AZ AZ/NV - Robert Carnochan linked to 3 missing women, Verna Clayton, Nancy Hartz and Neva Lindley, 2008-2016 *died in prison*

T
Thanks for the info! Those 85 cases mentioned are not all missing persons. Many are unsolved murders. According to that groups FB page there are currently 19 people missing from the county listed on NamUs.

Has anyone ever gone through the list they posted of those not in NamUs to see how many were missing? Do we have threads here for all the missing?

You do not have threads for all of the missing as 90% of them have a police report but were never reported in the newspaper. We have the same problem with murders here. We also get most of our information from a local online newspaper on Facebook which we can't use here.
Although most do have missing posters put up like Billy Loboda, I'm not sure if we can use those here for a thread or not.(?)

Last edited:
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

#UP58365
Date Body Found May 1, 2019
ME/C Case Number 19-0765

Sex Female
Race/Ethnicity Uncertain
Estimated Age Group Adult - Pre 90
Height Cannot Estimate
Weight Cannot Estimate

Location Topock, Arizona 86436
County Mohave County

Circumstances of Recovery Remains were discovered by hikers in the area of Topock, Arizona.

Condition of Remains Not recognizable - Partial skeletal parts only

Artificial body part/aid a metal screw was observed in the right lower tibia bone

Clothing shoe, bra and eye glasses were observed in the immediate are of the bones

So someone with bad eyesight who once suffered a Weber grade B or C fractured ankle that was surgically repaired.

Neva Jane Lindley NamUs page The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Thumbnail

Circumstances of Disappearance
Neva, who also goes by her middle name Jane, was last seen in Las Vegas, Nevada in December 2011.

Reactions: mrz
May 13 2020
''Almost 20 different names attached to just one man. Authorities and associates believe he's a con artist. But take a closer look. Is Robert Carnochan just a common swindler? Or could this many-faced man be hiding something much more evil?''

“Since Robert Lawson Carnochan died in prison, no arrest can be made in reference to his involvement in the murder of Nancy Hartz,” Mortensen said. She said Carnochan was the suspect in the cases of two other women who have been missing for years.

The Mohave County Medical Examiner’s office determined that Hartz died of multiple gunshot wounds in a homicide.
Remains of missing person ID'd, suspect has died

The prime suspect in a missing person case died in prison and cannot be prosecuted now that authorities have confirmed the missing party’s remains have been positively identified.

“Nov. 3, 2020, a profile was created for the unidentified human remains, and on Dec. 15, 2020, the human remains were positively identified as the previously reported missing person, Nancy Hartz,” said MCSO spokeswoman Anita Mortensen. The Kingman woman was 71 years old when she was reported missing in July 2015 by family members who indicated she had last been seen with a man from the Lake Havasu City area.

Mortensen said detectives determined the man to be Robert Lawson Carnochan. The man, who reportedly used several aliases, was arrested in April 2016 for fraud, theft and forgery counts unrelated to Hartz’s disappearance.

Carnochan was convicted in separate cases and sentenced to the Arizona Department of Corrections. He was 73 years old when he died in custody on Sept. 17.

“Since Robert Lawson Carnochan died in prison, no arrest can be made in reference to his involvement in the murder of Nancy Hartz,” Mortensen said. She said Carnochan was the suspect in the cases of two other women who have been missing for years.

The Mohave County Medical Examiner’s office determined that Hartz died of multiple gunshot wounds in a homicide.
Remains of missing person ID'd, suspect has died

Missing-person case leads to suspected con man, other disappearances

[..]

"When she left my house that day I kind of had a feeling in the pit of my stomach that I might never see her again. But there was no stopping her," said Sherry. "We tried."

Before Ray drove their mom off into the sunset, Nancy's son wrote down the license plate number on his RV and filed it away, just in case.

In the first few days after Nancy left, Sherry got sick, and like most kids, regardless of age, she just wanted her mom.

"They left June 2nd. The last time we spoke with her was June 5th, and her last words to me that day were 'Well, let God's will be done, so 'OK mama, I love you,' and that was the last time I talked with her," said Sherry.

But then finally, two months after she seemed to drop off the face of the Earth, Nancy's loved ones started getting emails. She claimed to be happier than ever, living off the grid somewhere in the mountains of New Mexico.

But Nancy's kids weren't so sure.

"Just from the tone and everything of those emails, we knew that it wasn't her writing," said Sherry.
And when Sherry looked closer, she realized it wasn't even her mom's email.

"He changed around two of the letters in her email address," said Sherry. "Unless you were paying attention you wouldn't have noticed."

It was enough for sherry's sister Denise to go to authorities. But when police start digging, they get a very different story from none other than Nancy herself. Or so it seemed.

"The deputy who took the initial report was able to talk to someone who indicated that they were Nancy," said Mohave County Chief Deputy Sheriff Rodney Head. "And that they wanted to start a new life elsewhere and were not interested in having any further contact with their family. So the case really wasn't going anywhere."

It was devastating news no matter how Nancy's kids looked at it. Either someone was pretending to be their mom for who knows why, or their mom was alive and well, and suddenly wanted nothing to do with them.

Even though they had no hard evidence, what Nancy's family did have was a story, and Nancy's younger daughter Denise took it straight to Daily Miner Reporter Doug McMurdo.

After hearing all the strange details, McMurdo started typing, and soon the story of Nancy Hartz was front-page news. But even he had no way of knowing what an impact his article would have.

"After it was published there was an outpouring of concern from the community, and I know that people made Denise aware of a couple of private-eyes, and one of them, Lyle Sharman, actually started working for her and he was able to, as they say, break the case open," said McMurdo.

Mohave County officials identify human remains as woman missing since 2015

Feb 16, 2021

MOHAVE COUNTY, AZ (3TV/CBS 5) -- Mohave County officials have identified human remains that were found in a remote desert area in 2019. Officials say they belong to Nancy Hartz, who was reported missing back in July 2015.

The Mohave County Sheriff's Office had responded to the call about multiple skeletal remains found in a remote desert area near the community of Topock, which is between Bullhead City and Lake Havasu City on May 1, 2019. The remains were later sent to the University of North Texas Center for Human Identification for examination. A profile was created in early November 2020 for the unidentified remains and on Dec. 15, 2020 they were positively identified as Nancy Hartz.

Hartz was reported missing on July 28, 2015 by family members and was last seen in Lake Havasu City with a man who detectives learned was Robert Lawson Carnochan. Police say Carnochan had been using multiple aliases.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taketherisk
Back