Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #102

Status
Not open for further replies.
Below, is Sgt Riley suggesting somebody recently provided information about the car? Otherwise I’m scratching my head over why he’d be acting nonchalant over a prior “important tip” if it was information on the murderer they were looking for.

BBM

May 7, 2019
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Speech to Text for ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.
“.....news 18 spoke to state police sergeant kim riley about the changes over the last two weeks...........
.......we're still loking for the car that was parked in the lot. if somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible. > the importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local.riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. remember, that car would have been seen between noon and 5 on february 13, 2017, at the old d- c- s parking lot marked on this map.police are asking anyone who saw áany cars there that day, to call and give them a description. 3 because they believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, news 18 also asked riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.he answered quote: "somebody may have already interviewed him. i'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened ... the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received."again, here is that tip line information if you have anything police ought to know about.the preferred method, the email, is abby and libby tip at c- a- c- o- s- h- r- f- dot- com.you can also call investigators at 844-...”

Last edited:
Can one make a false profile on SC? Most likely.

Absolutely but in today’s digital world it’s very unlikely that LE wouldn’t be able to uncover who was using said fake profile.

It can be done through vpn etc. but said individual would need to be extremely tech savvy imo

Even secure vpn tunnels are not completely anonymous to investigators abilities

So, regarding the audio and video I see three possibilities:
1. Abby and Libby are also recording themselves and not just taking photos as they walk on the trails, chatting and mention the strange man. Then they see him again on the bridge and take a video as he approaches. Then the phone is hidden and keeps recording other things, "down the hill," etc.
2. Abby and Libby are taking photos when they see BG approaching. They chat a bit and then mention him as he gets closer. In this potential scenario there is audio along with the video that LE have shared. Then the audio keeps recording.
3. Abby and Libby are taking photos and see BG and video him. Then they continue walking on in order to take further photos of themselves, chatting and recording themselves as they go. (With SnapChat are the photos lost, and the recordings remain?) Then they see BG following them and mention that.
I'm just trying to think of all possibilities, especially since LE said the recreations have errors. MOO

I'm still leaning towards those initial statements, "One of two things happened," Bursten said. "That was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely but it's possible. Or, that person knew they were going to be there. That's possible as well. Those are things we're looking into."

UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

I believe that was indeed very much their thinking early on jmo

I believe at the time they thought this was going to be solved very quickly

Last edited:
Good question. Mutual SM friends? I'm 41. I'm not really sure how SC works.
The way I understand it, and I may be wrong, is, they told the Grandmother they wanted to go, she said ask your Dad to make sure they had a ride home and then her sister gave them a ride there.
Libby didn't wait to ask her dad til they were on their way there, which makes me think that they left very soon after deciding to go?
It was about a ten minute ride, if I am not mistaken. Not much time for the perp to get there, if by some chance he knew they were going. JMO.

If they are now realizing they were "onto something early on", then does that mean perhaps a few people cleared in the early days are once again under suspicion? They served warrants at properties but only a couple were highly visible in the media.

I wonder what made them change focus and go in an entirely different direction at some point during the investigation and then circle back to the sketch made very shortly after the murders? What, and who, steered the direction the wrong way? There are at least 3 LE agencies involved, plus I believe they added one other agency along the way (GBI?).
IMO, I'm thinking LE possibly found the man represented in the early BG sketch, sent his DNA out and it wasn't him. Now they go back and look at the singular witness info which possibly favored a known local with an alibi. That new sketch was from early on also.

Maybe it was discounted because of alibi and local LE just feeling it-can't-be-him for other reasons, I don't know. LE goes with the composite sketch from numerous witness's descriptions instead. That type of thing would fit with that PC's atmosphere and language. We were looking outward, not anymore.

Any chance they recently received a Parabon sketch and because it closely resembled the artist sketch created days after the murders that they decided to release the artist sketch to protect the fact that they have DNA evidence?

Carter saying BG could look, "Somewhere between the two sketches" could also support your theory, imo. When the "younger" sketch was released, I thought the two face sketches shared some similarities... I still think so... and some other members did, too.

Many people are under the impression that when they make a fake social media profile that they are completely anonymous....

This could not be further from the truth, people fail to realize just how much information can actually be traced back to them

Jmo

Last edited:
I'm still leaning towards those initial statements, "One of two things happened," Bursten said. "That was a chance encounter. That's possible. Don't think it's likely but it's possible. Or, that person knew they were going to be there. That's possible as well. Those are things we're looking into."

UPDATE: Delphi teen records audio before murders

This is potential dynamite. Because if the decision to go was made half an hour before being dropped off, any person that would know this, in my opinion, would need to have been in contact with one of the girls or the family organising the transport.

That is very different from looking outwards.

This is potential dynamite. Because if the decision to go was made half an hour before being dropped off, any person that would know this, in my opinion, would need to have been in contact with one of the girls or the family organising the transport.

That is very different from looking outwards.
I'm not sure how long after the girls were discovered that LE made that statement, but IMO if someone was contacted via phone, letting him know the girls would be there, I would think that electronic footprint would have been investigated by now.

Carter saying BG could look, "Somewhere between the two sketches" could also support your theory, imo. When the "younger" sketch was released, I thought the two face sketches shared some similarities... I still think so... and some other members did, too.

I don't think Carter meant 'somewhere between the two sketches' I think he meant somewhere between the sketch and a photograph (or the video image on the bridge). He was trying to get the public to understand that the sketch is a good depiction of BG but not a 100% match like a photograph would be.

I'm not sure how long after the girls were discovered that LE made that statement, but IMO if someone was contacted via phone, letting him know the girls would be there, I would think that electronic footprint would have been investigated by now.

Article Posted: Wed 6:47 PM, Feb 22, 2017

Below, is Sgt Riley suggesting somebody recently provided information about the car? Otherwise I’m scratching my head over why he’d be acting nonchalant over a prior “important tip” if it was information on the murderer they were looking for.

BBM

May 7, 2019
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Speech to Text for ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'
Below is the closed-captioning text associated with this video. Since this uses automated speech to text spelling and grammar may not be accurate.
“.....news 18 spoke to state police sergeant kim riley about the changes over the last two weeks...........
.......we're still loking for the car that was parked in the lot. if somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible. > the importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local.riley says he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area. remember, that car would have been seen between noon and 5 on february 13, 2017, at the old d- c- s parking lot marked on this map.police are asking anyone who saw áany cars there that day, to call and give them a description. 3 because they believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, news 18 also asked riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.he answered quote: "somebody may have already interviewed him. i'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened ... the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for... we have to trto go back and check on the information that we have received."again, here is that tip line information if you have anything police ought to know about.the preferred method, the email, is abby and libby tip at c- a- c- o- s- h- r- f- dot- com.you can also call investigators at 844-...”
Well, I guess the way that reads to me is that LE thinks the car IS linked to BG. They want people who saw a car parked there that day to call in with the description. I'm interested to know how LE even knows about a car to begin with. Witness statements, cam footage? I think they have the color, make, etc., and only want help from those tipsters who can match that information. Otherwise, why such a vague reference? It's all very curious.

I can't read back 100 threads to find the original reference, but the poster that I replied to mentioned it in response to another poster. I'm not sure of the exact statement so paraphrasing. At one point LE stated that there is also just regular girl talk and a mention of BG on the audio. There may well be additional stuff as well, so I may have worded it poorly. MOO
Ohhh ok, I see. Thanks Blue.

I have lurked on a few cases here and finally opened an account to respond to the sketch question, which has been on my mind.

There doesn’t have to be a complicated reason for LE not putting out the sketch at the beginning of the case. What if the new (old) sketch was originally dismissed because the “something that needed to be reported” just did not seem like it could be related to this crime? It has never been stated when or where this took place. Maybe it was across town or 15 miles away at 3:30 p.m.? MOO Now new or unearthed information indicates that BG did in fact “get around quickly” after the murders so the two could be linked after all.

I wonder what type of “something that needs to be reported” resulted in it being enough to have a sit down with a sketch artist. The only one we know of that was done very early on. Erratic behavior? Burning something or rummaging through a dumpster? Coming out of a bathroom with cuts and scrapes?

MOO The timing and location of the incident and the lack of other sightings of a younger looking guy near the trail could have caused the sketch to be shelved.

This is an exceptional idea. This thought can be taken in other directions as well and provide a lot of food for thought.

I can't read back 100 threads to find the original reference, but the poster that I replied to mentioned it in response to another poster. I'm not sure of the exact statement so paraphrasing. At one point LE stated that there is also just regular girl talk and a mention of BG on the audio. There may well be additional stuff as well, so I may have worded it poorly. MOO
If the girls truly were captured on audio as saying something about some guy behind them, than in my mind that wipes out all theories that he was friend, family, or otherwise known to them. JMO

Announcement - After 2+ years of sleuthing this case I now have 10 live males, 1 dead male, 1 jailed male, and one live lesbian on my suspects list. I hope and am sure that they are all probably innocent...... If this case remains unsolved much longer, I will donate my suspects list for the 2020 Delphi, Indiana area, US Census Bureaus use...... Someone solve this case, please !......Harmony, You got any donuts left ?...Hint,hint, hint......?.......moo

but did you make 13 submissions to the tip line?!?

I mean otherwise all your hard work and due diligence was all for not lol :p

If the girls truly were captured on audio as saying something about some guy behind them, than in my mind that wipes out all theories that he was friend, family, or otherwise known to them. JMO

Oh, I agree. But if I am in the grocery store and say to the deli assistant , I have to hurry, I still need to pick up bread and milk before I head out to pick up the kids from horse riding I wouldn’t know who was also in line and could overhear me.

All speculation, but IMO, this was a random, impulsive act.
The suspect may have carried a gun for the simple fact he was out in the woods alone, and carried it for his own personal protection.
The crime of opportunity arose when he saw the girls on the bridge.
Not thinking this trough, he kidnapped them, then realized he may have been seen walking past the house on that side of the river.
He didn't want to walk back across the bridge because someone could have intercepted them from the other direction.
So he decided to cross the river, but after he did that, he realized he was boxed in due to the road, and open corn fields.
With no way to flee, he decided to kill them, because he has kidnapped them, and wanted to rid the evidence. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member