The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meghan Markle 's close friend and make-up artist broke down in tears defending his friend in an emotional interview .

During a chat for a CBS News special about the Duke and Duchess, Daniel Martin said the new mum doesn't deserve the negative stories and that Baby Archie will "represent what the world is now".

He said: "She's still Meghan to me.

"I know her so well. I know she doesn’t deserve all of this negative press.

"What’s so frustrating is that you hear these stories and there’s no truth to them.

Meghan Markle's friend breaks down in tears in emotional interview about Duchess

I’m really glad the Duchess of Sussex has real friends who have her back.

I discovered that The Queen was on in the late afternoon yesterday (STARZCL) and watched it. I've seen the movie starring Helen Mirren several times but never tire of watching it. The Queen (2006) - IMDb

It is a great movie. Her Majesty wanted to meet Dame Helen Mirren to thank her for her moving performance but Dame Helen declined as she was anxious about meeting someone so well known who she had played in person.

Prince Harry and Meghan forced from home by helicopter pictures

Prince Harry accepts 'substantial' damages after helicopter photos forced royal couple from their home

Updated 2:42 PM EDT, Thu May 16, 2019

What home? Oh, now I see it was the one that they rented before they moved into Frogmore, Which one of our astute members here figured it out, but the article still is not corrected..

Last edited:
Princess Diana’s wedding dress designer blasts Meghan for not championing clothes by British designers - and points out that 'French couture doesn't come cheap'

Diana's wedding dress designer says he'd like Meghan to wear more clothes from British designers | Daily Mail Online
The article mentions Ralph Lauren, my fave American designer... because his classical design is quite British.

And baby Ralph Lauren clothes are adorable...

It’s also mentions one of Diana’s fave designers was Versace.

It’s hard not to love Dior or Givenchy or Channel.

Meghan's style is rather minimalist and unimpressive. Her Stella after the wedding dress was the outfit of the day. Imo. But it had that retro feel.

—Which is kind of where I’m at in terms of a lot of modern designers. Not really that impressed.

The Victoria Beckham nurses outfit I thought was dreadful.

I think it’s going to take some time and experimenting for Meghan to find her royal fashion footing. It’s way different than Hollywood.

Designers like Alexander McQueen suit Kate so well, but she has a frilly feminine side and wears it beautifully.

Meghan suffers from the architecture of minimalism in fashion... something that works on very few women. American designers like Halston and Calvin Klein come to mind and was carried off by a statuesque body type.

What I see in royal fashion is the women have a style that works for them, and they stick with it..

Princess Diana’s wedding dress designer blasts Meghan for not championing clothes by British designers - and points out that 'French couture doesn't come cheap'

Diana's wedding dress designer says he'd like Meghan to wear more clothes from British designers | Daily Mail Online
I'm not much of a 'fashionista' so generally don't say much,
but... :rolleyes:

"But please, Meghan, if anything, buy British!' he exclaimed.
Emanuel, who famously designed the dress worn by the late Lady Diana on the day of her wedding to Prince Charles in 1981, said he was sad to see royals turn to non-British designers for their bridal gowns.

'The last couple of weddings is that they've gone off-piste a bit. The Duchess of Sussex for instance, she went to Givenchy,' he said. 'Yes it was a British designer, but the gown was made in France.'

?? Some people are just never happy
headbang.gif

"It's not for me to say, but I think it must have cost a small fortune."
No it's not! So just shut-up :rolleyes:

I mean she was rather successful before she met Harry.
She does have HER OWN MONEY she worked hard for o_O she's entitled to spend it on whatever she wishes (as far as I'm concerned anyway)

"While Diana turned to Emanuel for her gown, her daughter-in-law Kate Middleton made the unexpected decision to turn to Alexander McQueen for her gown."

:confused: Really??
I don't think it was.
Not for anyone of a younger generation
& lets face it David...

Diana dress looked dreadful

Meghan Markle 's close friend and make-up artist broke down in tears defending his friend in an emotional interview .

During a chat for a CBS News special about the Duke and Duchess, Daniel Martin said the new mum doesn't deserve the negative stories and that Baby Archie will "represent what the world is now".

He said: "She's still Meghan to me.

"I know her so well. I know she doesn’t deserve all of this negative press.

"What’s so frustrating is that you hear these stories and there’s no truth to them.

Meghan Markle's friend breaks down in tears in emotional interview about Duchess

I’m really glad the Duchess of Sussex has real friends who have her back.

The make up artist is nuts. He just needs to stay out of sight.

I liked Catherine's wedding dress. Hated Diana's and Meghan's. I did like Meghan's evening dress but her shoulders are way too broad for the dress. The dress was gorgeous.

Didn't Meghan meet new bestie Gayle at her baby shower?

Gayle is Oprah’s life long bestie. I think Gayle was chosen to cover Meghan for American press because of that. CBS is a respectable news outlet, and Gayle is AA, so offers their shared perspective?

Oprah and Harry are embarking on a docu-series about mental health awareness, together.

Gayle is a trusted friend in a tight circle. And, I suspect this has as much to do with Harry who has a big mistrust of the media.

—I’m probably the only one who loved Princess Di’s wedding dress. It was very poofy and romantic, and I thought the ivory color and her English Rose complexion was dazzling... I remember we were up at the crack of dawn watching the ceremony on a little B&W TV, and it wasn’t until pictures were published in magazines that I realized just how beautiful she looked.

I didn't care for Diana's dress either. There was just way too much pouf. She didn't wear the dress. It wore her IMO

I totally agree Princess Diana’s wedding dress was absolutely awful it could have been a parachute as that is what it looked like. Were wedding dresses all that bad in the 1980s? I was only little so I don’t remember.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

I totally agree Princess Diana’s wedding dress was absolutely awful it could have been a parachute as that is what it looked like. Were wedding dresses all that bad in the 1980s? I was only little so I don’t remember.

Have a lovely weekend everyone.
Everything was that bad in the 80's :p
It wasn't just the design it was the also material?? It looked so badly creased.
Possibly didn't realise at the time how it would come across on T.V. screens but really...It was gonna be broadcast world-wide :rolleyes:
Have a great weekend also @gregjrichards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member