Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh how I wish you were right but unfortunately I disagree. I think they have no idea who BG is.

If they do have dna I truly hope they are exploring familial dna (I’m sure they are) and it will just be a matter of time. Worst case is they have no dna or not enough ☹️

@insearchoflight: With all due respect, and as always, MOO, I disagree. I believe that they have the suspect's physical location pinned down to GPS coordinates (but at this very moment, he believes he's gotten away with this, "scot-free").

Re: familial DNA: If a suspect has no prior conviction, then it is unlikely that his own DNA is on file; if his family members (whether immediate, or cousins, etc.) have not participated in something like 23&me, or ancestry.com, then the familial DNA is also probably not stashed in LE's files. But! There is always the possibility that the suspect has been leaving his DNA "here, there, and everywhere" out and about in the community/nearby areas. Or...is it possible that the suspect is meandering around the local towns dressed as he was on the High Bridge, the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017? Not!

n.b.: Someone has probably already mentioned it, and I simply have not seen it, but it's interesting to ponder the fact that, based on the photographs that we do have (those from Libby's phone), it would certainly appear that the suspect has covered himself up quite well... head, face, mouth, and even...has his...gloved hands (not because it was "so cold" that day, either, btw) in his pockets. Could it be that the suspect was such an organized killer that he attempted to cover every.part.of.his.body that could possibly release DNA, I wonder? MOO

If Abby was between Libby and the murderer when he was captured on video, when would’ve the chat occurred - the girl talk and mention of the man? Because it just seems unusual they wouldn’t stick together, especially if Libby was uncomfortable walking on the bridge.

The only possible scenario I can think of is the two girls were walking together after the photo of Abby. Chatting, they didn’t notice him following behind them until he got closer and called out to Abby for reasons unknown, then Libby continued to walk to the end of the bridge by herself. By the time she took the video, he’d began walking after Abby who wasn’t interested in whatever it was he had to say. At that point is when his “criminal act” soon began with DTH.
JMO

Last edited:
A little late to the 'who knew the girls were going' discussion. Just want to add that I recall at least one other friend was asked to go but didn't. While we may think the circle of people who knew they were going to the trail that day is relatively small, it could be a much larger circle depending on who all they included in their plans and how many other parents, siblings, relatives, friends, etc may have been asked for permission or rides.

Do you have a link to the friend that was asked to go per msm? Bc I believe that was social media rumor and has been proven false. jmo

And it violates TOS unless you can provide a link

thx in advance

Bringing forward Carter's 05/16/19 interview with WISHTV:

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

For those who can't access this, I'll put together a basic synopsis.

Carter is thrilled with a lot of the new and different information that’s come in (more than 3000 tips) but they still have a lot of work to do and they’re not “near done”.

While he certainly appears to be optimistic, it seems an arrest is not imminent nor has LE had their eye on any one suspect.

Carter is thrilled with a lot of the new and different information that’s come in (more than 3000 tips) but they still have a lot of work to do and they’re not “near done”.

While he certainly appears to be optimistic, it seems an arrest is not imminent nor has LE had their eye on any one suspect.

Right after the most recent PC I was optimistic that LE was closing in on the right suspect. While I still hope that’s the case, with the recent tv appearance by Supt. Carter I have to wonder if they’re still at zero (if they were truly zoned in on a viable suspect I don’t think they’d waste time doing any more media appearances until there was an arrest). That’s my opinion.

Oh how I wish you were right but unfortunately I disagree. I think they have no idea who BG is.

If they do have dna I truly hope they are exploring familial dna (I’m sure they are) and it will just be a matter of time. Worst case is they have no dna or not enough ☹️
According to Sup Carter, they have DNA.
My thoughts are if they had any idea who this guy is, they'd be at his door asking him for a DNA sample.
Time stamp@ 2:10

A little late to the 'who knew the girls were going' discussion. (deleted) While we may think the circle of people who knew they were going to the trail that day is relatively small, it could be a much larger circle depending on who all they included in their plans and how many other parents, siblings, relatives, friends, etc may have been asked for permission or rides.

Edited to delete sentence about possible invitation.

I agree, IMO it’d be quite typical for girls that age to contact other friends to see who else might be at the trail that afternoon even prior to arranging their ride to and back.

My thoughts are if they had any idea who this guy is, they'd be at his door asking him for a DNA sample.

Do you know the date of that interview? Because at one point I recall an affirmative DNA interview was clarified the following day, possibly by the “every crime scene has DNA” remark. Indeed it’s known DNA was found but LE has never confirmed that it’s known beyond any and all doubt that it identifies the murderer. The crime scene was a quite a huge area, from the end of the bridge to where the bodies were found.

Last edited:

Not surprised. Everything in the PC a few weeks ago sounded like straight profiler-type advice to me.

Do you know the date of that interview? Because at one point I recall an affirmative DNA interview was clarified the following day, possibly by the “every crime scene has DNA” remark. Indeed it’s known DNA was found but LE has never clarified if it’s known behind any and all doubt that it identifies the murderer. The crime scene was a quite a huge area, from the end of the bridge to where the bodies were found.
January 15th 2018

Do you know the date of that interview? Because at one point I recall an affirmative DNA interview was clarified the following day, possibly by the “every crime scene has DNA” remark. Indeed it’s known DNA was found but LE has never clarified if it’s known behind any and all doubt that it identifies the murderer. The crime scene was a quite a huge area, from the end of the bridge to where the bodies were found.

How would they be able to eliminate people, as they said they have done, if no DNA? Alibis only?

If Abby was between Libby and the murderer when he was captured on video, when would’ve the chat occurred - the girl talk and mention of the man? Because it just seems unusual they wouldn’t stick together, especially if Libby was uncomfortable walking on the bridge.

The only possible scenario I can think of is the two girls were walking together after the photo of Abby. Chatting, they didn’t notice him following behind them until he got closer and called out to Abby for reasons unknown, then Libby continued to walk to the end of the bridge by herself. By the time she took the video, he’d began walking after Abby who wasn’t interested in whatever it was he had to say. At that point is when his “criminal act” soon began with DTH.
JMO

thank you for posting that video. I am watching it now. And I would guess while the girls were walking towards the bridge they came into contact with the kiler as he was walking in the opposite direction. They had a conversation about something. But nothing that warrant the girls to call som eone and tell them about the encounter. Or maybe they did. Or wanted too but the other talk the other out of it so not to end there day, or perhaps drawn concern. They went on there and he kept walking in the opposite direction until the girls were out of site. Then he follow them at a distance to watch but not be scene. When the girls got to the bridge and almost at the end of it the killer was at the beginning of it, watching and waiting to see if anyone else was coming towards the bridge. Then he started walking along the bridge towards the girls. Since they had that encounter early when they seen him coming again down the bridge towards them they knew something bad might happen. So the girl took her phone and as secretly as she could she film him. just hit record and pointing in his direction encase something did happen, after down the hill comment. she simply drop her phone where it was found, to be found to let someone know what had happen and by whom. He had a gun to keep them together and so they would not run off in opposite directions. split up and run. he took them across the water and to that spot where they were found, because it was isolated, more private. did what he did, and left the same way he came. Back across the bridge or walk below it whatever to get back to his vehicle. Thats the vehicle they are asking about. But i dont think its a car, but more of a truck type vehicle, jeep perhaps or truck. Then he went home and waited for them to be found and relive the murders. The Adrenalin rush he got from waiting for them to be found after reported missing was better than any drug. He killed them for the thrill of killing two young girls, He lives in area where he could watch the local news during the search waiting for them to be found, which he knew they would be found at some point. He was glued to the TV just waiting. He may have moved by now, or perhaps has a trucking job that takes him away from the area, to get away from there for awhile with all the heat. But i would guess hes a loner, lives alone.

Even if they have DNA they need to have a rock solid case without DNA to prove guilt. If they don't have probable cause they can't collect DNA, and they don't have a solid case if they don't even have probable cause.
jmo

Even if they have DNA they need to have a rock solid case without DNA to prove guilt. If they don't have probable cause they can't collect DNA, and they don't have a solid case if they don't even have probable cause.
jmo
You are right.
Under our 4th amendment, you have the right to refuse a DNA sample without a warrant, and they need probable cause to get a warrant.
So, what they do is knock on your door, and ask you to volunteer a sample, and if you agree, they have you sign a consent form, and take one.
If you refuse, and they are convinced you are the one they are looking for, then they follow you around in hopes you'll discard something like a cigarette, or a coffee cup. Then they test that, and if it comes up positive, they have probable cause and then they get a warrant.

You are right.
Under our 4th amendment, you have the right to refuse a DNA sample without a warrant, and they need probable cause to get a warrant.
So, what they do is knock on your door, and ask you to volunteer a sample, and if you agree, they have you sign a consent form, and take one.
If you refuse, and they are convinced you are the one they are looking for, then they follow you around in hopes you'll discard something like a cigarette, or a coffee cup. Then they test that, and if it comes up positive, they have probable cause and then they get a warrant.

Sounds like a great plan to me :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member