Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, I think it's possible for BG to have some level of remorse. Not enough to turn himself in, obviously, but I don't necessarily see him sitting in front of his television watching the PC and laughing, either. JMO

LE chose to speak directly to him at the last PC, and to chastise both religiously and contemptuously. They were patronizing, in a way - "You want to know what we know, and you will." IMO, if he was a narcissist, or sociopath, or any other kind of criminal mindset out of touch with reality, they'd be better off talking about him, like he wasn't in the room. Does that make sense? I'm the first to say that I'm absolutely NO expert on this subject, though...

I guess I feel like it's possible LE saw something at the crime that makes them say maybe he has just a little bit of conscience left. MOO

I hear ya, I have even wondered if he left a cross or bible or something!

Maybe something about sins...

Imo, LE cut and spliced the video exactly where they wanted to and they put it on a loop. There is apparently something about the LE very short video/GIF, if you like, that someone who knows BG would recognize and "understand" imo.

Imo, the short video is not for the general public who wouldn't recognize BG even if they watched him walk all the way across the bridge and back again.
Exactly. With Carter's comments about believing somebody knows who the killer is, I think saying this publicly is part of LE's new tactic. Now the whole community is aware that a killer is in their midst, and so is somebody who knows but isn't doing anything about it. That's a lot of pressure.

Funnily enough wasn't DC the guy who couldn't remember if he was talking Sugar Creek or Deer Creek in one of the first PC That always struck me as careless. Then again I may be doing the bloke a disservice and it could have been another Police Officer. It was after all two years ago now I have to go and look for said PC.

KR
MM

I remember that also, but he's not local. He may never have heard of Deer Creek before. moo

ETA: MM corrected their comment. My memory was defective. It wasn't Carter who made that mistake.

Last edited:
I don't know, I think it's possible for BG to have some level of remorse. Not enough to turn himself in, obviously, but I don't necessarily see him sitting in front of his television watching the PC and laughing, either. JMO

LE chose to speak directly to him at the last PC, and to chastise both religiously and contemptuously. They were patronizing, in a way - "You want to know what we know, and you will." IMO, if he was a narcissist, or sociopath, or any other kind of criminal mindset out of touch with reality, they'd be better off talking about him, like he wasn't in the room. Does that make sense? I'm the first to say that I'm absolutely NO expert on this subject, though...

I guess I feel like it's possible LE saw something at the crime that makes them say maybe he has just a little bit of conscience left. MOO

Oh my gosh I just had the craziest thought ever....

Ugh I’m going to have to find the quote from documents I think but the quote comes from ARS himself (Jessica Ridgeway’s killer)...holy cow, I’m shaking...

Iirc, He said he placed the cross on/in Jessica’s remains because he wanted to fool LE into thinking that this was a religious based crime....

(Not saying that’s the case here but wow...)

Last edited:
In my opinion, Superintendent Doug Carter's emotional statements during the recent press conference added to the momentum that ensued.

His emotions had a very strong impact, much more than an officer delivering a strictly factual and "dry" statement.

My feeling while watching it, was that everything that was said and how it was expressed added to the urgency of their goal to find this perpetrator.

If they do believe he has a conscience, it’s likely because the profile says he might.

Something that is frequently seen from killers who have some regret, is the covering of the faces of the deceased.

When a body is found with the face covered, law enforcement can reasonably infer that the killer is close to the victim.

I don’t think that’s the case here, but there could be something in relation to the bodies that indicates some shame or remorse.

Imo, LE cut and spliced the video exactly where they wanted to and they put it on a loop. There is apparently something about the LE very short video/GIF, if you like, that someone who knows BG would recognize and, possibly, "understand" imo.

Imo, the short video is not for the general public who wouldn't recognize BG even if they watched him walk all the way across the bridge and back again.
ETA: I'm not suspicious or think LE is being dishonest. They presented the video as is without making any claims about it having no disruptions in flow from start to finish.

Replying to my own post.... now, if someone could loop that loop that LE released... maybe that would be as close to "normal walking" that could be achieved, considering he's on the bridge. (And a family member might recognize that.) That little step of the right leg crossing over towards the left is probably totally "bridge induced" and has been cut out for good reason.

Or BG called one or both of the girls by name.
jmo
If he did, I think this case would have been solved by now. That would show that there is some sort of a personal connection there.

I think the reason that this case remains unsolved, is that this guy isn’t known to the victims.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam