Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting this, I had not remembered this.

So what became of any shoe print analysis then? Were they able to get a useful impression and match on the size and type of shoe? I’ve seen on Forensic Files there is an actual shoe print database of some sort. There are also what they call “accidentals”, wear patterns and marks on a shoe which are unique to the wearer.

I hope they were able to separate the perp’s shoe prints from the searchers’ prints.

Hmmm. I'll just follow these footprints, stomp, stomp, stomp.

I agree. Maybe he didn’t mean to phrase it that way but it sure doesn’t make me feel confident in the least bit. What’s unbelievable to me is, we have audio and video, and he’s supposedly local, in a town of less than 3K, yet still no arrests. I just don’t understand it. MOO This is why I don’t think he lives there. MOO

It would be quicker to interview every person in town. Or as has been suggested, DNA everyone.

Hey all...so I know this is likely crazy and nothing. But I've been entertaining the idea that BG is now deceased. Well I posted something on another site about it, and a user shared a link to a story about a conversation that a somewhat local had with her uncle, in which her uncle told that BG looked like someone he worked with, he called LE with the tip, they never followed up with him, and the guy had since killed himself. Her uncle was an iron worker.

I did a quick search and found a young man who I think resembles the sketch. His cause of death is not listed in his obit...which CAN mean suicide...the family just doesnt want that out there. But it does say he worked in construction.

Again, I know it's probably nothing, and I'm not looking to out this individual...or post side by sides or the like....but has anyone looked into this? Or have resources to get more info on this individual?

Something I’ve noticed since the April 22 PC is that after the 2 weeks LE requested media silence there has been something in the news about this case even if the news is not really newsworthy (like the number of tips total) at the beginning of every week. I didn’t start following this case till after the April 22 conference and I was wondering if this is typically how LE has been operating? I thought they might be keeping the case in the media to keep people in Delphi and the surrounding area talking about it as a form of pressure. If it’s normal I’m prob wrong.

I’ve always felt a kind of spiritual significance with the 2 deer, but that’s just me.
I remember getting a spooky feeling the very first time I read it, like it was the girls spirits. That is a deer trail on that side of the creek though so it could be possible. I'm sure they did run off. MOO

I can’t think of one good reason why any searchers involved in an organized search for missing teenagers would stop to take photos of deer. Is there something that suggests this searcher did?

As it was reported search teams were organized through the fire dept that morning, nothing has ever been reported to the contrary such as this man was all alone. Maybe he was just the first team member to sight the bodies?
Sorry, my mistake. A previous poster mentioned something about taking a pic. You're correct, there is no such link. But he did claim to see two deer, as per BP's statement.
ed: correct initials, sorry :(

Last edited:
I can't help but feel that by keeping back some information in order to avoid false confessions, LE has shot themselves in the foot. Certainly the word "Guys" could have been released earlier, additional photos of BG also could have been released at the time of the murders. There is probably a lot of facts that the real murderer would know, to weed out the false confession. It's a shame that they've released the latest info so late, they are a day late and a dollar short. Memories fail, videos are recorded over, people move away. LE really needs to get moving here. For the record, I used to think they "knew" who did it, but I don't any longer.
I agree that more information could have been relayed to the public in helping to find this murderer. I would think the voice of him on the tape could have been released sooner and perhaps a few more words (if not too graphic) as well! Also, maybe a few other details! Sometimes LE holds all their cards too close. Also, this whole thing re. sketches one and two was not made clear all along, and probably still confuses some people.

Hey all...so I know this is likely crazy and nothing. But I've been entertaining the idea that BG is now deceased. Well I posted something on another site about it, and a user shared a link to a story about a conversation that a somewhat local had with her uncle, in which her uncle told that BG looked like someone he worked with, he called LE with the tip, they never followed up with him, and the guy had since killed himself. Her uncle was an iron worker.

I did a quick search and found a young man who I think resembles the sketch. His cause of death is not listed in his obit...which CAN mean suicide...the family just doesnt want that out there. But it does say he worked in construction.

Again, I know it's probably nothing, and I'm not looking to out this individual...or post side by sides or the like....but has anyone looked into this? Or have resources to get more info on this individual?
I think that is very interesting and should be followed up.

I don't know if it was ever mentioned exactly where he was, but when one of the searchers asked what color shoes one of them was wearing, she told a family member not to go "down there."
So they may have been on a hill that led down to where the bodies were when they first spotted them. Imo

You could be right...I just don't know. I had thought that that conversation happened up on the bridge where several family members were. ??

I’ve always felt a kind of spiritual significance with the 2 deer, but that’s just me.
If the deer story was corroborated by the grandma then I see no reason the doubt it. Although deer do come out after dark primarily, they have been known to make an appearance during the day! (as a former hunter's wife and living in an area where we see deer in our town).

I don’t think you’ll find any MSM source as yet connecting this crime to the cemetery, other than many, many theories.

I’d take Libby’s grandmother’s version over anonymous sources. JMO

“....Sources tell Call 6 Investigates that a set of footprints are what led volunteers to the area the bodies were found.“
2 bodies found positively ID'd as missing teens
That's interesting, two versions, one they followed footprints, in the other two deer distracted attention and brought into focus the girls location. I suppose the two versions could be combined into one also.

<modsnipped quoted post>

I believe they first asked about the shoes that Livby had on. Kelsi answered and that's when they said they found them. I am not sure of the exact wording that was used. I believe it was actually mentioned in a few places. GH video interview with the Pattys I think talks of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. Maybe he didn’t mean to phrase it that way but it sure doesn’t make me feel confident in the least bit. What’s unbelievable to me is, we have audio and video, and he’s supposedly local, in a town of less than 3K, yet still no arrests. I just don’t understand it. MOO This is why I don’t think he lives there. MOO
I still think he's local, just not living "in town."

Doesn't sound one bit crazy to me. I hope if this was provided as a "tip" that it was followed up on and the individual cleared as a suspect, regardless that he's deceased.

That was the story told to BP from the person who found the girls.

Just odd that 2 deers would be standing near 2 human bodies, just the sent of humans send them on their way.

Wish the sight and sounds of cars would send them on their way. Lot of cars hitting deer around here!
Yes, we get deer hit alot here in BC unfortunately. Some deer around here are quite tame and used to people, so they aren't easily spooked lol.

Way way back, when the original BG sketch was released to the public, LE said basically that they would like to know who the person in the sketch was, "even if that person is now deceased" (BBM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy88