Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
As am I. In the Heidi Childs/David Metzler case, LE came out right away with a list of about 10-12 vehicles seen on the rural gravel road that evening. 3 years later when they gave an update I believe they had narrowed the list somewhat. After that when LE gave an update little to no mention was made of LE looking for vehicles or a description.

Now LE here mentions the vehicle on the 22 of April. And I'm not hearing much about it since.
I'm sure somebody (maybe MistyWaters?) posted a recent description of tip information and it no longer mentions anything about a vehicle. I cannot seem to find an updated description anywhere. If it's no longer information LE is interested in, I'm wondering if the vehicle has since been accounted for and is not linked to the crime.

BG may have seen the girls dropped off by KG at the back entrance but I doubt he entered the park by way of either entrance. He didn't need to enter the park by the formal or back entrance so why would he? I don't think he would. It would be better for him not to.

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man.

https://www.wthr.com/article/police...of-man-behind-them-in-audio-played-for-family

I believe the girls saw him while they were on the trail leading to the bridge and they found him creepy for some reason. If he followed them from some distance behind and waited until they had made good progress across the bridge, he would have been able to check and see if anyone else was behind him. Gray Hughes was able to establish with precision that Libby was actually just off the bridge when she took Abby's photo and the distance BG was behind her. It was just after that IIRC that BG turned slightly to his left and started increasing his speed.

I'm sure somebody (maybe MistyWaters?) posted a recent description of tip information and it no longer mentions anything about a vehicle. I cannot seem to find an updated description anywhere. If it's no longer information LE is interested in, I'm wondering if the vehicle has since been accounted for and is not linked to the crime.
I've wondered if the request for info about the car was not so much because they didn't know who's it was, but was a message to the killer that they knew he parked there that day. They were trying to get him to slip up and act noticeably different that someone with a slight suspicion would now have enough suspicion to come to LE with info.

Maybe I am overly hopeful, but I feel that LE has a very short list of suspects but just need someone to give them the info they need to make sure they can arrest him AND get a conviction. OR get him to do the right thing and turn himself in.
-just my opinion, ever hopeful...

OR...what if this vehicle NEVER existed in that spot? LE made it up. To mess with this guy's head. If this killer never parked there he would have wonder if LE still has ANOTHER witness unaccounted for and could this witness provide more to LE.

He would love to know what LE knows. But all he has to do is go in and ask them. :)

I am taking LE’s instructions to the public literally. If they say they are looking for a car, I take that as fact. Same with the info on the Coward Suspect, even though it changed. From my perspective that is demonstrated refinement in their data science and targeting. They are getting close.

It will be interesting to see if the capture of this Coward ties to other cases. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Yes, it sure seems LE is no longer interested in the vehicle. One PC emphasis, a next day clarification on which was abandoned, then nothing more -

“Indiana State Police ask anyone who has any information about Libby and Abby's murders or who recognizes the man in the image, video, audio or sketch to reach out.

Remember the following things when submitting a tip:
  • Be specific as possible to a description
  • Name and age if possible
  • A connection to Delphi and that person’s location or address at this time
  • Leaving information on how we can contact you for possible clarification of your tip is helpful but not required
Tips can remain anonymous.
ISP: We're 'one tip away' from solving Delphi murders

I am taking LE’s instructions to the public literally. If they say they are looking for a car, I take that as fact. Same with the info on the Coward Suspect, even though it changed. From my perspective that is demonstrated refinement in their data science and targeting. They are getting close.

It will be interesting to see if the capture of this Coward ties to other cases. It wouldn’t surprise me.

Amateur opinion and speculation
And really I do too. BUT I have that luxury. I don't really have to give it much thought as to whether it is real or not. I'm not sitting at home wondering who is knocking on my door - LE or someone else. I can walk out to my car in the morning and not look around for any unfamiliar vehicles parked nearby. I can go to bed at night and not worry that my front door is going to get kicked in during the wee hours of the morning by a bunch of folks with badges and an arrest warrant.

agree but without gps maybe can't track location.
I keep going back to Carter's mention of "You wanted to know what we know". I wonder if perp inadvertantly sought info regarding
the investigation and on second thought, the detectives are now
taking a second look at this nosey local employee.
Is that the actual wording, "wanted"as opposed to "want?" Because that statement means two completely different things to me depending on which word was used.

State police say more audio from Libby German's cell phone was played for the victims' families, including a mention of a man they noticed behind them.

Police say the girls mostly talk about "stuff girls talk about" in the recording, but they also mention the man.

Police: Delphi murder victims spoke of man behind them in audio played for family

I believe the girls saw him while they were on the trail leading to the bridge and they found him creepy for some reason. If he followed them from some distance behind and waited until they had made good progress across the bridge, he would have been able to check and see if anyone else was behind him. Gray Hughes was able to establish with precision that Libby was actually just off the bridge when she took Abby's photo and the distance BG was behind her. It was just after that IIRC that BG turned slightly to his left and started increasing his speed.
I'm confused. Why at all would the girls record their own conversation (stuff girls talk about)? Why should BG have accelerated, if the girls anyway were cornered at the end of bridge? - Daily new questions to myself .....
Another mystery to me: What hair color does the YBG have: dark or not? Reddish-brown as known for the last 2 years (OBG) or another color? Important to know, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
OR...what if this vehicle NEVER existed in that spot? LE made it up. To mess with this guy's head. If this killer never parked there he would have wonder if LE still has ANOTHER witness unaccounted for and could this witness provide more to LE.

He would love to know what LE knows. But all he has to do is go in and ask them. :)
The whole vehicle mention was strange. Carter spoke about it first, quickly, and with virtually no details. I think it existed, but I'm beginning to wonder if it wasn't related.

I think it's possible to scream and run at the same time, but I think that the image of the young woman tearing through the forest and yelling at the top of her lungs is probably more Hollywood than reality inspired. In real life things happen like you freezing, running out of breath, confusion, or just flat out not being able to bring forth the sound that you want. Have you ever tried screaming in your dreams? Like when you're trying so hard to yell as loudly as you can but the only thing coming out is a little yelp that's barely above a whisper? I think that sometimes happens in real life, too. The one time I saw someone running in terror she wasn't screaming, per se, just kind of panting really hard and gasping, "Oh my god, oh my god," as she ran.
We have a driveway alarm. When it went off in the middle of the night I walked out on my high deck to see what was there. A grizzly bear came out from underneath me then three more huge cubs came around the corner of the house. I didn’t scream or move. All I said was Oh my God! Luckily for me they all ran because I sure didn’t react quickly. We just don’t see bears where I live. I think the girls were probably in shock when this man attacked them because you just don’t expect that to happen.

agree but without gps maybe can't track location.
I keep going back to Carter's mention of "You wanted to know what we know". I wonder if perp inadvertantly sought info regarding
the investigation and on second thought, the detectives are now
taking a second look at this nosey local employee.

In the WISH interview Carter says something about ideas they had at the very beginning. Perhaps the original investigation was going in the right direction and then went in another direction because one witness seemed more reliable in those early days.

If they’re rethinking this and go back to the first days, it would make sense that they already have interviewed the killer. 2 years ago.

I'm confused. Why at all would the girls record their own conversation (stuff girls talk about)? Why should BG have accelerated, if the girls anyway were cornered at the end of bridge? - Daily new questions to myself .....
Another mystery to me: What hair color does the YBG have: dark or not? Reddish-brown as known for the last 2 years (OBG) or another color? Important to know, IMO.
BBM
The girls were known to record themselves when they were together. I believe it was Libby that posted videos to her Instagram of her & Abby singing along to the radio.
MOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member