SPAIN - Daniel, 46, & Liam Poole, 22, British tourists, Estepona, Malaga, 1 Apr 2019

Have you seen us?

Daniel (on the left) 46, is described as 5ft 9in tall of heavy build and with short grey hair while Liam (on the right), 22, is 6ft and of medium build and with short, light brown hair.

Daniel and Liam Poole flew from Malaga airport on the 31st of March and planned to return on Saturday the 6th of April however did not return home on their flight.

Contact with family and friends has not been made since the 1st of April.

The last confirmed sighting was on Tuesday the 2nd of April leaving the hotel Valle Romano Golf and Resort.

Daniel was driving a Grey Peugeot 308 with the registration number 0254KTM.

The car has not since been located or been returned to the car hire company.

All belongings and passports have been left at the hotel which suggests that they did not plan their disappearance.

Did you see anything on Tuesday the 2nd of April?

Have you seen the Hire car?

Did you speak to Daniel Or Liam on their travels?

ANY information is welcome.

Please contact authorities if you have any information on their whereabouts.

We also have a Facebook page in which you can message in confidence with any information.

Finding Daniel and Liam Poole- Missing Abroad

——————————————————————

Would anyone suggest leaving a contact number? I don’t want to be bombarded on my mobile with false info or people just trying to find out information.
No, definitely don't leave your contact number.

I'd suggest adding for people to call 101 from the UK, or +44 1273 475432 (Sussex Police) from abroad quoting 'Operation Pheasant'.

Agree with others, don't put your personal phone number on it. A new email address would be better, plus the police number. I think I'd put something on about being able to ring anonymously (could do that on the 101 number I think - would be useful to know what this is from Spain)

Agree with others, don't put your personal phone number on it. A new email address would be better, plus the police number. I think I'd put something on about being able to ring anonymously (could do that on the 101 number I think - would be useful to know what this is from Spain)
I think it's crimestoppers which is anonymous not 101, but a good shout.

0800 555 111

No problem. Here's a shareable link so people can download/print at any resolution without the text getting fuzzy.

Daniel and Liam Poole 2.pdf

I added the words 'father and son' to the first line, hope that is ok.

If you're ok with it hopefully people can help with translations now.
Brilliant

German version of the flyer attached, thanks to @Elainera .

I've been a bit busy today to try emailing places but I did try this expat club -

International Club of Estepona

- who have kindly agreed to display the flyer. Not much but it's a start.
That is wonderful done,both of you!
I/we could make one in Dutch as well. There were (according to the reviews of that hotel) many Dutch staying there...as well!

Imo,if you go on holiday,you are very aware of your surroundings & people who stay (att) there ,and let's face it,both men are by psychical appearance are not,easily to forget,when you saw them.

I do have a FB account,wich I hardly use..these days,but also have some true trusted friends there,who immigrated from The Netherlands to Spain,soI could ask them to spread the word,if that's okay...?

Anything to get some answers....loosing track of family,like that is not OK!

That is wonderful done,both of you!
I/we could make one in Dutch as well. There were (according to the reviews of that hotel) many Dutch staying there...as well!

Imo,if you go on holiday,you are very aware of your surroundings & people who stay (att) there ,and let's face it,both men are by psychical appearance are not,easily to forget,when you saw them.

I do have a FB account,wich I hardly use..these days,but also have some true trusted friends there,who immigrated from The Netherlands to Spain,soI could ask them to spread the word,if that's okay...?

Anything to get some answers....loosing track of family,like that is not OK!
A Dutch translation would be good if it's not too much trouble.

@Laurynpoole is actively trying to get the word out on fb, so I'm sure it would be ok to inform your friends in Spain. I'm sure she'll let us know if we're overstepping the mark.

Hi,

Just popping in for first time on this thread. Apparently its common for these two to go away together. Do we know what they usually do on holiday? Where they typical go? What things they like to do? What 'locals' they may know? There may be a pattern.

Also does anyone remember a missing case from years ago, possibly the UK, where the missing car was eventually found crashed inside bushes on a roundabout?

I'm kind of at a loss here because I know nothing about Spain. Does Spain have FB community pages and community groups like they have here in the US? Those pages/groups would be a good place to share the flyer. Also local news pages in Spain.

If I were you I would put a post up on British Expats Spain forum page. I would do the same on Trip Advisor Malaga (or whereever is more applicable) forum page too. Bump it to the top every day with a fresh post if no-one else replies.

Hi,

Just popping in for first time on this thread. Apparently its common for these two to go away together. Do we know what they usually do on holiday? Where they typical go? What things they like to do? What 'locals' they may know? There may be a pattern.

Also does anyone remember a missing case from years ago, possibly the UK, where the missing car was eventually found crashed inside bushes on a roundabout?
This one?
Missing dead driver had been drinking
Dead driver Darren Stephenson-Bennett found in roundabout bushes had been drinking
10 January 2017

This thread is set up here on WS to help and try out to find out what is happened.The great thing about WS is that members come from all around the world, trying to piece the puzzle.

And I hope non family, friends take this as an offense, but I am really confused here, who is who (?) and the kind of insight/information given about father and son, their personal lives and decisions they made through their lives is publicly posted/shared here.Not much confirmed, but instead...more troubles are raising about their disappearance.

However, I do have some questions about these new postings here...and hopefully will be answered:
Where would Daniel & Liam go to visit their friends?
It was said in msm that they rented a car for a 6 day route trip, if I am not mistaken.. where do their friends live?
Are these friends active in the search? Do they cooperate with LE?
Was it a Peugeot 308 or a SW/GTI?
There is quite a differnce you know..in these types of cars.
Just trying to stick to the facts and connecting the dots here,seems they both have knowledge and interest in cars.

And Webcams,
Fuengirola – Paseo Webcam – Paseo Marítimo Rey de España
Location: Paseo Marítimo Rey de España, Fuengirola, Spain. Fuengirola is located 28km from Málaga, and 32km from Marbella.
Live Webcam Paseo Fuengirola - stunning views over the promenade.
Fuengirola – Puerto Deportivo – The Puerto Deportivo
Location: The Puerto Deportivo in Fuengirola, Spain. Fuengirola is located 28km from Málaga, and 32km from Marbella.
Live Webcam Puerto Fuengirola - stunning views over the boat marina
Fuengirola – Plaza Webcam – Plaza de la Constitución.Fuengirola is located 28km from Málaga, and 32km from Marbella.
Live Webcam Plaza Fuengirola - stunning views over Plaza Constitucion
Just to be sure,webcams only stream but not record?

I’d like to respond and answer a few things.

Welcome @LouLou96. I'm so sorry you're going through this, it must be frustrating and terrifying at the same time, a range of emotions for you all and you are right to try and dispel rumours as they're not at all helpful. I hope you and Lauryn and other (supportive) members of the family are sticking together and trying to work all this out. we'd like to continue trying to help if we can.

What's your gut instinct on what has happened to Liam and his dad? Do you think they are still in Spain or that there's a possibility they went elsewhere?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back