GUILTY ID - Angie Dodge, 18, brutally murdered at home, Idaho Falls, 13 June 1996 *Arrest in 2019*

Bonneville prosecutor: We will double efforts to find Angie Dodge's killer

Nate Eaton, EastIdahoNews.com: Some people would say, ‘Why not wipe his record clean? Completely get rid of the charge?’

Danny Clark, Bonneville County prosecutor: I understand that. People come at this with a lot of different opinions and I can appreciate all of those. We’ve certainly heard plenty.

We said years ago we would give this a fresh look and we’ve done that. Our investigator, I think, gave as honest of an opinion as he could.

He puts Mr. Tapp at the crime scene with some minor level of involvement. It’s fairly consistent with what the jury ultimately found.

In my review of the evidence, the evidence does not exonerate him, and it never has. Anyone that suggests these new things that are coming up over the last couple years exonerate him just simply are operating from the position of an agenda that I don’t have the luxury of doing.

Eaton: In making this agreement, has Mr. Tapp agreed to provide you with additional information that might help with the investigation?

Clark: Regardless of what side of this you’re on, anything Mr. Tapp says is suspect as best. What we all agree on is he certainly has lied multiple times, so any statement from him is worthless from my perspective.

There’s been discussions over time regarding him naming other people, and there’s been potential agreements that may have occurred over time.

Ultimately, we get to this point where we’re simply dealing with the amount of time he served for the conduct he committed. We thought that was fair, and any effort to have him cooperate any further has been unfruitful thus far.

Eaton: There’s a killer out there.

Clark: Yes.

Eaton: Where does the case go now?

Clark: I think from my perspective — myself, as well as the police department, can double our efforts. I have a seen a great effort on the part of the police department to work down that portion of the case. That’s aside from Mr. Tapp.

We know there’s others involved no matter what side of this you’re on — either the killer or the other killers, it just depends on your perspective.

We know there’s others and I’ve seen a good effort by the police department. I think that will continue. On my watch, it certainly will.

Father and son say Chris Tapp was at their house around the night of Angie Dodge's murder

Many people had the chance to hold Tapp for the first time in 20 years. Some even had to reintroduce themselves to him because it had been so long.

That is exactly what happened when Tapp saw Mike and Jason Hope. Mike Hope said the night Tapp was accused of Angie Dodge's murder, Tapp was actually at Mike's house. He tried to convince police but he had no luck.

"He used to come over to our house and play computer games all the time. We was pretty sure that, that night that he was accused of this, we thought he was at our house playing games, so I donated the hard drive on my computer to see if his name was on there for high scores," Mike Hope said.

He said he does not know if officials ever found Tapp's name on the high score list.

Locals react to Tapp being released

Idaho Falls police obtain sketch of primary suspect in Angie Dodge's murder

Here's the video from the hearing; Carol Dodge's impact statement starts @ the 13:00 mark. Very emotional proceedings, hopefully now they can find Angie's killer.

[video=youtube;2zF2F2zpzIc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zF2F2zpzIc"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zF2F2zpzIc[/video]

Chris Tapp is free, but he’s owed more justice

Christopher Tapp was finally freed from prison earlier this month after more than 20 years. Prosecutor Danny Clark has released a statement in which he attempts to explain the actions of his office in dropping all counts of rape against Tapp but leaving in place the murder conviction (with a deadly weapon enhancement).

Clark’s statement unfortunately does not explain this split, which is peculiar since all of the same forensic evidence used to dismiss the rape charge equally demonstrates that Tapp had nothing to do with the 1996 killing of Angie Dodge in Idaho Falls. The DNA analysis requested by the Idaho Innocence Project has produced clear results that exclude Tapp from everything tested. The tests also exclude all of the other suspects who were part of the prosecution’s theory of the crime. More important is that the scientific evidence tells a very clear story — one that was totally ignored by the prosecutor’s statement.

Tapp is not on any of the evidence in this case, but one man is — in every single profile. His semen was recovered from the victim’s body before Tapp’s trial. We also now know through testing that the same man left a pubic hair on the victim’s face.

We have fought for 10 years to demonstrate in open court that Tapp is innocent. During that same time, the county continued to test evidence in this case (apparently looking for Tapp’s DNA). We had just received the final results when Tapp was offered a deal, without the delays of hearings, a new trial and possible appeals by the county. Apparently, the prosecutor saw the absurdity of Tapp’s rape conviction given all of the DNA results. But those same results also clear Tapp of murder. The state tested Dodge’s sweatpants, nightshirt, the pubic hair, her hands and the teddy bear — not just for evidence of rape, but because those are all the places they concluded the killer had touched.

Investigation Discovery producing 'Who Killed Angie Dodge?' special

According to a news release, the special will feature new insights about Tapp’s recent release from prison earlier this week, as well as Morrison’s exclusive 2012 interview with the Idaho Falls police detectives who handled the interrogations that led to Tapp’s confession.

Angie Dodge was found raped and stabbed to death in her apartment on I Street in 1996. Tapp was charged and convicted of murder but has maintained his innocence over the years.

An air date for the Investigation Discovery special has not been announced but it will premiere in early summer, according to a release.

Does anyone know if they collected DNA samples from persons living down the street, across the street, in the neighborhood and compare. Something tells me they didn't do that.
This young woman, from what i have read here was not killed by some serial killer that happened to be in town that day. She was killed by someone that lived RIGHT THERE!

At the time, could have been a young person. Between the ages of 17-20. Someone she knew from the neighbhood but didn't know real well. I have not read all but i dont think there were signs of forced entry though i could be wrong. IF there are any relatives here, can you tell us did she advertise locally for something. Anything......Someone showed up there for a possible encounter, and she refused there advances. She was killed to keep from Identifying her attacker.

The answer is in the DNA of the semen left at the scene. Someone needs to explain just how close in relation the killer is to the father of the filmmaker who was investigated because he shared 34 out of 35 markers with the caller. The 48 hours show should have explained more what that means. How close of a relation could that person be or not be? The filmakers father should provide as much information about his family tree as possible. Has he? We don't know as far as I can tell.

The answer is in the DNA of the semen left at the scene. Someone needs to explain just how close in relation the killer is to the father of the filmmaker who was investigated because he shared 34 out of 35 markers with the caller. The 48 hours show should have explained more what that means. How close of a relation could that person be or not be? The filmakers father should provide as much information about his family tree as possible. Has he? We don't know as far as I can tell.

In the following link, they mention the killer may have worn some kind of gloves.
If that is the case, Either the killer didn't want to leave prints for one of two reasons. First to never have his prints on file and second He already had his prints on record and didn't want there to be a match.......I go with the second option. Somewhere back in time before the murder, this person did something to have his finger prints recorded and was concern about a possible match if he didn't wear any hand protectors. If it was someone under 18 at the time, a minor than i believe but not certain hes record would have been destroyed after turning 18. But if considered an adult 18 and older back then in Idaho then his prints would still be on record.......I would have them check for anyone that was living in the area at the time whom was arrested for whatever reason and had there finger prints taken during lockup. THEN, I would go to these individuals and ask them to voluntarily give an DNA swab to compare to the one that have collected at the crime scene........I guess 34 out of 35 does open another path. But I guess that one that didn't match is the one that separates the killer from billions of persons on the planet. 35 out of 35 your busted, 34 or less your looked at more closely.

I think the BTK killer was caught using a similar method of DNA. I think a relative provided an sample or something like that. Just posting as an afterthought.

Strange? I have tried three times to log out and cannot do to some kind of error??
An error occurred.

Sorry, the page you are looking for is currently unavailable.
Please try again later.

If you are the system administrator of this resource then you should check the (deleted) for details.
Faithfully yours, nginx.

[video=youtube;DhFdscHALnI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhFdscHALnI[/video]

[video=youtube;BkC7Pyj6EgA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BkC7Pyj6EgA[/video]

A DNA profile sketch of the killer was released today http://www.ktvb.com/news/crime/dna-provides-sketch-of-idaho-falls-cold-case-killer/436457447

attachment.php

Attachments

• dodge-killer_1493837353526_9366356_ver1.0.jpg
    dodge-killer_1493837353526_9366356_ver1.0.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 87

Attachments

• angie-dodge-killer.jpg
    angie-dodge-killer.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 68
  • angie-dodge-killer-aged.jpg
    angie-dodge-killer-aged.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 68
Just watched ID with Keith Morrison, some thoughts:

Carol Dodge is an advanced soul.
The Idaho Falls PD and prosecutors would do their community some good with a whole lot of self reflection, and then maybe some admission of wrongdoing in this case.
Hopefully Chris T will be given some opportunity for meaningful work even with this ridiculous felony conviction still on his record.

Most Importantly, catch this killer, the leaver of the semen sample! It shouldn't be an impossible task. Build a male ancestral tree of Robert Usury- his father and uncles, his grandfather and great uncles and so forth. Then find the male offspring of those. A smart, savvy person who specializes in ancestry and DNA should be able to do it!

Just watched ID with Keith Morrison, some thoughts:

Carol Dodge is an advanced soul.
The Idaho Falls PD and prosecutors would do their community some good with a whole lot of self reflection, and then maybe some admission of wrongdoing in this case.
Hopefully Chris T will be given some opportunity for meaningful work even with this ridiculous felony conviction still on his record.

Most Importantly, catch this killer, the leaver of the semen sample! It shouldn't be an impossible task. Build a male ancestral tree of Robert Usury- his father and uncles, his grandfather and great uncles and so forth. Then find the male offspring of those. A smart, savvy person who specializes in ancestry and DNA should be able to do it!
And there is no shortage of people interested and well versed in genealogical studies in the area.

Hopefully this doc. will be re-broadcast.
https://www.eastidahonews.com/2017/...ry-airing-2-hour-angie-dodge-special-tonight/
Investigation Discovery airing 2-hour Angie Dodge special tonight

May 29th, 2017
Five years later, in 2017, the hunt is still on for the killer. Morrison returns to Idaho Falls to report on the latest developments with new interviews with Carol Dodge, Tapp’s public defender and a man who was falsely implicated in Angie’s murder but has never spoken on camera, until now.

In May 2017, the Idaho Falls Police Department announced a new Angie Dodge tip line and released computer generated sketches of the man who left DNA at the crime scene. Meanwhile, Tapp’s attorney continues to work with Carol Dodge as she pursues her own investigation and track down leads.
Clip from show.
https://discovery.app.box.com/s/owdjo0bx900jtd65v1e4uw6x7m9gleum

DNA Report Clears Usry Family of Involvement in Angie Dodge Homicide Case

Idaho Falls Police Department recently received a DNA report that clears Michael Usry Jr. and his family of involvement in the Angie Dodge homicide case. The testing clears the Usry family out to the 6th-degree relative.

Contradictory DNA results put focus on test methods

http://www.postregister.com/articles/chris-tapp-coverage-featured-news-daily-email/2017/07/29/contradictory-dna-results-put

It’s been a long journey for Michael Usry Jr. and his family.

Briefly investigated in the 1996 murder of Angie Dodge two decades after the fact and based solely on a partial DNA match to his father, Usry’s life has been haunted by the case for nearly three years.

During that time he’s gone from being considered a suspect — or at least closely related to the suspect — in a murder case, based on one DNA test, to having his entire family cleared of suspicion by another more extensive DNA test.

The story about how he became entwined in a cold case murder investigation 1,900 miles from his home raises alarms about the potential misuse of DNA in criminal investigations and court proceedings, which could lead to false convictions.

Some thoughts and questions: It is interesting how much detail is left out of these TV murder mysteries. I did not know that the landlord lived below Angie Dodge's apt. (That would indicate she knew her killer). Angie was a big girl (around 6 feet). Ben Hobbs and Chris Tapp both have assault arrests. Ben, in Nevada I think after the murder and Chris after he was released from prison (I will try and find the link).
Was Michael Usury Jr in Idaho Falls during the time Angie was murdered? I lose a lot of respect for law enforcement when they sit there and lie to the person being interviewed "We know you were involved". The police interviewer sits there and lies thru his teeth, which is rather disgusting. (IMO)

Some thoughts and questions: It is interesting how much detail is left out of these TV murder mysteries. I did not know that the landlord lived below Angie Dodge's apt. (That would indicate she knew her killer). Angie was a big girl (around 6 feet). Ben Hobbs and Chris Tapp both have assault arrests. Ben, in Nevada I think after the murder and Chris after he was released from prison (I will try and find the link).
Was Michael Usury Jr in Idaho Falls during the time Angie was murdered? I lose a lot of respect for law enforcement when they sit there and lie to the person being interviewed "We know you were involved". The police interviewer sits there and lies thru his teeth, which is rather disgusting. (IMO)
RBBM

Was Michael Usury[/s[ Usry Jr in Idaho Falls during the time Angie was murdered?

No. Michael Usry, Jr was in Idaho for a skiing trip in 1999. Angie was murdered in 1996. MU, Jr, would have been 17yo, att. LEO suspected that MU, Jr. may have visited the area as an interest in attending BYU as explained in the Search Warrant served in Louisiana in December, 2014.

https://www.eff.org/files/2015/05/01/idaho_falls_dna_search_warrant.pdf

M. Usry, Sr. and his wife, Jane, were practicing Mormons. They had, I believe, eight children. Two of their daughters attended BYU during this time frame.

MU, Sr.'s brother, who is four years younger than Michael, is an attorney for the Attorney General's office and has all of his professional career. They also have one sister.

MU, Sr. was born in 1952. He is currently 66yo.
MU, Jr. was born in 1979. He is currently 39yo.

2010 - MU lived in NOLA when he produced the multiple award winning film Murderabilia. He was 31yo.
2014, June - MU, Jr. is married.
2014, December 10 - MU, Jr. was served the Search Warrant.
2016, March - MU, Jr. and his wife moved to Colorado Springs, CO.
2016 - MU, Jr. and his wife had a beautiful baby boy who was born in CO.

MU, Jr is best known for his project Grasshopper.
https://www.imdb.com/name/nm3317506/

There have been so many victims in Angie Dodge's murder investigation, including her precious mother, whom Michael befriended. Perhaps the LEO who interrogated Chris Tapp should be prosecuted for stealing 20 years of freedom from Mr. Tapp who was only 18yo when arrested for Angie's murder.

Mr. Usry, Sr. offered his DNA to a genealogy project for the Mormon Church.

Your Relative’s DNA Could Turn You Into a Suspect
"Usry, whose story was first reported in The New Orleans Advocate, was finally cleared after a nerve-racking 33-day wait—the DNA extracted from his cheek cells didn’t match that of Dodge’s killer, whom detectives still seek. But the fact that he fell under suspicion in the first place is the latest sign that it’s time to set ground rules for familial DNA searching, before misuse of the imperfect technology starts ruining lives."

https://www.wired.com/2015/10/familial-dna-evidence-turns-innocent-people-into-crime-suspects/

Press Conference on the Angie Dodge case will be held today!!!! Thursday May 16th at 2:30PM Mountain Daylight Time

CeCe Moore of Parabon Nanolabs has posted a document from the Idaho Falls Police on her facebook page. I'll type out an excerpt:

"The Idaho Falls police department would like to invite members of the media and the public to a press conference tomorrow, Thursday May 16, in order to share details about developments in the 1996 homicide of Idaho Falls resident, Angie Dodge.

Where: City of Idaho Falls Council Chambers

It will be available through Facebook Live on the Idaho Falls Police Department's facebook page

Last edited:
Press Conference on the Angie Dodge case will be held today!!!! Thursday May 16th at 2:30PM Mountain Daylight Time

CeCe Moore of Parabon Nanolabs has posted a document from the Idaho Falls Police on her facebook page. I'll type out an excerpt:

"The Idaho Falls police department would like to invite members of the media and the public to a press conference tomorrow, Thursday May 16, in order to share details about developments in the 1996 homicide of Idaho Falls resident, Angie Dodge.

Where: City of Idaho Falls Council Chambers

It will be available through Facebook Live on the Idaho Falls Police Department's facebook page
Such good news!
Here is a link to the IFPD's press conference:
IFPD holding news conference to announce new details in Angie Dodge murder case | East Idaho News

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Annie151
Back