SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Well done @Laurynpoole and @HayLouise!

Lauryn, you can also distribute the flyers via the Facebook page. I hope @HayLouise knows the technicalities .... you upload a PDF file and people can download and print it and distribute it, in the UK and in Spain where they live.
I did not create the flyer, it was just an offer :)

Need to get their faces out there then hopefully leads might start coming in

BBC our there this week filming to do a programme about this case

<modsnip - discussion of unnamed social media>

Let’s hope things now get moving and anyone with information comes forward to help find them

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve shared into as many groups as I can for now. If anyone could help by doing the same that would be great. I think the page is a good idea for anyone who may not want to come forward onto a police page too. I’m becoming more hopeful about it and feel silly for not doing so sooner.
Lucie Blackman trust has been contacted.
And flyers have been made and will be putting onto the page when on a laptop.

Thank you more suggestions please

Can anyone here help translate some text into Spanish so Lauryn can post it on the Find page? Just the basics of when / where they were last seen etc . That post could be pinned at the top so any Spaniards see it first. Those are the people you need to target - the locals.

Also @Laurynpoole do you have any more photos of them you can add onto the Find page? I think I've only seen the original two that the police used.

I’ve shared into as many groups as I can for now. If anyone could help by doing the same that would be great. I think the page is a good idea for anyone who may not want to come forward onto a police page too. I’m becoming more hopeful about it and feel silly for not doing so sooner.
Lucie Blackman trust has been contacted.
And flyers have been made and will be putting onto the page when on a laptop.

Thank you more suggestions please

hi Lauryn, take a look at twitter ALERTA DESAPARECIDOS (@sosdesaparecido) | Twitter

SOS Desaparecidos is a major website for the missing in Spain.
Asociación sosdesaparecidos
They have a webversion in English.
You can leave your data there and they will call you.
Asociación sosdesaparecidos

Can anyone here help translate some text into Spanish so Lauryn can post it on the Find page? Just the basics of when / where they were last seen etc . That post could be pinned at the top so any Spaniards see it first. Those are the people you need to target - the locals.

Also @Laurynpoole do you have any more photos of them you can add onto the Find page? I think I've only seen the original two that the police used.

Where's the text? I'll gladly do that, and put it into the SOS Desaparecidos format if necessary.

SOMEONE MUST KNOW’: GRANDMOTHER OF MISSING BRITISH LAD WHO VANISHED WITH HIS FATHER FROM SPAIN’S COSTA DEL SOL MAKES HEARTFELT APPEAL

THE grandmother of missing British lad Liam Poole has spoken of her and her husband’s heartbreak while appealing for information.
of missing British lad Liam Poole has spoken of her and her husband’s heartbreak while appealing for information.

Kathy, also from Burgess Hill, said she ‘hopes and prays’ for news everyday and says the family just need some ‘peace of mind’.

Liam Poole, 22 and his dad Daniel Poole, 46, vanished from Estepona on April 1 during a six-day break.

“We are extremely worried for his safety,” Kathy told the Olive Press last night, “we would appreciate any information regarding his whereabouts or what happened to him.

“It’s the first thing we think about when we wake up and the last thing when we go to bed.

“Liam has been a big part of our lives and our whole family are devastated, it’s not like him to not keep in contact with his grandparents.”

Liam and Daniel disappeared from the Costa del Sol while reportedly staying at the Valle Romano Hotel in Estepona.

They left their passports and clothes in their hotel room and their rental car, a Peugeot 308, has not been found or tracked.

“Somebody must know something we would really appreciate it if they would come forward and tell the police what they know and give the family some peace of mind,” Kathy said.

She added that Liam is incredibly ‘special’ to the family.

“He’s our first grandchild, I saw him come into this world and he has spent so much time with us, from the moment he was born,” she said.

“He’s such a family oriented lad and always saw the best in people.

“He wears his heart on his sleeve…when his great grandparents were alive Liam spent so much time with them and when my dad was dying of cancer he spent day after day laying on the bed with him and reading and talking to him.”

The brother of Daniel also recently detailed the family’s ongoing heartache back in Sussex.

Laurence Poole, 43, said he is fearing the worst while Daniel’s other two children, aged 19 and 17, are ‘absolutely terrified’.

“I’m beginning to fear the worst,” he told the Olive Press, “it’s been too long for them to be missing something’s not right.

“It’s so difficult because you want to be as positive as you can but you need to be realistic about the situation.”

He added that it was still a complete mystery as to what could have happened to his brother and nephew.

“I’ve got no clue as to what actually happened.

“There’s been so much speculation, people have told me he was there to buy a car and others said he was looking at a property along the Costa del Sol but we just don’t know.

“The police seem to have no answers yet or if they do they are remaining tight lipped."

'SOMEONE MUST KNOW': Grandmother of missing British lad who vanished with his father from Spain's Costa del Sol makes heartfelt appeal - Olive Press News Spain

Last edited:
THE grandmother of missing British lad Liam Poole has spoken of her and her husband’s heartbreak while appealing for information.

This must be Liam's maternal grandmother (ie Danny's ex-wife Lisa's mum)

@Laurynpoole - hands up I just sneaked a peek at your FB. Sorry! Have you found out who the flowers are from? I hope so, I think it would unsettle me not knowing, under the circumstances.

This must be Liam's maternal grandmother (ie Danny's ex-wife Lisa's mum)

@Laurynpoole - hands up I just sneaked a peek at your FB. Sorry! Have you found out who the flowers are from? I hope so, I think it would unsettle me not knowing, under the circumstances.
Yes that is our Grandma, on my mums side.
Although we’ve been advised not to talk with press but hey ho you can’t stop everyone!

Lol yes we found out who the flowers were sent by! I don’t mind my Facebook being open, I don’t have anything to hide these days!

I will post some more photos of my dad and brother although I believe these ones are probably the most accurate in representing the two.

Selfies can be a bit deceiving lol!

I’ll find some more.

Thank you for everyone helping

More public appeals from family members (Daniels brother):

"Danny's terrified brother Laurence, 44, said the pair had flown to Spain to look at properties with a view of buying a holiday home.

He said: 'All I know from the police is that their passports and clothes were left in the room.

'Danny went out there to look for properties to buy a holiday home that they could use for weeks at a time.

'They might have had a few drinks in the evening, but it wasn't a lads' jolly-up - he was there to find a house, and they'd booked return flights."

-Also a mention that Daniel & Liam 'could have' met up with friends in Spain.

" Detective Chief Inspector Emma Heater, of Sussex Police, said she has been told by family members that Danny and Liam have friends in Spain who they may have visited."

Detectives issue fresh appeal to find British father and son who disappeared on Costa Del Sol | Daily Mail Online

Wouldn't be a bad thing, to distribute flyers in/around the area, where D&L could have been...by friends.

Last edited:
Sorry for typos, I'm using my phone. o_O
If you could find the name that would be great thank you! I can then pass on info to the police. It would be very handy.

Also I need some new up to date flyers made, I don’t have a laptop so would be great if someone could make one up for me.

If I typed up something could someone also translate in Spanish?
Thank you in advance

Have you seen us?

Daniel (on the left) 46, is described as 5ft 9in tall of heavy build and with short grey hair while Liam (on the right), 22, is 6ft and of medium build and with short, light brown hair.

Daniel and Liam Poole flew from Malaga airport on the 31st of March and planned to return on Saturday the 6th of April however did not return home on their flight.

Contact with family and friends has not been made since the 1st of April.

The last confirmed sighting was on Tuesday the 2nd of April leaving the hotel Valle Romano Golf and Resort.

Daniel was driving a Grey Peugeot 308 with the registration number 0254KTM.

The car has not since been located or been returned to the car hire company.

All belongings and passports have been left at the hotel which suggests that they did not plan their disappearance.

Did you see anything on Tuesday the 2nd of April?

Have you seen the Hire car?

Did you speak to Daniel Or Liam on their travels?

ANY information is welcome.

Please contact authorities if you have any information on their whereabouts.

We also have a Facebook page in which you can message in confidence with any information.

Finding Daniel and Liam Poole- Missing Abroad

——————————————————————

Would anyone suggest leaving a contact number? I don’t want to be bombarded on my mobile with false info or people just trying to find out information.

Have you seen us?

Daniel (on the left) 46, is described as 5ft 9in tall of heavy build and with short grey hair while Liam (on the right), 22, is 6ft and of medium build and with short, light brown hair.

Daniel and Liam Poole flew from Malaga airport on the 31st of March and planned to return on Saturday the 6th of April however did not return home on their flight.

Contact with family and friends has not been made since the 1st of April.

The last confirmed sighting was on Tuesday the 2nd of April leaving the hotel Valle Romano Golf and Resort.

Daniel was driving a Grey Peugeot 308 with the registration number 0254KTM.

The car has not since been located or been returned to the car hire company.

All belongings and passports have been left at the hotel which suggests that they did not plan their disappearance.

Did you see anything on Tuesday the 2nd of April?

Have you seen the Hire car?

Did you speak to Daniel Or Liam on their travels?

ANY information is welcome.

Please contact authorities if you have any information on their whereabouts.

We also have a Facebook page in which you can message in confidence with any information.

Finding Daniel and Liam Poole- Missing Abroad

——————————————————————

Would anyone suggest leaving a contact number? I don’t want to be bombarded on my mobile with false info or people just trying to find out information.

You could create a new free email address to put on the poster. Saves your own personal email or phone number getting bombarded :) And definitely a good idea to put a link to the Facebook page you created too, some people may be more likely to give info on FB rather than email.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back