Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people that abuse kids physically or mentally are going to do it regardless of what the school does. It either comes from the bully mentality or not knowing you shouldn't punish a child if YOU are angry, to calm down. If you are not calm they will not learn and if not punishing them to teach them, you are just taking out your anger on them. I was paddled in school (in SoCal no less) and have never paddled any of my kids, but they have been spanked.
Yes, I think they will too. I was just wondering if the fact that it's permitted in schools influences how others perceive the abuse. It seems to me some might justify their behavior considering it's not frowned upon or illegal. Imo

Maleah Davis: Mom Brittany Bowens answers tough questions in KHOU interview
[...]

Bowens answered critics who wander why she left the children with Vence when she went out of town for her father’s burial. Before leaving, Bowens had confronted her then-fiance’ about sexually inappropriate photos he sent to another man, according to spokesperson Quanell X.

“In my mind, whatever we had going on, had nothing to do with the children,” Bowens said.

In the beginning, she tried to believe Vence’s story about the kidnapping.

“I would rather think that somebody took my child, than believe that somebody had done something to her.”

But Bowens admits it was always in the back of her mind that Vence might be involved.

Wow, BB's making the rounds. I wonder if she's getting paid. MOO

That was my next question!! Still need to know who unidentified female that dropped him at hospital is. Does he have sisters?

If we are allowed 3 questions I think they would be... Where’s the body? Who dropped him off at the hospital? And when did BB leave to go to the airport. Are we asking too much? Lol!

I wonder if this means they found the trash bag from the laundry basket and are matching it to bags in the apartment..?

I don't know, because we purchase trash bags at Costco, they would probably "match" all of the other trash bags done by same manufacturer. I can't see how matching a trash bag, to another of the same brand is significant.

Maybe it is that they are taking evidence out of the home in trash bags?

INMO, BB should stay home and stop talking. She just keeps digging herself in more and more...so, keep talking BB!

I don't know, because we purchase trash bags at Costco, they would probably "match" all of the other trash bags done by same manufacturer. I can't see how matching a trash bag, to another of the same brand is significant.

Maybe it is that they are taking evidence out of the home in trash bags?

INMO, BB should stay home and stop talking. She just keeps digging herself in more and more...so, keep talking BB!

Trash bags can get different markings during the manufacturing process. I saw a true crime show once where the investigator enlisted the help of a worker/manager at a trash bag factory in order to identify "insignificant" markings that helped gather evidence against someone. It was surprisingly interesting.

That said, I'm guessing it's more likely that by trash bags being removed, it was meant that unknown evidence was removed from the home in trash bags or.....?

I haven't made it through the entire ABC interview yet, but here are a few notes.
  • Her friend took her to the airport
  • Argument with DV was when BB was at the airport and via text
  • Texts have been turned over to LE
  • DV kept calling but BB wouldn't answer
  • DV was upset that BB wouldn't communicate with him, but not angry
  • BB was comfortable leaving the children because what was going on was between them and had nothing to do with the children
  • When BB got home about all DV said was that he was sorry, that he tried to protect her (Maleah)
  • It was always in the back of her mind that something could have happened
  • She didn't notice anything out of the ordinary at the apartment
  • She didn't realize the laundry basket was gone until she heard about it from detectives
  • Her mother did laundry on the 1st and DV picked it up
  • When she and BB went to the apt after the airport, nobody was there, the car wasn't there, and the dining room light was on
  • "We filed the missing persons report Saturday"
  • DV went to the hospital that night and police didn't release him until Sunday
  • BB saw DV Sunday
  • BB, BB2, and JV (DV's brother) received a phone call while DV was at the hospital saying "that they were there"
  • So, they all went to the hospital and there were a lot of police officers
  • Police wouldn't let them talk to DV there

Last edited:
Since capital punishment is allowed in schools there, does that mean hitting your own children is considered ok too? It seems like there would be a very fine line in determining what is abuse and what is not. Imo
And yes, the word "whooped" was used, which implies hitting, spanking, or beating, I believe. I have never heard them use the word "whipped" until now, which implies something else altogether.

BBM
? courts?

Where I'm from they can be interchangeable.

[...]

Bowens answered critics who wander why she left the children with Vence when she went out of town for her father’s burial. Before leaving, Bowens had confronted her then-fiance’ about sexually inappropriate photos he sent to another man, according to spokesperson Quanell X.

“In my mind, whatever we had going on, had nothing to do with the children,” Bowens said.

“I would rather think that somebody took my child, than believe that somebody had done something to her.”

But Bowens admits it was always in the back of her mind that Vence might be involved.

BBM. What the what!? This man was living with her and her children. She called him Maleah's stepfather (even though they were not married) and her fiance. He took her children to daycare. How the h-e-double-hockey-sticks could she think her relationship status with him had nothing to do with the children? It had EVERYTHING to do with the children--the children should be the main priority in her life no matter what else happens! MOO.

:eek:o_O:confused::mad:

BB's new interview.
Why is QX talking for her... She can't come up with the the answers herself. It's like pulling teeth to get her to talk about her own daughter!! All I heard was excuses from her. I thought she was abused, I thought Maleah was abused, now she is back peddling big time. Her own mother refuses to speak with her.
I am just sick with her antics... You failed her, why can't you just say the truth for once..Where is Maleah BB??? MOO

[...]

I notice she’s consistently using the past tense here when talking about Maleah

More notes from the interview. I have about 10 more minutes to go...
  • DV never went back to the apartment after being released from the hospital
  • He went to BB2's house on Sunday, where BB had gone to stay
  • DV had the house key with the car keys
  • There was a spare key inside the apt.
  • BB became suspicious of DV when he started hiding from her
  • Monday, after he was released, he did not want to talk and his family wouldn't let her talk to him
  • Reporter asks if she thought DV was capable of ever doing harm to her children and she says, "No."
  • QX said when he talked to DV's family members, their sole concern was protection of him and not finding Maleah
  • QX: "Their first priority was not Where is Maleah? at all."
  • Reporter asks BB if she has ever been afraid of DV and she says, "No."
  • Reporter asks BB if DV has ever harmed her in any way and she says, "No."
  • Verbally abusive? "No."
  • Physically abusive? "No."
  • Reporter talks about the bleach, the blood, the evidence and says everything points toward DV...has BB grasped that reality? She says she is still processing that. It's hard for her to think about.

Last edited:
BBM
? courts?

Where I'm from they can be interchangeable.
I meant to type corporal punishment, as in spanking, or "whopping" children for bad behavior in schools. It was too late to edit when someone brought it to my attention, but I certainly did not mean to say that it is legal for schools in Texas to put students to death!
But I do think it's a bit archaic that they allow it. (Physical punishment, that is)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rxpb