GUILTY MN - Landen Hoffmann, 5, thrown from 3rd Floor at Mall of America by stranger, 12 Apr 2019 *Arrest*

Tillitt offered only one clarification — that Hammond's comments comparing the boy's injuries to "falling off a bike," referred only to his facial injuries, not his health overall. He repeatedly emphasized the family's wishes to be left alone.

"I know there are many people that are very interested in this," Tillitt said. "And the family is in the position where any comment to confirm or deny would be entering the realm of the privacy they want. To start going into details of any kind, to confirm or deny, it just means the privacy has been intruded upon."

Family updates condition of boy injured in Mall of America a...

Update #7

Here is the latest statement from landens family!

All praise, glory and honor to God! He saved our son’s life and is healing him in the most miraculous ways. We are so elated to let you know that our son is now alert and conscious and is no longer in critical condition! We are now turning our focus to additional surgeries, healing, rehabilitation and eventually a return home, which we hope will happen by June.

We want to personally thank each and every one of you for your love, prayers and support. We are astounded and so blessed by the over 28,000 individuals and families, from literally around the world, that have donated to our **** page. Your love and generosity overwhelms and means so much to us! We have no idea where we would be without you - God and your prayers have sustained us.

As we have done before, we want to continue our plea and gratitude for your continued respect of our family’s privacy. The road to recovery remains long, but with God and you, we are assured to make it through. Please keep praying for our son and may our loving God bless you and everyone you love.
Help spread the word!

$1,004,660 of $1.0M goal

“We are so elated to let you know that our son is now alert and conscious and is no longer in critical condition”. “The road to recovery remains long, but with God and you, we are assured to make it through,” the family’s statement said. “Please keep praying for our son and may our loving God bless you and everyone you love.”

Earlier this week, a family pastor shared a video on Facebook in which he claimed that Landen’s grandfather had told him there was “zero evidence” of a brain injury and not even any brain swelling or serious internal injuries.

The family attorney said, “I think you can judge from the tone of the comments that they are thrilled with what they are seeing in their son.”

Boy thrown from Mall of America balcony is now 'alert and conscious'

"As hearings begin this week, the family would like to inform media that they will not be providing commentary on any court proceedings. The child continues to heal and the family asks for continued prayers and privacy. In addition, the family has retained the communications firm Tunheim in order to help respond to media requests."

Attempted murderer who hurled Landen Hoffman, 5, off mall balcony gets just 12 years jail | Metro News

12 years? Is that because Landen didn't die? He certainly wanted to kill him! Intent should have been taken into account.

Do you think that this criminal will be rehabilitated in 12 years? Throwing a child off a balcony? No rehabilitation potential here...
That nut case, Dalia Dippolito, got 16 years for hiring someone to kill her husband, even though he wasn't killed and no harm came to him.

This nut case tries to kill a CHILD and almost does, and add to that the horrific way he did it, and he gets 12 years?

I know they took place in different states but still................

He was sentenced to 19 years jail shortly after he admitted the attempted premeditated first-degree murder … but a plea deal means he will benefit from Minnesota state rules which means he will be out of jail in under 12 years.

He's been charged with multiple assaults in the past and had been banned from the mall. His family told KSTP that he had violent tendencies since childhood and dealt with mental health issues.

Attempted murderer who hurled Landen Hoffman, 5, off mall balcony gets just 12 years jail | Metro News

His plea deal calls for prosecutors to drop an aggravated-circumstances component to the charge that could have meant an additional year in prison. Prosecutor Cheri Ann Townsend said the boy's family supports the plea deal.

Man pleads guilty to throwing a 5-year-old boy from Mall of America balcony

So he faced a 19 year sentence which was reduced to less than 12 after a plea deal and the child's family supports this?

If this happened to my child, I'd be more than unhappy with this sentence, especially since he's had mental health issues since childhood. Isn't the family concerned that this could happen again to someone else?

12 years? Is that because Landen didn't die? He certainly wanted to kill him! Intent should have been taken into account.

Do you think that this criminal will be rehabilitated in 12 years? Throwing a child off a balcony? No rehabilitation potential here...
Is this light sentence set in stone?

He's not being formally sentenced until June 3rd.

Does the Judge have the final say as to the sentence (so could possible make it longer) or does he/she have to abide by the agreement the prosecutor made?

Is this light sentence set in stone?

He's not being formally sentenced until June 3rd.

Does the Judge have the final say as to the sentence (so could possible make it longer) or does he/she have to abide by the agreement the prosecutor made?

I don't know. My opinion is that this case was fast tracked, in order to get the plea. The guy planned it, did it, and with willful intent left the scene in order to evade LEO. That does not indicate any type of "Insanity" defense.

If I had been sitting on a jury for this perpetrator, I would have gone, "Guilty" and "DP" in a heartbeat.

I don't know. My opinion is that this case was fast tracked, in order to get the plea. The guy planned it, did it, and with willful intent left the scene in order to evade LEO. That does not indicate any type of "Insanity" defense.

If I had been sitting on a jury for this perpetrator, I would have gone, "Guilty" and "DP" in a heartbeat.
They don't have the death penalty in MN but I'm right there with you.

A friend of mine, who's an attorney, just got back to me and after taking out his colorful language said "Judges can do whatever they want"

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back