The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
93 facts about The Queen as she celebrates her birthday

:p A couple of my favourites:

*The Queen’s birthplace, formerly a house in Mayfair, is now a Michelin star Cantonese restaurant called Hakkasan.

*The Queen used to own two sloths :eek:after being gifted them during a state visit to Brazil in 1968.​

*Every morning, Her Majesty is presented with breakfast which is made up of cornflakes and porridge oats in Tupperware containers, yoghurt and two varieties of marmalade.

*...to finish the day off, she will relax with a glass of champagne in the evening. By the UK government’s standards, this would officially make Her Majesty a binge drinker, :confused: having consumed six units of alcohol per day.

*The Queen purposely wears bright colours so members of the public can easily spot her in a crowd.

*When she toured Australia in 1953, it was estimated that around three-quarters of the population got to see her.

*In 2000, she sent her mother, Queen Elizabeth, a telegram to mark her 100th birthday.

*According to her grandsons – Prince William and Prince Harry – The Queen turned to hysterics during one Christmas Dinner after her 100 year old mother did an Ali G impression at the table, mimicking the fictional character after spotting him on the television. :D
93 facts about The Queen as she celebrates her birthday

Thank you for posting this it is very interesting.I would have loved to have seen the Queen Mother’s Ali G impression.

Prince Harry wins damages over aerial pictures of his and Meghan Markle's private home

Harry's lawyer said a news agency chartered a helicopter in January to take photos and film the private home of Harry and his wife, Meghan.

That's really a dangerous spot to be flying a helicopter for taking aerial photos. Isn't Frogmore in the flight path of planes landing at Heathrow? Same for anyone spying with drones, too.

From the article, this is interesting:

"The syndication and publication of the photographs very seriously undermined the safety and security of the Duke and the home to the extent that they are no longer able to live at the property," the lawyer said in a court statement.

So after all the renovations, etc., Prince Harry and Meghan are no longer living at Frogmore? I wonder where they're living? Are they going to have another new home? Seems like a waste of money to spend so much renovating Frogmore only to move out quickly.

ETA: WMWMG

Last edited:
The Queen recently gifted Harry and Meghan with rooms at Buckingham Palace. Perhaps they will spend time there and at Frogmore.

Queen Elizabeth Just Gave Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Another New Home (Video)

I wonder what happens with their staff? Do they all share the kitchen with the rest of the people in the palace? I hope Meghan eventually decides on a suitable home so they can settle down. So far, they've rejected the 21 room renovated apartment at KP,

Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Moving Next Door to Kate Middleton and Prince William?

the renovated house at Frogmore and are now living in 2 suites at BP. Perhaps they are now making long term plans to move to Africa. The celebrity gossip columns are still reporting that Meghan is shopping in LA for homes in the $10 million range. If true, the paparazzi will be even worse there. Maybe that's not actually a problem, though private security would be difficult and expensive.

Maybe if they scaled back their extensive and expensive PR and media campaigns, they would have fewer problems with security. You can't have it both ways - getting lots of daily publicity without attracting the news media. Surely there's a way to deal with those conflicting agendas. Perhaps now that the baby has arrived, Harry will put his foot down and insist on scaling back the publicity bandwagon.

...So after all the renovations, etc., Prince Harry and Meghan are no longer living at Frogmore? I wonder where they're living? Are they going to have another new home? Seems like a waste of money to spend so much renovating Frogmore only to move out quickly.
ETA: WMWMG
I think it's a different place :confused:

"Prince Harry has accepted damages after a news agency took photographs of his Cotswolds home from a helicopter.
(Note both Tweets in article saying 'Oxfordshire/Frogmore' :rolleyes: WTF happened to journalism!)
Prince Harry accepts damages after news agency took photos of his Cotswolds home from a helicopter

Could I just mention..:oops: lol

Buckingham Palace is also the administrative headquarters of the Monarch of the U.K.

Royal Residences: Buckingham Palace
"The Palace has 775 rooms. These include 19 State rooms, 52 Royal and guest bedrooms, 188 staff bedrooms, 92 offices and 78 bathrooms."
&
"... is not only a weekday home of the Queen and Prince Philip but also the London residence of the Duke of York and the Earl and Countess of Wessex. The palace also houses their offices, as well as those of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, the Princess Royal and Princess Alexandra, and is the workplace of more than 800 people."

So Megs & Harry getting their own suite(s) is not quite the big deal the press are trying to make it out to be :cool:
Seriously - You'd understand if you have ever tried commuting anywhere in London? :D

Royal Residences: Buckingham Palace

Buckingham Palace - Wikipedia

I wonder what happens with their staff? Do they all share the kitchen with the rest of the people in the palace? I hope Meghan eventually decides on a suitable home so they can settle down. So far, they've rejected the 21 room renovated apartment at KP,

Are Prince Harry and Meghan Markle Moving Next Door to Kate Middleton and Prince William?

the renovated house at Frogmore and are now living in 2 suites at BP. Perhaps they are now making long term plans to move to Africa. The celebrity gossip columns are still reporting that Meghan is shopping in LA for homes in the $10 million range. If true, the paparazzi will be even worse there. Maybe that's not actually a problem, though private security would be difficult and expensive.

Maybe if they scaled back their extensive and expensive PR and media campaigns, they would have fewer problems with security. You can't have it both ways - getting lots of daily publicity without attracting the news media. Surely there's a way to deal with those conflicting agendas. Perhaps now that the baby has arrived, Harry will put his foot down and insist on scaling back the publicity bandwagon.

The obvious instability of their residences may be a residual
effect of MM's high drama childhood and her comfort zone is
somewhere in the realm of 'keeping things stirred up'.
I've noticed this is other grown people who's childhoods
included drama from divorce, alcoholic parent, family dysfunction, etc.
Harry probably had no clue this was in his future but I think
this is a clue to what's coming. Her whole background is
unstable, imo.

I have searched my Amazon Prime and I can't find it.
Is it country specific?
I recently watched Doctor Thorne and War and Peace and loved them both.

I don't know, maybe it is on Starz, which I have as part of Amazon Prime.

It was at the house they rented, near Soho House.

Might be a reason they chose Frogmore, the Windsor estate is huge and private for the most part.

Of course, parts of it are open to the public but I'm sure security around the Cottage has been greatly increased since they moved in in April.

The obvious instability of their residences may be a residual
effect of MM's high drama childhood and her comfort zone is
somewhere in the realm of 'keeping things stirred up'.
I've noticed this is other grown people who's childhoods
included drama from divorce, alcoholic parent, family dysfunction, etc.
Harry probably had no clue this was in his future but I think
this is a clue to what's coming. Her whole background is
unstable, imo.

I've sometimes seen those traits in people who wait a long time to start a family. JMO, to make up for the divorce and uproar, I think her father spoiled her quite a bit, hence the narcissistic personality traits and need for high drama. Poor Harry, indeed. He's the one who wants to protect and save women. Hopefully, his priorities will now focus more on his child and encourage MM to get some counseling. Narcissistic, high drama people don't make good parents.

Geez, more drama and more wasted money from Prince Harry and Meghan. If the pictures occurred in January, were the renovations stopped at that time? Meghan is drama filled.

I think the non stop endless MM publicity was a major factor for obtaining the pictures. The Pictures were definitely an invasion of privacy.

That's really a dangerous spot to be flying a helicopter for taking aerial photos. Isn't Frogmore in the flight path of planes landing at Heathrow? ...
Absolutely^

So after all the renovations, etc., Prince Harry and Meghan are no longer living at Frogmore? I wonder where they're living? Are they going to have another new home? Seems like a waste of money to spend so much renovating Frogmore only to move out quickly.

...the renovated house at Frogmore and are now living in 2 suites at BP. Perhaps they are now making long term plans to move to Africa. The celebrity gossip columns are still reporting that Meghan is shopping in LA for homes in the $10 million range. If true, the paparazzi will be even worse there. Maybe that's not actually a problem, though private security would be difficult and expensive.

It's NOT Frogmore ;)
This could never happen at Windsor Castle!!

"...in damages after it released intimate photos of the Oxfordshire home Prince Harry lived in with Meghan Markle to the media.
Splash News photos and footage of the couple's former Cotswolds home - including their living room, dining area, and bedroom - were taken by helicopter on January 9 and immediately sold to several news outlets, including The Times."

*This ^ quote is cut directly unedited from article in Business Insider :mad:

"The helicopter flew over the home at a low altitude allowing Splash to take photographs of and into the living area and dining area of the home and directly into the bedroom"

^ Anyone who knows where Frogmore cottage is should know this would be next to impossible o_O

"The property had been chosen by the Duke for himself and his wife given the high level of privacy it afforded, given its position in a secluded area surrounded by private farmland away from any areas to which photographers have access."

Every British reporter who didn't pick-up that within *their* article *they reported* the home in :rolleyes: TWO different counties (obviously copy/pasted from another outlet & NOT even bothered to proof read it thru) not to mention thinks this is even possibly realistic slap-bang in what's essentially the Queen's back garden needs to find themselves stood in line at the job centre 1st thing Monday morning
anger.gif

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle win 'substantial' payout after paparazzi agency took aerial photos of their home that were so invasive they had to move out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth