Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait.

BB isn't sure if DV was abusing Maleah now?

What about everything QX said? Are we supposed to believe he discovered all of that thru his "investigation" and none of that came from BB's lips? Now she wasn't upset how he was "whooping" her and she doesn't think he was molesting Maleah?

Seriously...you can't backpeddle from that. There's no reigning in claims of physical and sexual abuse. You don't get to just change your mind.

Maleah Davis' Classmates and Teacher Struggle With Her Disappearance as Search for Missing Girl Continues

With each passing day that Maleah Davis remains missing, the adults who know the little girl well struggle to explain to her young friends what could have happened to lead to her disappearance.

They ask me, ‘Do you think Maleah is going to come back?’ And I don’t know how to answer that,” Carolyn Emerson said to KPRC-TV of Maleah’s classmates at Attitude Respect N’ Manners school in Houston.

Emerson herself has struggled to process what could have led to the 4-year-old’s vanishing, let alone be able to break it down in a way that’s digestible for other children.

“It hurt me so hard, so bad. At home, I couldn’t sleep, and it’s still like that,” Emerson said. “I just want them to find her.”
Continued at link

BBM & UBM

I'm pissed off that the little ones at Maleah's daycare are even aware that she's missing.

Why aren't these children being shielded from the news? Little kids don't need to know that Maleah is missing and most likely deceased. Goodness gracious. Can anyone protect the little ones?

Tim Miller has told us what he thinks of this case
. LE has given us information through the arrest document. Video has given us limited timelines. I think we're stuck with very few facts until more information is released, Maleah's body is found, or one of those two tell the truth.
I agree with Tim....what he has openly said and probably what's going through his mind too!!

Last edited:
BBM & UBM

I'm pissed off that the little ones at Maleah's daycare are even aware that she's missing.

Why aren't these children being shielded from the news? Little kids don't need to know that Maleah is missing and most likely deceased. Goodness gracious. Can anyone protect the little ones?

They may not have told them that she was missing. My daughter is 3.5 and will ask about students that aren't there a few days or teachers that leave and ask me if they're coming back. In fact she gets very focused on it sometimes and asks lots of questions. Kids are inquisitive and a lot more observant than sometimes we realize. Imo

Wait.

BB isn't sure if DV was abusing Maleah now?

What about everything QX said? Are we supposed to believe he discovered all of that thru his "investigation" and none of that came from BB's lips? Now she wasn't upset how he was "whooping" her and she doesn't think he was molesting Maleah?

Seriously...you can't backpeddle from that. There's no reigning in claims of physical and sexual abuse. You don't get to just change your mind.
I think she is being vague about the potential abuse because she is aware that people are judging her based on what she herself has described as neglect on her part.
She also denied certain symptoms that Maleah had in the ER which indicates that she may be covering for abuse on DV's part.
He warned her not to take Maleah to the ER, saying , I won't go down for this, or whatever he said, so it seems that she may still be covering for him in order to explain her own neglect. Imo

BBM & UBM

Noticed at some point that one of the announcement about a park search or vigil or prayer session or something (can't remember because there were so many last week), specifically said No Children. Which struck me as pretty sad - why would people not already know that, sheesh. There were clearly plenty of children dropping off teddy bears and such at the apartment stuffed animal pile too. IMO it is one thing if a child's close friend or classmate has something horrible happen to them and all the kids involved are old enough to listen to the news, read information, etc. Those hypothetical kids are probably better off being told some information to help them grieve/relieve their fears. Obviously Maleah's brothers will need to know about and talk about Maleah. But little random preschoolers at day care? They don't need to know any details other than having their true feelings of missing Maleah validated (not being spoon-fed feelings by their caregivers, gross).

It is possible but wouldn’t BB’s reaction, when she returned home from her trip, been completely different? She would have contacted police immediately, she would have been looking for her daughter....it just seems that she wasn’t really concerned (bc she knew she was ‘gone’...moo). IMO
I would think so... I just wanted to see if I could put the puzzle together using some facts and her story. It is hard for me to shake my bias against BB because I dont like her and think she is a bad parent, so a lot of my previous theories implicated her in some way possibly because of that... Every time I would try to figure it out I KNEW she had to be involved because there were too many questions on her statements and actions. I started filling in those answers with "because she is a bad parent" and that answer fits most questions while still being able to argue the case that while neither is innocent, she can still not be guilty. I'm not sure it is the theory I subscribe to but wanted to make an effort to play devils advocate. I appreciate you guys taking the time to consider it even if you disagree with it. I feel like LE has a good amount of info we don't which is good (but not always the case), and we are just waiting, theorizing and praying Maleah is found until then.

BBM & UBM

I totally agree. The world is scary enough!

Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused

Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused via @crimeonlinenews

Bowens’ remarks are in stark contrast to what she reportedly told her spokesperson, community activist Quanell X, last week.

According to Quanell, Bowens previously said she was upset at the way Vence physically punished and “whipped” Maleah while she was sick. The alleged abuse was so bad at one point that Bowens wanted to take the little girl to the hospital. Quanell, speaking on behalf of Bowens, claimed the woman changed her mind when Vence allegedly threatened her.
La di da.....keep on talking. There goes the theory that DV was the abuser. Wonder if QX feels like a fool today.....
If she thought the initial abuse claim was painful, wait for the public pain of walking back a claim.....

Last edited:
I swore I would not follow another case like this but here I am. I have read along but not commented. There is not much I can add for any new opinion that has not already been stated to the exceptional posts and most people's thoughts.

I just want to show my support for this unfortunate child and my outrage for Maleah.

I also agree his "story" was ludicrous. Others have exceptionally pulled every piece of it apart and remarked on that and I agree entirely. I had pretty much identical thoughts and snide remarks I could have made about his three Hispanics "story" since the start (I am sure by the way Hispanics just love him for that--NOT). It is an absolutely fantastic "tale" that makes no sense. Is this man a drug addict or just, like in some other recent cases with other perps, think the more ridiculous the details and the more of them the more believable?? Does he, as well as perps in other cases with crazy stories, really think these are believable scenarios that LE and the public will buy into?? If so, well then, I will not be rude and comment on the estimation of the intelligence there. In the very unlikely chance it is true, he has my apologies :rolleyes:

I gave her the benefit of the doubt at the beginning and I still reserve some but at minimum it is pretty clear that she at least enabled and covered for him and at maximum had involvement herself whether in this incident and/or in prior ones.

I also agree with most posters that her interviews are not helping her one bit and are doing the opposite, as his "story" did for him. The emphasis seems to be entirely on defending herself and not on the loss of her daughter and where she is, what happened to her and finding her child, Maleah!

And then there are possibly others who are covering, for instance, clearly there is the driver of the car who took him to the hospital and very likely knew or did even more. I would come forward if I were that person. If they are innocent and had no knowledge, they would be rushing to do so one would think (maybe they have, we may not know). If it was her, a friend or a relative of his, etc., I would still be doing so or do not complain when you are considered part of it or at minimum, an accessory or to have abetted or whatever the charge may be. Obstruction of justice? There are probably a few that would fit and you will also be judged for hindering the chance of this child being found, getting information, answers etc.

There really is not much more to say other than this child was an undeserved innocent and take a bit of unsolicited advice, mother of child, that is why no one wants to hear you proclaiming your innocence, your focus should be on the true innocent, your daughter, and on finding her. Your first interview with your activist said you need to be telling all that you had not provided and I sure hope you have, be honest and let the chips fall where they may. LE should have been your first stop, not the media.

I won't hold my breath with regard to anyone taking true accountability. I would say to him, do the right thing and tell where she is but I do not think we will see him do that, he is not man enough to do the right thing and take his consequences.

Going back to just reading on this one. Just wanted to say I am praying for this child and that she be found and simply wanted to add my support for her and state my agreement with the other outraged, caring posters here.

All jmo.

Imo they both are suffering from brain damage.

BBM & UBM

They know she is at least "missing" from school because she has not been there in over two weeks.
There really is no shielding them since all it takes is one parent to tell their child what is going on and all the rest of the kids will know. Imo

Last edited:
Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused

Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused Maleah Davis: Mom of missing girl speaks out, says she’s ‘unsure’ if Maleah was being abused via @crimeonlinenews

Bowens’ remarks are in stark contrast to what she reportedly told her spokesperson, community activist Quanell X, last week.

According to Quanell, Bowens previously said she was upset at the way Vence physically punished and “whipped” Maleah while she was sick. The alleged abuse was so bad at one point that Bowens wanted to take the little girl to the hospital. Quanell, speaking on behalf of Bowens, claimed the woman changed her mind when Vence allegedly threatened her.
Man she makes it hard to try to get on her side... Sheesh

I doubt that. It's very unlikely that this guy would go to the extreme lengths that he did, cleaning up blood from the apartment, removing the body and disposing of it, possibly burning it, inventing a ridiculous story to cover it up if he himself was not responsible for the murder. Imo
I agree it would be strange but stranger things have happened. I keep replaying his sister's words in my head and wondering what is the actual truth here. This has definitely been one of the more mysterious cases we've seen here.

I agree it would be strange but stranger things have happened. I keep replaying his sister's words in my head and wondering what is the actual truth here. This has definitely been one of the more mysterious cases we've seen here.
the thing is, they have one interest in keeping each other out of jail. The child they have together. That’s the only wild card I see as to why one isn’t driving the bus over the other.MOO

I'm in TX and receive day care subsidies. You're given a card, similar to a credit card, and the day care is supposed to have a machine where you swipe the card and enter a PIN to verify your identity, and you hand-enter the check in time. The system saves the date and time this information was processed as well as the date and time that the parent enters by hand.

They've changed it within the last year or so to where you only have to swipe the card once a day. Also, you can call an 800 number to do your "swipe." The swipes are required in order to receive the subsidy for each day of day care and you only have 6 days to do them, then you're charged the regular day care rate. So, the time of the swipe if it comes from the day care only means that the parent was in the day care at that time. It could have been at drop off or at pick up. (Or, I guess, if a parent stopped by at a different time of day.) But, since you have 6 days to catch up on swipes, you could stand there at the little machine and do "previous day check ins" for up to 6 days-making it look like your kids were there when they weren't.

Also, my kids' dad has a card too. If a "swipe" comes through the 800 number, then the kid might not have been at day care at all. Day cares do generally keep track of times in and out for kids. The last time my kids attended a day care that didn't have you write down their time in and out was-gosh-probably 8 years ago.
I think they must keep some kind of attendance register to comply with fire regulations. So they could confirm all kids are accounted for, in case of fire.

JMO. I feel like we put too much emphasis sometimes in how they appear in interviews, what they say, what they don’t say, crying, not crying. BB was ripped for no tears, early on, but now it’s: oh there’s tears but they’re not for Maleah. How can any of us really say that? The parents of Kenneth Howard were scrutinized, but the little guy really was lost in the woods. I’m not saying BB has made great choices, history points to abuse, but abuse and murder are two different things. I’m sure a bunch you will be mad at me for defending her. I’m just not ready to say she was involved or knows what happened. We still don’t know when she left, or when Maleah was murdered. Some of you say that LE surely knows when BB left. I agree, so why hasn’t she been arrested too? All JMO and Of course I know it’s possible I’m wrong.

BBM

We know that BB was home in the apartment for an hour & a half after DV brought Maleah back to the apartment that morning.

I find it impossible to believe that BB was unaware that Maleah was in that small apartment during that hour & a half. Especially since (based on the neighbor's surveillance camera footage) DV and Maleah walked right past that fenced-in little patio that faces the parking area. IMO, if anyone had been out there on that fenced-in patio smoking a ciggie and/or texting/chatting on their phone, that person would have noticed DV and Maleah walking past.

I don't believe that fenced enclosure around the patio would have prevented anyone sitting out there from seeing someone walking past. It's not as if those fence boards were a solid, impenetrable barrier. One is capable of seeing the movement of people through the gaps in the fence boards, as well as hearing people as they walk past.

I think this is the reason why DV hasn't been charged with Maleah's apparent murder. I think the investigators are trying to determine who is responsible for poor little Maleah's death - since the investigators obviously know that BB was home for an hour & a half after DV brought Maleah back home.

LE is faced with quite the conundrum IMO - trying to figure out which one of the two is responsible for Maleah's death.

Last edited:
How big is the apartment? I've lived in apartments and you can't miss a sick kid in such a small space IMO. Are these people doing drugs? It's a possibility that some of what you said could be true but sitting a child 4 year old in a room and telling her not to say anything doesn't add up. Maybe he took BB to airport and left MD home alone. BB doesn't want LE or CPS to no she knew MD was home by herself. And if he was texting her crazy stuff while she was out of the State why didn't she call all of these "so called concerned family members" to go get her children.
I can't argue with anything you said, other than it was not DV that took her to the airport. And you are absolutely right, there are a lot of things that just don't add up.

I'm in TX and receive day care subsidies. You're given a card, similar to a credit card, and the day care is supposed to have a machine where you swipe the card and enter a PIN to verify your identity, and you hand-enter the check in time. The system saves the date and time this information was processed as well as the date and time that the parent enters by hand.

They've changed it within the last year or so to where you only have to swipe the card once a day. Also, you can call an 800 number to do your "swipe." The swipes are required in order to receive the subsidy for each day of day care and you only have 6 days to do them, then you're charged the regular day care rate. So, the time of the swipe if it comes from the day care only means that the parent was in the day care at that time. It could have been at drop off or at pick up. (Or, I guess, if a parent stopped by at a different time of day.) But, since you have 6 days to catch up on swipes, you could stand there at the little machine and do "previous day check ins" for up to 6 days-making it look like your kids were there when they weren't.

Also, my kids' dad has a card too. If a "swipe" comes through the 800 number, then the kid might not have been at day care at all. Day cares do generally keep track of times in and out for kids. The last time my kids attended a day care that didn't have you write down their time in and out was-gosh-probably 8 years ago.

Thank you for the info. This is pretty much what I expected. So every drop off and pick up should be detailed down to the date and time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam