Found Safe KY - Kenneth Howard, 22mths, Salyersville, 12 May 2019

Thank you guys for the warm welcome!

Whew, what a day! First we heard they were gonna call off the search today, if nothing turned up again. Then we heard the dogs hit on something last night! Sure enough, he led them to the area the baby was found in. The folks from Rough Terrain Rescue posted this today:

We have had several comments and questions about our efforts last night. Our oldest hound Hank along with Handler Bill Reed and support Jacob Preece was able to establish a direction of travel last night, this information promoted search managers to concentrate on a specific area. This information ultimately lead searchers to Kenneth's location

A local fireman was the one who actually found him. They heard him cry, and kept looking. Thank God he was strong enough still to cry. My entire office burst into tears when we heard the news. He's with his mom and dad at the hospital now.
Folks wonder how he could make it in the hills so long? He's a hillbilly. We are born and raised in these hills. I spent my childhood wandering up and down these hills and hollers, barefoot half the time. He's a little mountain man! lol. Seriously, though, I believe that baby had angels with him.

I dont think there is ANY question of any type of foul play. A POSSIBILITY of maybe negligence, maybe, if that. There's rumors and some facts, but this was never nothing intentional or evil.

OH, how happy we are tonight!

A big hand for ole Hank!

60347239_2282937678452858_1016171502543831040_n.jpg
Give Hank a big old bear hug for me. He's a hero!

Wlex 11news reported K is still at hospital, was covered with ticks (yikes) wlex went on to say he was found near where previously searched, tried to reach parents by phone this evening-no luck & KSP will continue to investigate how the child got to where he was found.

Last edited:
I thought Hank had a q-tip dangling from his mouth. What a blessing! Hank did what all the rest couldn't do apparently. I was losing hope. Tough kid. It's hard not to gush isnt it? Lol loss for words, so happy for this child and his family and their community. Now I'll stop the mushy gushing lol
i do have a lot of questions....was he really out there all this time? Thats one tough kid if he was. Poor baby.

Wlex 11news reported K is still at hospital, was covered with ticks (yikes) wlex went on to say he was found near where previously searched, tried to reach parents by phone this evening-no luck & KSP will continue to investigate how the child got to where he was found.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are at the hospital comforting their little boy.....o_O

Wlex 11news reported K is still at hospital, was covered with ticks (yikes) wlex went on tomsay he was found near where previously searched, tried to reach parents by phone this evening-no luck & KSP will continue to investigate how the child got to where he was found.

Poor sweet baby boy, but he's a survivor! IMO it doesn't mean anything that he was found in a location previously searched. I'm sure he was moving around as the searchers searched. A toddler who gets lost doesn't know to hug a tree and wait for help to come find him. Heck, most adults who get lost in the words don't follow that advice either. He was probably walking around in circles or may have even been hiding the first day if he heard the sounds of strangers and was scared. I think they finally were able to find him when he tired out to the point he couldn't run anymore and his crying alerted them to his location. MOO.

Yeah, how did he get to there in sandals (described as very difficult terrain)? Why wasn't he found when that area was searched previously? It's almost as if someone dumped him off there after the searchers left. Really odd. Maybe a bear helped him?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say they are at the hospital comforting their little boy.....o_O

Obviously. I think the news was trying cell # & as reporters do, emphasizing what really is explanatory.

I’m just glad he’s safe & the family can move forward, whatever will be, will be.
If anyone is involved in K’s disappearance, KSP will get them.

Yeah, how did he get to there in sandals (described as very difficult terrain)? Why wasn't he found when that area was searched previously? It's almost as if someone dumped him off there after the searchers left. Really odd. Maybe a bear helped him?

@Gunslinging Granny I think it’ll be a couple weeks before we hear what the investigation unveils, if anything.
Prob’ some cell phone & computer records needing to be scrutinized, imo.

He found water?
Well I assumed he was able to take some in somehow because I didn’t think a human could survive 4 days without water.
I just looked it up and I’m finding 3-4 days is the typical maximum time you can live but sometimes a bit longer. Yikes. IDK I thought he might have licked some water off of leaves around him or something! :rolleyes:

Well I assumed he was able to take some in somehow because I didn’t think a human could survive 4 days without water.
I just looked it up and I’m finding 3-4 days is the typical maximum time you can live but sometimes a bit longer. Yikes. IDK I thought he might have licked some water off of leaves around him or something! :rolleyes:

There was an article posted on a website by a pediatrician that stated one thing that worked in the toddlers favor was that toddlers have a higher percent of of water reserves in their little bodies compared to adults.

Kenneth Howard: Pediatrician reveals ‘amazing’ ways missing 22-month-old boy survived three days in the woods

I have not read entire thread but I don't think he would want to read here, giving the suspicion of his parents before and even after he was found.

Remember, the case is not closed. Previous msm reports
The child was “possibly” outside for nearly three days & no criminality “currently”, per KSP Trooper Petry.

I wouldn't be answering calls from the news, either. I certainly don't think this makes the family look suspicious.

And yes, people are found in previously searched areas all the time. It's weird, especially when it comes to those who have passed away, but it happens. I was wrong about what I thought happened, and I'm happy I was wrong. I can admit, though. At this point, I just hope he and his parents can move on and enjoy the rest of their lives. This will be a big adventure and story that he'll be able to talk about as he gets older, even if he doesn't remember most of it.

LE always dot their "I"s and cross their "T"s in searches like this. They did it with the little girl from Red Lick in Madison County, too. Continuing with their investigation doesn't always mean that they think there's more to the story-sometimes it's just as simple as trying to figure out why the kids weren't found sooner so that they can adjust things about future searches.

Remember that first and foremost WS is victim friendly. Please do NOT insinuate any possible involvement of family, friends or anyone until/unless LE indicates this child's disappearance is anything other than misadventure ... a missing toddler who went astray and thankfully was found.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dallasstar1968
Back