldn’t be unusual to see deer in the area. If this was the first sighting of deer in years then I’d have to wonder.

But it’s also a sort of double edged sword - we seek more information about this case but then we critique what is shared. So I take what Libby’s grandmother is recounting at face value because also in the video in the same link, it’s quite clear to me she’s not questioning the details, she’s relaying information about what occurred.

He saw something. He could not figure out what it was. There were two deer standing up there. As he looked up to see what it was, that is when he saw them,” said Libby’s grandma, Becky Patty.

It was a volunteer searcher who discovered the bodies of the Delphi teens, lying in the grass between a group of trees deep in the woods.

“He called his wife who was with us and said we found them. My sister came up and she was crying and she said I’m so sorry,” said Patty...”

Families of Abby and Libby take FOX59 through final hours of the Delphi teens
I agree that she was not fabricating the story but just relaying it.

Re: the GBI

To be fair, the GBI is the only place they've publicly spoken about sending it to. It's possible the investigative information has been sent to other places around the country to have fresh eyes look, too.

I thought the searcher(s) followed footprints (from the cemetery?) to discover the bodies. The searchers had been held back for the duration of the dogs arriving to search, so then were released to search and the girls were found quite quickly IIRC .
MOO

I don’t think you’ll find any MSM source as yet connecting this crime to the cemetery, other than many, many theories.

I’d take Libby’s grandmother’s version over anonymous sources. JMO

“....Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.“
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

MOO
I don't think they ever said where the trail of the footprints originated but I thought the cemetery too so maybe that has been covered. There was also the statement of the photojournalist who was apparently on the bridge during some part of the search and saw girls clothes 75 yards away and thought they were close.
I never realized they were held back from searching to wait for the dogs. I always wondered why they didn't find them sooner. And it felt like they were just doing a recovery operation that morning and not with the intent to rescue 2 possibly injured girls. I think the waiting to begin is what made it feel that way. Maybe that is where speculation came that they had photo or video from the cloud. It seems like there is something on the scanner that reflects that.

When the searcher says "I saw the deer, and then looked down and saw the girls", does he mean he was up above the creek bank and saw the deer across the creek on the other side, or does he mean he was on the same side the girls were found, and saw the deer and then looked below onto the creek bank and saw the girls?

I don’t think you’ll find any MSM source as yet connecting this crime to the cemetery, other than many, many theories.

I’d take Libby’s grandmother’s version over anonymous sources. JMO

“....Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.“
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens

@tresir2012
ETA - what’s the source for searchers being held back waiting for the dogs arriving to search and that was connected to the girls being found? I don’t ever recall reading about that.

“Carter said he believes the killer lives in, works in or frequents the Delphi area, but he declined to elaborate on why he believes that.

"One day I'll be able to tell you. I can't wait for that day," Carter said. "We are doing everything within our power … and when we run out of tips, we're going to start over again."“

He actually said, "WHEN we run out of tips?" I'm not trying to nitpick but I might have phrased that differently...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88