Identified! CA - San Mateo Co, WhtMale 773UMCA, 19-25, female clothing, Nov'83 *name withheld*

Alot of great links/articles about this case here:
Remembering Our Dead - Pillar Point Doe (26 Nov 1983)
The source of the updated rendering is: New Forensic Illustration of Pillar Point Doe, San Mateo/Half Moon Bay, CA 1983

The rendering is good, but I wish the artist had of stuck to the description of the clothing. The description of the turtle neck sounded quite distinctive, and might shake loose someone's memory if they wore it frequently, or even borrowed it from someone.

Does anyone know how/where to find (if we can) the original police report on this case?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 6.53.19 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-16 at 6.53.19 AM.png
    773.3 KB · Views: 19
Here is some additional info on James which makes me even more hopeful you have found a match:
James Hires
Quoting myself!
Here is another reason I am hopeful that James Hires is our Pillar Point Doe.
James has *hazel* eyes, and so does our Doe. Approx. 2% in the U.S. have hazel eyes.
On top of the facial shape and other facial markers appearing the same, the eye color is another factor making me feel pretty certain we have given Pillar Point back his name.
Time will tell.
James W Hires

Editing to add that both the Doe and James have fingerprints on file - so this makes me less hopeful. Also, James had a fractured right clavicle and fractured upper left arm. Surely this would have been flagged in PPD's autopsy?
Sigh.....

Last edited:
Quoting myself!
Here is another reason I am hopeful that James Hires is our Pillar Point Doe.
James has *hazel* eyes, and so does our Doe. Approx. 2% in the U.S. have hazel eyes.
On top of the facial shape and other facial markers appearing the same, the eye color is another factor making me feel pretty certain we have given Pillar Point back his name.
Time will tell.
James W Hires

Editing to add that both the Doe and James have fingerprints on file - so this makes me less hopeful. Also, James had a fractured right clavicle and fractured upper left arm. Surely this would have been flagged in PPD's autopsy?
Sigh.....
If only there was an existing post mortem photo, it would make it a lot easier to identify or eliminate possible suggestions.

Update (and a call for action) from DDP via Trans Doe Task Force on Facebook:

"Here is an update regarding Pillar Point Doe from the DNA Doe Project:

Pillar Point Doe's case has been in active research for about 6 weeks, but has also just completed another round of sequencing at the lab in attempts to get a better file for the genealogy team to work with. Many of Pillar Point's DNA matches descend from families that emigrated to the United States as founding members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (Mormon pioneers to Utah). With their church's focus on genealogy over the years, these families are extremely well documented on paper and are under-represented in the DNA testing pool. Because of this, the DDP team has not gotten any close family matches for Pillar Point Doe. If you or anyone you know descends from these pioneer families, please consider taking a DNA test and uploading to GEDmatch, and/or encourage your friends with this population in their ancestry to do so. (Please remember to read the Terms of Service for any company with which you choose to test or upload.)

For more information on Pillar Point Doe, please see our article: A Portrait of Pillar Point Doe - Trans Doe Task Force "
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=576133146211968&id=456104311548186

Interesting. Doe and I might have a common ancestor then, as I descend from Mormon pioneers who moved to Utah and had a lot of children. It's just that I'm descended from their children who stayed in England. My GEDmatch won't help though, since that's all on my dad's side and I'm not biologically related to him.

I wonder if Doe's family were still Mormon or not. Many families in the 80s wouldn't have accepted a gender nonconforming child, but I imagine the conservative religious families would've been even more likely to cast someone out.

I don’t think I’d rule anybody out based on the LDS info yet. We don’t know that our Doe grew up in that religion, only that Doe’s ancestors did.

My ancestors on one side were Ashkenazi Jewish, but everyone who came to the US was Christian. We didn’t even know this until we did DNA and followed the family tree.

Here is some additional info on James which makes me even more hopeful you have found a match:
James Hires
I still think our Doe is James Hire. Does anyone know if there has been a rule out?

This Doe serves to remind us that there are many children turned out of their homes for being their authentic selves. Many of them end up on the streets, doing what they must to survive. While I don’t know if that is the scenario here, there are so many, and they need our love and acceptance....and support!

Amateur opinion and speculation

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998