Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder this too. Unfortunately, I’ve been entertaining the idea that they have no knowledge about any car parked there. I think they’ve accounted for everyone’s car that day (that we’re parked in all of the spaces around the park) and are merely speculating that BG, MAY have parked his car there since it was an abandoned building and a bit farther away. MOO I hope I’m wrong though.
I think so, too. It may be pure speculation on their part, figuring that BG must've been parked somewhere nearby.

I wonder this too. Unfortunately, I’ve been entertaining the idea that they have no knowledge about any car parked there. I think they’ve accounted for everyone’s car that day (that we’re parked in all of the spaces around the park) and are merely speculating that BG, MAY have parked his car there since it was an abandoned building and a bit farther away. MOO I hope I’m wrong though.
They know about the car, no doubt, because in pc they just wanted
info on driver and never asked for info on car. I'm sure they have
all info on car, just can't prove who was driving it that day.

IMO, when Carter said the phrase "between the two" it was somewhat unclear whether he meant that: (1) the actual appearance of BG is likely between the primary sketch and the secondary sketch; or (2) the accuracy of the primary sketch is likely between that of a photograph of BG and that of a mere resemblance of BG. I think he more probably meant (1), but that is just my personal impression.

If there is partial DNA, I pray that neither ego nor cost are getting in the way of LE reaching out to Parabon or someone like Billy Jensen to point them to an amazing lab and genetic genealogy team.

They know about the car, no doubt, because in pc they just wanted
info on driver and never asked for info on car. I'm sure they have
all info on car, just can't prove who was driving it that day.
I hear ya Enelram and understand what your saying but I’m still not convinced. If they had a decent description of the car, in a town that small (since LE seems convinced BG is local and/or works there), then they could have driven to every home and business and found the car. Someone in the town would know who’s car it is/was. MOO

I hear ya Enelram and understand what your saying but I’m still not convinced. If they had a decent description of the car, in a town that small (since LE seems convinced BG is local and/or works there), then they could have driven to every home and business and found the car. Someone in the town would know who’s car it is/was. MOO
One train of thought is that the car MAY be registered to multiple
people, like a parent/son and maybe parent is covering for son.
There is a reason for this suspicion.

If there is partial DNA, I pray that neither ego nor cost are getting in the way of LE reaching out to Parabon or someone like Billy Jensen to point them to an amazing lab and genetic genealogy team.
Partial DNA may be preventing them from doing that.

If that option is available, they have said they will pursue it. We just have to hope it’s an option.

It seems informal, almost friendly way to speak to others...so BG was trying to sound young and informal until he showed his true intentions.
There might be other words between, "Guys...Down the hill."
Maybe it's just me, but the more Carter says, the more I doubt they have anything of great value. Maybe some DNA they can't match to anyone they've considered. I do hope I'm wrong. Two days ago I was still certain they were close and had a suspect in mind. If weeks turn into months, we'll have our answer, won't we?

We've commented on how LE need "tips" to find the killer, that ONE tip, not advice on how to conduct an investigation. I'm just not sure they've gone down this road yet:

Let's play, "What if?" What if the perp died in the meantime? The family never saw any red flags that he could do such a heinous thing, yet his life had spiralled out of control over the last say 4 years before he passed. Even if it crossed their minds, and the new sketch looks like him, would they come forward now and degrade him further in the eyes of family and friends? Could they bring themselves to face it? They should, but would they? What if he was hanging with druggies & creeps, low-life petty criminals? Even if he did tell them something are they likely to go to LE? I suppose they could give an anonymous tip, but seriously, is anything truly anonymous anymore with the technology that exists?

I wonder if LE has received any worthwhile tips since the new sketch was released? And if it comes from an acquaintance of a dead person how does LE proceed to get DNA and SW's based on sketch only tip? Just rambling and MOO.

Carter make a lot of errors speaking, fumbles dates etc. Someone here had posted about Carter speaking at a PC in a previous high profile murder case, looked it up and he was very emotional at that PC too. So he tries to get the raw passion for justice out there and gets stuff wrong.

One train of thought is that the car MAY be registered to multiple
people, like a parent/son and maybe parent is covering for son.
There is a reason for this suspicion.
Understood but if they had it narrowed down to a family, I wouldn’t see the need for the PC. They could have staked out the family members movements, collected DNA from trash (if LE has any usable DNA) etc without ever alerting the family. MOO

I think he meant somewhere between a photograph of suspect and new sketch. I only heard "somewhere between the two."

Sketches work but they are rough. They look like a lot of similar people, not as detailed as a good photo. The Trailside killer was caught by a sketch, an old girlfriend called him in.

In the WISH interview, Carter suggests the perp may be somewhere between the two sketches. About the 3:38 mark. Thoughts?

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Ok, wow I had to listen to that a few times, that was tricky one!

I think he’s talking about “a sketch is not a photograph”, so BG could end up looking like a blend of the those two, meaning the “sketch” and the “photograph”, but wow, good catch nonetheless, if this was the case then my jaw would literally have been on the floor.

I’ve also listened to “Guys, Down the Hill” again and I can finally hear what some of you guys heard immediately, which is the younger element. Maybe my brain wasn’t letting me hear it before, but I hear it in the “guys” now (maybe)...

Last edited:
So jumping off this, (hope it’s not a brainfart, we’ll see where this thought goes), if this is the case, that they know this because he’s been in contact with them, then why say this to the public? The perp would already know this...

-
ETA: Maybe to outwardly call him a coward, let them know who’s running the show here.

Also, again, I don’t believe they really think this guy has any conscience left.
I don't know, I think it's possible for BG to have some level of remorse. Not enough to turn himself in, obviously, but I don't necessarily see him sitting in front of his television watching the PC and laughing, either. JMO

LE chose to speak directly to him at the last PC, and to chastise both religiously and contemptuously. They were patronizing, in a way - "You want to know what we know, and you will." IMO, if he was a narcissist, or sociopath, or any other kind of criminal mindset out of touch with reality, they'd be better off talking about him, like he wasn't in the room. Does that make sense? I'm the first to say that I'm absolutely NO expert on this subject, though...

I guess I feel like it's possible LE saw something at the crime that makes them say maybe he has just a little bit of conscience left. MOO

Watch the new video of BG on the bridge again. When his right leg turns, you’ll note that it’s not a continuous movement. There's a definite break in the frames.

Police Release New Sketch of Suspect in Murders of Libby German and Abby Williams

Now look at the GIF that was posted back in May 2017 on the Image thread (Post 173). The three images posted by LE were used to create this GIF. Once again, you’ll see that the movement stops flowing at exactly the same point.

Found Deceased - IN - IMAGE discussion re Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi

Call me suspicious, but to me it looks like LE aren’t being honest about the new video and that it’s really a GIF.

Imo, LE cut and spliced the video exactly where they wanted to and they put it on a loop. There is apparently something about the LE very short video/GIF, if you like, that someone who knows BG would recognize and, possibly, "understand" imo.

Imo, the short video is not for the general public who wouldn't recognize BG even if they watched him walk all the way across the bridge and back again.
ETA: I'm not suspicious or think LE is being dishonest. They presented the video as is without making any claims about it having no disruptions in flow from start to finish.

Last edited:
Partial DNA may be preventing them from doing that.

If that option is available, they have said they will pursue it. We just have to hope it’s an option.

8. Do you accept cases for which only partial STR profiles are available?

Yes, Parabon can accept cases where the DNA generated a partial STR profile. Partial profiles are typically an indication that there is some sort of impairment to the DNA evidence — e.g., inhibition, mixture, contamination, degradation, etc., and in some of these scenarios Snapshot protocol is nevertheless effective. In addition, partial profiles serve as a warning that we may encounter data loss while genotyping these samples, resulting in lower confidence levels in our final phenotype predictions; the more partial the STR profile (i.e., fewer loci reported) the more risk we associate with the sample. Nevertheless, in some instances, Parabon can accept such cases; customers simply need to understand the risk of possible failure and the trade-off in confidence levels.

Snapshot Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service

8. Do you accept cases for which only partial STR profiles are available?

Yes, Parabon can accept cases where the DNA generated a partial STR profile. Partial profiles are typically an indication that there is some sort of impairment to the DNA evidence — e.g., inhibition, mixture, contamination, degradation, etc., and in some of these scenarios Snapshot protocol is nevertheless effective. In addition, partial profiles serve as a warning that we may encounter data loss while genotyping these samples, resulting in lower confidence levels in our final phenotype predictions; the more partial the STR profile (i.e., fewer loci reported) the more risk we associate with the sample. Nevertheless, in some instances, Parabon can accept such cases; customers simply need to understand the risk of possible failure and the trade-off in confidence levels.

Snapshot Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) - Parabon® Snapshot® DNA Analysis Service
Yeah, I posted this several threads back.

They can do amazing things with partial profiles, but there’s no guarantee.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boymom0304