OH OH - Tyler Davis, 29, Columbus, 24 February 2019 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a google map showing the North Linden area and you can see the Easton area where the hotel is just a couple miles to its northeast. Google Maps I am not sure it will be him, the news report linked above says they found a man "unresponsive" and pronounced him dead. That's not wordage you would use if you found someone that had been likely deceased for almost 3 months.

I agree, probably not Tyler. I posted here because so many people seem to think Tyler's disappearance is suspicious. I'm undecided on that, personally. I found another article that says the man's body was found in a trash bin, which makes me think it was someone who died recently: Columbus police investigating suspicious death on the Northeast Side

MOO.

I"ll start a thread in the UID forum if no one else has yet.

ETA: Thread link: OH - OH - Male Body found in Trash Bin, E 19th Ave, Columbus, May 2019

Last edited:
Shouldn't Tyler have been found by now? It is amazing me (in a horrified/worried/bad way) that there is still no trace of him.

Just to give some perspective, there was a woman who drowned in a pond by my job whose body wasn't found for weeks because it had gone through a drain and floated miles down the drainage ditch until a random homeowner happened to see it. And I'm not in a rural area or anything. People can just get tunnel vision and don't notice anything is amiss around them sometimes. I really think his body will turn up eventually, and it'll just be a case of it being in water somewhere, or in an area where people don't frequent, whether it's a crawlspace or a thicket or wherever.

I live in the Columbus area and I am familiar with the Easton area.

One thing to keep in mind is that it was between 3:30 to 4:30 a.m. on an early Sunday morning when Tyler was last seen in the Easton area.

Now the only place that I know of that is open at that hour on an early Sunday morning at Easton is Steak and Shake. Steak and Shake is a hamburger restaurant that is open 24/7.

A few other 24 hour restaurants in the Columbus area that I know of, Tee Jayes and Waffle House, are located several miles from Easton in other areas of Columbus.

Here is a general overview of the Easton area of Columbus.

Easton is located between two creeks and a reservoir.

Alum Creek is west of Easton, near the intersection of Morse Road and Sunbury Road. Alum Creek is connected to a dam and a reservoir in Delaware County known as Alum Creek Lake.

Big Walnut Creek is east of Interstate 270 (The Outerbelt) near the intersection of Morse Road and Stygler Road. Big Walnut Creek is connected to a dam and reservoir in Franklin County known as Hoover Reservoir. It is also known by locals in the Columbus area as Hoover Dam.

Hoover Reservoir is located several miles north of Easton and it is on Sunbury Road, north of Central College Road.

There’s not much traffic during the early morning hours on Morse Road in the Easton area. But during the daytime hours, traffic is extremely heavy on Morse Road everyday of the week. And during the weekday morning and evening rush hours, traffic in the Easton area is a nightmare.

I want to point out that Morse Road is the only roadway in the Easton area that you can get on if you want to go east of Interstate 270.

If you go eastbound on Morse Road past Interstate 270 before reaching Stygler Road, you will drive by a car dealership, a distribution center, a Columbus water treatment plant, and a Columbus trash collection station.

One of the roads in the Easton area that is of great interest is Easton Way, which goes between Interstate 270 and Sunbury Road.

The hotel that Tyler stayed at, Hilton Columbus at Easton, is located near the intersection of Easton Way and Stelzer Road.

Now if you go eastbound on Easton Way and east of Easton Way and Stelzer Road, it will take you to the Interstate 270 interchange where Easton Way ends.

I don’t think Tyler ever walked along the berm of Interstate 270 from Easton Way. Because if he had, there are traffic cameras at the 270 interchange at Easton Way and also on Interstate 270 as well.

The traffic cameras are monitored 24/7 at the traffic center. Now if Tyler had been seen walking on the berm on Interstate 270 on the traffic cameras, a monitor at the traffic center would have alerted the 911 operations center, and a LE officer would have been dispatched to Interstate 270.

The main entrances to the Easton area are Morse Road, Stelzer Road, and Interstate 270. And there are two back entrances that take you into Easton from Sunbury Road.

Easton Way at Sunbury Road and Chiller Lane at Sunbury Road are the two back entrances that take you into Easton if you wish to avoid all of the extremely heavy traffic on Morse Road.

Not only are there soccer fields and bike paths on Sunbury Road between Easton Way and Chiller Lane, it is also next to Alum Creek.

And I wonder if the west side of Alum Creek running between Morse Road and Sunbury Road and Sunbury Road and Innis Road have been searched.

I recall that about five years ago, human remains were found in shallow graves on the west side of Alum Creek near Innis Park, which is near Sunbury Road and Innis Road.

Now about the gentleman’s club called the Dollhouse where Tyler and his wife, and his friend all went to prior to Tyler’s disappearance.

I checked google and it revealed that the Dollhouse is open every evening at 7:00 p.m. until it closes at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.

The Dollhouse is located in northeast Columbus near the intersection of Karl Road and Karl Court and is one block south of Karl Road and Route 161 (Dublin Granville Road).

The Dollhouse and the hotel is about seven miles and at that time of the night, and about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic.

There are two direct routes that I know of which you can take to get from the Dollhouse to the hotel at Easton.

One direct route is going eastbound on Route 161 from Karl Road, then going southbound on Interstate 270 from Route 161, and then going westbound on Easton Way from Interstate 270.

The other direct route is going southbound on Karl Road, then going eastbound on Morse Road from Karl Road, and then either going southbound on Morse Crossing or Stelzer Road to get to Easton Way to reach the hotel.

Now keep in mind that bars and pubs in the state of Ohio are required to shut down and close at 2:30 a.m. in the morning.

Even though there are several bars and pubs in the Easton area, they have already been closed for the night when Tyler disappeared.

And there are four star restaurants in the Easton area that have their own bars as well, but they close earlier than the bars and pubs in the Easton area.

I will say that the Easton area bars and pubs are considered to be high class bars or pubs rather than your typical neighborhood bars or pubs.

One thing to keep in mind is that it was between 3:30 to 4:30 a.m. on an early Sunday morning when Tyler was last seen in the Easton area.

Now the only place that I know of that is open at that hour on an early Sunday morning at Easton is Steak and Shake. Steak and Shake is a hamburger restaurant that is open 24/7.

A few other 24 hour restaurants in the Columbus area that I know of, Tee Jayes and Waffle House, are located several miles from Easton in other areas of Columbus.

Alum Creek is west of Easton, near the intersection of Morse Road and Sunbury Road. Alum Creek is connected to a dam and a reservoir in Delaware County known as Alum Creek Lake.

Big Walnut Creek is east of Interstate 270 (The Outerbelt) near the intersection of Morse Road and Stygler Road. Big Walnut Creek is connected to a dam and reservoir in Franklin County known as Hoover Reservoir. It is also known by locals in the Columbus area as Hoover Dam.

Hoover Reservoir is located several miles north of Easton and it is on Sunbury Road, north of Central College Road.

There’s not much traffic during the early morning hours on Morse Road in the Easton area. But during the daytime hours, traffic is extremely heavy on Morse Road everyday of the week. And during the weekday morning and evening rush hours, traffic in the Easton area is a nightmare.

I want to point out that Morse Road is the only roadway in the Easton area that you can get on if you want to go east of Interstate 270.

If you go eastbound on Morse Road past Interstate 270 before reaching Stygler Road, you will drive by a car dealership, a distribution center, a Columbus water treatment plant, and a Columbus trash collection station.

One of the roads in the Easton area that is of great interest is Easton Way, which goes between Interstate 270 and Sunbury Road.

The hotel that Tyler stayed at, Hilton Columbus at Easton, is located near the intersection of Easton Way and Stelzer Road.

Now if you go eastbound on Easton Way and east of Easton Way and Stelzer Road, it will take you to the Interstate 270 interchange where Easton Way ends.

I don’t think Tyler ever walked along the berm of Interstate 270 from Easton Way. Because if he had, there are traffic cameras at the 270 interchange at Easton Way and also on Interstate 270 as well.

The traffic cameras are monitored 24/7 at the traffic center. Now if Tyler had been seen walking on the berm on Interstate 270 on the traffic cameras, a monitor at the traffic center would have alerted the 911 operations center, and a LE officer would have been dispatched to Interstate 270.

The main entrances to the Easton area are Morse Road, Stelzer Road, and Interstate 270. And there are two back entrances that take you into Easton from Sunbury Road.

Easton Way at Sunbury Road and Chiller Lane at Sunbury Road are the two back entrances that take you into Easton if you wish to avoid all of the extremely heavy traffic on Morse Road.

Not only are there soccer fields and bike paths on Sunbury Road between Easton Way and Chiller Lane, it is also next to Alum Creek.

And I wonder if the west side of Alum Creek running between Morse Road and Sunbury Road and Sunbury Road and Innis Road have been searched.

I recall that about five years ago, human remains were found in shallow graves on the west side of Alum Creek near Innis Park, which is near Sunbury Road and Innis Road.

Now about the gentleman’s club called the Dollhouse where Tyler and his wife, and his friend all went to prior to Tyler’s disappearance.

I checked google and it revealed that the Dollhouse is open every evening at 7:00 p.m. until it closes at 2:00 a.m. in the morning.

The Dollhouse is located in northeast Columbus near the intersection of Karl Road and Karl Court and is one block south of Karl Road and Route 161 (Dublin Granville Road).

The Dollhouse and the hotel is about seven miles and at that time of the night, and about a 15 minute drive depending on traffic.

There are two direct routes that I know of which you can take to get from the Dollhouse to the hotel at Easton.

One direct route is going eastbound on Route 161 from Karl Road, then going southbound on Interstate 270 from Route 161, and then going westbound on Easton Way from Interstate 270.

The other direct route is going southbound on Karl Road, then going eastbound on Morse Road from Karl Road, and then either going southbound on Morse Crossing or Stelzer Road to get to Easton Way to reach the hotel.

Now keep in mind that bars and pubs in the state of Ohio are required to shut down and close at 2:30 a.m. in the morning.

Even though there are several bars and pubs in the Easton area, they have already been closed for the night when Tyler disappeared.

And there are four star restaurants in the Easton area that have their own bars as well, but they close earlier than the bars and pubs in the Easton area.

I will say that the Easton area bars and pubs are considered to be high class bars or pubs rather than your typical neighborhood bars or pubs.

Ty for this detailed overview of the area. It is very helpful.

I don’t have any facts to contribute, but I do keep coming back to the
trip to the DollHouse. Something about that final destination bothers me.

Do you have to pay to listen to information that might help find a toddlers father? I hope that's not true, cause that would be unethical IMHO.

WHY is not every bit of information about Tyler freely accessible. Why would anyone have to join anything, let alone pay for it. What is it with closed Facebook groups and memberships. For God's sake put it out there.

Lots of strangeness in this case. Radio silence from parents still.

Since there are now reports that his phone was pinging near the Hampton Inn north of the Hilton, do we know if the woods to the southwest of the intersection of Stelzer Rd and Morse Rd were searched? I don't use or like FB, and can't get info from the family's website.

Since there are now reports that his phone was pinging near the Hampton Inn north of the Hilton, do we know if the woods to the southwest of the intersection of Stelzer Rd and Morse Rd were searched? I don't use or like FB, and can't get info from the family's website.

Although nothing official, it's been indicated that LE has searched that area - possibly more than once. I'm not sure how thoroughly though. The We Can Bring You Hope organization has been handling on going searches in the area too.

Here's a google map showing the North Linden area and you can see the Easton area where the hotel is just a couple miles to its northeast. Google Maps I am not sure it will be him, the news report linked above says they found a man "unresponsive" and pronounced him dead. That's not wordage you would use if you found someone that had been likely deceased for almost 3 months.

I agree, probably not Tyler. I posted here because so many people seem to think Tyler's disappearance is suspicious. I'm undecided on that, personally. I found another article that says the man's body was found in a trash bin, which makes me think it was someone who died recently: Columbus police investigating suspicious death on the Northeast Side

MOO.

I"ll start a thread in the UID forum if no one else has yet.

ETA: Thread link: OH - OH - Male Body found in Trash Bin, E 19th Ave, Columbus, May 2019
Body has been identified, and it wasn’t Tyler:
PUBLISHED: 05/14/19 08:55 AM EDT
UPDATED: 05/15/19 11:36 PM EDT
“COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said they are investigating a homicide after a man was found dead in the back of a house in the Linden area.

[SBM]

Detectives said the man died from a gunshot wound, according to the coroner's office.

Police later identified the man as 34-year-old John Mabrey.

This is the 41st homicide in Columbus in 2019” (BBM)

Mr. Mabrey’s obituary:
John Mabrey Obituary (1984 - 2019) | Columbus, Ohio

Rest in Peace.

Lots of strangeness in this case. Radio silence from parents still.
Zero info from his parents. Honestly, with no proof he was even in the area, he's not on a single camera anywhere, and there are lots of cameras in a mall area, I wonder if he ever was there. The whole "take my wife to a romantic location for her birthday then go out drinking with a buddy and hit a strip club with her", just strikes me as "off" especially when the friend refuses to come forward. If Tyler was minutes from the hotel when the phone allegedly went dead, his body would have been found and non-teen men are rarely kidnapped or trafficked. Could something have happened to him before they traveled to Columbus (accident, OD) and this whole thing is a ruse? I hate to say that but there is zero evidence presented by LE, MSM, or HIS family that the events transpired as stated by the wife.

So I was just at the Easton Town Mall and thought I'd share some things I noticed. The overhead view on Google Maps is out of date. There is a huge construction project going on. Much the southwest corner of Stelzer Rd and Morse Rd is under construction, and it goes down to Alston Rd. It's another odd coincidence with the Brian Shaffer case: Did the disappeared man drunkenly go into a construction area and have an accident? Also, the wooded area within the Easton Oval is not a place where his body would be. It's actually a park, with paved trails in it, and benches. It's obviously used quite a bit by the office workers who work nearby. And even though it's thick with trees, you can still see through all the trees to the other side of the oval. Anyway, I just I'd share some things I noticed while I was there. Man, is that place busy on Saturdays.

Zero info from his parents. Honestly, with no proof he was even in the area, he's not on a single camera anywhere, and there are lots of cameras in a mall area, I wonder if he ever was there. The whole "take my wife to a romantic location for her birthday then go out drinking with a buddy and hit a strip club with her", just strikes me as "off" especially when the friend refuses to come forward. If Tyler was minutes from the hotel when the phone allegedly went dead, his body would have been found and non-teen men are rarely kidnapped or trafficked. Could something have happened to him before they traveled to Columbus (accident, OD) and this whole thing is a ruse? I hate to say that but there is zero evidence presented by LE, MSM, or HIS family that the events transpired as stated by the wife.
I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but there are several people LE surely would have interviewed that would back up whether he was there or not. The bouncer at the strip club who Tyler argued with, the Uber driver who was annoyed with Tyler for taking forever to get out of the car, hotel employees, waiters at the bars they went to....If none of these people actually saw Tyler I think we’d know that, right? I do not understand though if he really wasn’t on any camera footage that night. I don’t get that.

I agree with a lot of what you’re saying but there are several people LE surely would have interviewed that would back up whether he was there or not. The bouncer at the strip club who Tyler argued with, the Uber driver who was annoyed with Tyler for taking forever to get out of the car, hotel employees, waiters at the bars they went to....If none of these people actually saw Tyler I think we’d know that, right? I do not understand though if he really wasn’t on any camera footage that night. I don’t get that.

The idea that he was never there is silly. He was there.

So I was just at the Easton Town Mall and thought I'd share some things I noticed. The overhead view on Google Maps is out of date. There is a huge construction project going on. Much the southwest corner of Stelzer Rd and Morse Rd is under construction, and it goes down to Alston Rd. It's another odd coincidence with the Brian Shaffer case: Did the disappeared man drunkenly go into a construction area and have an accident? Also, the wooded area within the Easton Oval is not a place where his body would be. It's actually a park, with paved trails in it, and benches. It's obviously used quite a bit by the office workers who work nearby. And even though it's thick with trees, you can still see through all the trees to the other side of the oval. Anyway, I just I'd share some things I noticed while I was there. Man, is that place busy on Saturdays.

I still think he could’ve fell into an area of construction and even possibly been covered with dirt if the workers had no idea he was there. I think that’s a possibility to keep open. I’ve often thought that’s a high possibility with Brian’s disappearance, too. jmo

1. Since he was an out of towner, it is hard to know what route (on foot) he may have taken. In cities that i didn't know, i probably have taken routes that the locals would have thought was not logical. You get disoriented.
2. At 4:00am the amount of traffic on 270 would have been extremely light, thus allowing someone to cross it. Blendon Woods & Cherry Bottom Woods are nearby.
3. Anything that is "illogical" is a possibility. People do the "illogical" all the time. We can only eliminate physical possibilities.

Last edited:
What do you guys make of TD supposedly arriving at the hotel in the uber and being upset that they weren't where they were supposed to be? Does that just sound like typical drunk confusion?

What do you guys make of TD supposedly arriving at the hotel in the uber and being upset that they weren't where they were supposed to be? Does that just sound like typical drunk confusion?
Since he’s grumpy when he’s drunk and grumpy when he’s woken up, I would say it doesn’t surprise me that he was agitated.. since they only had spent a few hours in the hotel it’s possible in his irritated fog he felt lost. It’s still possible that he was drugged and that confusion was why he wandered off kinda pissed and confused and never came back...

No plea from his parents in the media I see as odd.
I wonder what LE has told them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members