Found Deceased AZ - Sara Jean Galloway, 38, Tucson, Pima County, 21 March 2019 *Down Syndrome*

I find it hard to believe that someone picked her up, myself. How would they have arranged something like that. Sara doesn't know how to operate a phone. Or was it just a cell phone she could not? Anyway, wouldn't mom have known if she had been speaking with someone on the phone?
Anything she had done on the computer she probably would not be able to hide from anyone seeing it. I think Sara took off. When she started seeing police cars she hid. It was pretty cold out at night when she first disappeared. I am very worried! If she is no longer here on earth I just hope that she did not hide so well that she will never be found.
I used to be a Special Education teacher. I love these kids/adults. They have such a great heart!
In day schools that I’ve been familiar with, the students learned daily life skills such as how to call 911 or tap in a phone number on a landline. It is possible this rural location doesn't have great cell service. Many areas like that still use landlines. Perhaps she chose the Phone a Friend option this particular day. It is also possible the neighbors were familiar enough with her and randomly stopped to pick her up. Of course we hope all the people around her house have her best interest at heart. Maybe not tho. Crime of opportunity? Sure hope she sends us a sign so her family can have her home ASAP.

I also have a Chile with Down Syndrome. He is 15 but appears he is higher functioning than this poor lady. I can say he can be very sneaky when he wants to be. However, I would love to see if she is having these behaviors at her day school program. I’m also curious if these delusions are something that has been checked out by a doctor? There may been an underlying condition that could cause these types of behavior changes, I would have had taken mine to a psych doctor for review.

It’s very hard for me to think someone was doing something like grooming her and picking her up. Now her being picked up by a stranger who saw her walking; especially if she told them she was running from the police. Maybe good intentions originally and then things got out of hand.

This is so sad, and I’m pretty happy thinking of the training my son gets daily at his High School in learning transportation, shopping, public behavior and job skills. He is better in a computer than I, and he has his own cell phone which he has been able to call people in his contacts, text and FaceTime. It is so important in today’s society. I’m praying really hard she is found safe and receiving medical help somewhere. My heart breaks for her family.

It almost sounded as though she has dementia. I don't think its typical at her age, but you never know. Yes, I too would be interested in finding out if a doctor checked on this. Also, is there anyone else besides her mom? Dad or siblings? It would be interesting to get a siblings take on her actions and statements.

It almost sounded as though she has dementia. I don't think its typical at her age, but you never know. Yes, I too would be interested in finding out if a doctor checked on this. Also, is there anyone else besides her mom? Dad or siblings? It would be interesting to get a siblings take on her actions and statements.

Yes, her family is quite involved in the missing page for her.
Early onset dementia is a risk with Down syndrome. It sounds like there was definitely something going on. Whether dementia or some other issue, a change in personality like that is worrisome.

Is it true that search and rescue dogs only picked up Sara's scent to end of driveway? They believe someone may have picked her up in a vehicle?
Yes, and, possibly.

IMO Logic would dictate that the scent 'ending' at the driveway, indicates she was transported in some manner.

Could someone have physically picked her up? Or did she step into/onto a vehicle? A car, truck, bicycle, motorcycle? Would said vehicle need to be enclosed to ward off scent release?

I don't know if the dogs need the scent to be touching the ground?

If someone did take this child, I hope they are showing her kindness. Ugh. The odds. I realize that's wishful thinking.

Yes, and, possibly.

IMO Logic would dictate that the scent 'ending' at the driveway, indicates she was transported in some manner.

Could someone have physically picked her up? Or did she step into/onto a vehicle? A car, truck, bicycle, motorcycle? Would said vehicle need to be enclosed to ward off scent release?

I don't know if the dogs need the scent to be touching the ground?

If someone did take this child, I hope they are showing her kindness. Ugh. The odds. I realize that's wishful thinking.

I don't think it's terribly wishful thinking. I think the odds are equal that it's someone who thinks they are in a relationship and someone who knows they are not. I just really really wish we could find her so everyone knew she was okay. It's sickening to think of what her family is going through. She has so much family too!

The more I mull over this case, the more worried I become for this woman. At first I thought perhaps her recent troubles/changes in behavior led to her to doing something she wouldn't normally do, such as run away. But if that were the case (that she had successfully run away and was out there somewhere) wouldn't she have been located by now or have at least had a reported sighting? I was thinking that because she has Down Syndrome (a condition that is well known vs something the general public might not be familiar with) that it would be likely that a kind citizen would have approached her by now, even if they weren't aware of who she was or that she was missing, but no one has.

Is that because so many people with Down Syndrome can be high functioning and can live very independent lives and therefore people feel as though approaching her (to see if she needs help or to see what is going on; if she should be with a caretaker vs alone etc) would be offensive, therefore they are refraining from approaching her?

I do wonder about that as a possibility, especially if she has managed to get far from home. But mostly I worry that she has had some sort of trouble or an accident off on her own, or worse yet, that she wasn't alone when she left.

Did family report any of her belongings being missing which would indicate she had packed a bag of things before she left? When was the last time someone other than her family saw her and what were those circumstances/where was it?

The dogs traced her scent to the end of the driveway. I wonder if she walked along the road, if the scent would dissipate versus walking along the grass on the side of the road. This is a very rural area, how much traffic does that road truly see? How likely is it that someone came along that she didn't know? If you don't live out there, you're not going to be trolling around for a victim. We're not talking about a big metropolis here, it's rural, no sidewalks, no street lights, no close neighbors.

Where are you Sara, send us a sign sweetie.

:(
Still not found! Where on earth could she possibly be?

Missing woman with down syndrome last seen three months ago
Three months have passed since a missing woman with down syndrome was last seen.

Authorities say 38-year-old Sarah Galloway disappeared from her home near Picture Rocks on March 21.

Several law enforcement agencies and more than one hundred volunteers searched for Galloway.

Her mother Sherry said back in April that her daughter was sitting on the front steps of their home and when the mother went to take a shower and got out, her daughter was gone.

After about a week of searching, that active search later came to a close.

“Our detectives took over the case and have followed every lead they possibly could,” said Deputy James Allerton with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department. “At this time it is still a very active and open investigation. However, we have nothing new to report at this time.”

Deputy Allerton said that even though the active search has concluded, deputies will continue to follow up on any tips or leads.

If you see Galloway or know anything about her disappearance, you’re asked to call 88-Crime and you can remain anonymous.

:(
Still not found! Where on earth could she possibly be?

Three months have passed since a missing woman with down syndrome was last seen.

Authorities say 38-year-old Sarah Galloway disappeared from her home near Picture Rocks on March 21.

Several law enforcement agencies and more than one hundred volunteers searched for Galloway.

Her mother Sherry said back in April that her daughter was sitting on the front steps of their home and when the mother went to take a shower and got out, her daughter was gone.

After about a week of searching, that active search later came to a close.

“Our detectives took over the case and have followed every lead they possibly could,” said Deputy James Allerton with the Pima County Sheriff’s Department. “At this time it is still a very active and open investigation. However, we have nothing new to report at this time.”

Deputy Allerton said that even though the active search has concluded, deputies will continue to follow up on any tips or leads.

If you see Galloway or know anything about her disappearance, you’re asked to call 88-Crime and you can remain anonymous.
This breaks my heart. It's hard to believe nobody saw her. :(

The dogs traced her scent to the end of the driveway. I wonder if she walked along the road, if the scent would dissipate versus walking along the grass on the side of the road. This is a very rural area, how much traffic does that road truly see? How likely is it that someone came along that she didn't know? If you don't live out there, you're not going to be trolling around for a victim. We're not talking about a big metropolis here, it's rural, no sidewalks, no street lights, no close neighbors.

Where are you Sara, send us a sign sweetie.

It does not sound as though she was very high functioning. At least from what I read early on. So, for her to set up a secretive meeting just does not make much sense for me. I feel she would give herself away prior to or she would not have been able to coordinate it in the first place.
Depending where you are, there can be a lot of traffic in Tucson. But, for some predator to just happen upon her at that moment? That doesn't make much sense, either. I have to look at that map again where she lives and where it is in Tucson.

The Picture Rocks area is remote, with a large, dispersed neighborhood of mobile homes and manufactured homes (for the most part) that sit on large lots of an acre or more. Many of the streets are dirt. It is an easy area to get lost in if on foot, IMHO, having driven around up there--especially as she lived on the outskirts of PR but it would take awhile to get very far. LE would have horseback and could cover a lot of ground, so it seems very like they could catch up to her. It sounds like the search began pretty quick...and the missing woman doesn't seem capable of making that much distance in just a few hours. Also she was described as "super-friendly" so maybe she managed to get a ride?

Command Center for Sara Galloway Facebook page has a new post 6/29/2019. It includes some links at the end.

UPDATED FLYER FOR SARAH <3
STILL MISSING
***** SILVER ALERT *****
SARAH JEAN GALLOWAY
VULNERABLE ADULT:
DOWN SYNDROME
MISSING SINCE: 3-21-2019
HAIR: BROWN
EYES: BROWN
HEIGHT: 4/11
WEIGHT: 100

CLOTHES: RED SHORT SLEEVED SHIRT, GREY BUTTON UP SWEATER, BLACK POLYESTER PANTS & RAINBOW UNICORN TENNIS SHOES.

CIRCUMSTANCES:
SARAH WAS LAST SEEN AROUND 7:30 THE MORNING OF 3-21-19 IN THE YARD OF HER HOME.
IT IS SUSPECTED THAT SARAH MAY HAVE WONDERED OFF AND SHE IS NOT AWARE OF HER SURROUNDINGS WHICH MAKES IT EASY FOR HER TO GET LOST.
SHE HAS VERY LITTLE INTERPERSONAL SKILLS SO SHE MAY NOT ASK FOR HELP. SHE HAS NO ID, PHONE OR MONEY.
SARAH RECENTLY HAS BEEN SUFFERING FROM DELUSIONS OF BEING WANTED BY THE POLICE TO ROMANTIC RELATIONSHIPS WITH MEN.

EVERYONE ARE BEING ASKED TO PLEASE CHECK YOUR HOMES, ALL SHEDS, OUT BUILDINGS, CARS, TRAVAIL TRAILERS, YOUR ABANDONED PROPERTY AS WELL ANY & EVERYWHERE YOU CAN.
IF ANYONE HAS CAMERAS ON THEIR PROPERTY PLEASE VIEW THEM FOR ANY SIGN OF SARAH.

ANYONE WITH ANY INFORMATION PLEASE CALL PIMA COUNTRY SHERIFFS AT:
ANONYMOUS TIP LINE:
AT: 88-CRIME (520-882-7463)
CASE # 19-0321082
OR 911

THERE ARE ALSO THESE NUMBERS:
520-351-4900
520-351-4600

6-24-2019 NEWS RELEASE 3 MONTHS MISSING:

LINK TO THE GROUP:
FINDING SARAH GALLOWAY <3
PLEASE JOIN AND HELP US BRING SARAH HOME.

4-21-2019 NEWS LINK TO AN INTERVIEW WITH SARAH'S MOTHER & ONE OF HER SISTERS A MONTH TO THE DAY OF HER DISAPPEARANCE:
‘Just bring her home safe:’ Family, community members hopeful missing Picture Rocks woman will return home

4-4-2019 NEWS INTERVIEW WITH SARAH'S MOTHER:

4-1-2019 NEWS LINK TO AN INTERVIEW WITH SARAH'S MOTHER:

3-27-2019 NEWS LINK TO AN INTERVIEW WITH SARAH'S SISTER:
BRING SARAH HOME! Family concerned as Avra Valley woman now missing for six days

3-24-2019 NEWS LINK TO THE SEARCH EFFORTS FOR SARAH:
“We are desperately looking for her.”: Search continues for missing woman

PLEASE SHARE PUBLIC SO MORE CAN SEE AND MORE WILL SHARE.
THANK YOU.

PRAYERS FOR SARAH'S SAFE RETURN <3

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
soababiotiling