Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
In no way defending BB, but if she had a traumatic birth she may not have any of the memories/feelings many moms do.

I had 2 preemies. And not your normal experiences. I didn't even get to see my son for 4 days (beside a bedside walk past in the giant air ambulance portable NICU). My memories of his birth are an emergent C-section, feeling like absolute death on a mag drip, crying because he didn't cry when he came out and panicking he was going to die, and crying alone while they stitched me up and laid in recovery because my husband went with my son. There aren't any happy memories until I was discharged 4 days later and went directly to his hospital to see him.

((Hugs))

But it was so very interesting that she said she was alone. But before the court order to close everything down, it was all over media that there was an issue with him at the hospital iirc.

Or have I gotten my cases mixed up?

Yes, in an effort to rouse sympathy for BB, and explain her neglect, they threw BB2 under the bus. No wonder she isn't speaking to her daughter.
I'm not sure if she was referring to her mother. They seem to have a close bond. We have heard no mention of a father or any other member of the family so it's hard to say who she is saying abused her.
I think it's likely that BB's mother doesn't approve of the way BB is handling things now. Before QX came along, she may have been the one in charge, handing out flyers and searching for Maleah. Then when things took a turn all that stopped.
It's also possible that she is distancing herself from BB because she is tired of supporting her. She probably helped her raise those kids from the beginning. She likely knew Maleah was being abused or neglected and was the only one to take any action. She must be devastated now.
I think it's true that she doesn't like talking to the media. She said in the first interview she wasn't planning on speaking at all, yet she is the only who seemed to genuinely care about Maleah. Imo

Narcissistic people make their children extensions of themselves, children are objects, to be used to garner more attention to themselves. Don't confuse it with actually caring.

And the worst part about being an object, if you mess up your hair or clothes, as children would do, you no longer look "perfect", so you get beat. (That will teach you to mess up your pretty hair and dress). The rage of the narcissist, goes crazy.
I’m sorry, but was someone reported somewhere as being diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder somewhere that I’d missed? If so, please add a link.

CrimeOnline has a timeline of the DFPS investigation

The shocking history and short life of Maleah Davis. We obtain child protective service timeline
Documents filed in Harris County family court in connection to missing Houston girl, Maleah Davis, reveal months of investigation by child social services prior to her disappearance.

The Department of Family and Protective Services (TDFPS) released over 300 pages of documents pertaining to 4-year-old Maleah, with allegations of child abuse dating back to August 2018.

July 28, 2018
On July 28, 2018, Maleah’s mother, Brittany Bowens, brought her to the hospital with a laceration on her head. Bowens said the little girl wasn’t acting abnormal and didn’t have seizures. A physician tended to Maleah’s injuries, then discharged her from the hospital.

August 3, 2018
“On August 3, 2018, the Texas Department of Family and Protective Services received a report of physical abuse by an unknown perpetrator……Brittany Bowens, the mother of Maleah Davis, contacted Brenda Bowns, maternal grandmother, and stated Maleah had fallen from a tall chair to a marble table.”

[...]

I noted that he touched her arm as soon as she said the words "and Maleah had fallen" in her interviewed, and then she hesitated and he continued to speak and said we shall not speak of this. I think she's trying to avoid perjury?

I noted that he touched her arm as soon as she said the words "and Maleah had fallen" in her interviewed, and then she hesitated and he continued to speak and said we shall not speak of this. I think she's trying to avoid perjury?
They can't discuss anything related to CPS due to gag order.

Last edited:
In no way defending BB, but if she had a traumatic birth she may not have any of the memories/feelings many moms do.

I had 2 preemies. And not your normal experiences. I didn't even get to see my son for 4 days (beside a bedside walk past in the giant air ambulance portable NICU). My memories of his birth are an emergent C-section, feeling like absolute death on a mag drip, crying because he didn't cry when he came out and panicking he was going to die, and crying alone while they stitched me up and laid in recovery because my husband went with my son. There aren't any happy memories until I was discharged 4 days later and went directly to his hospital to see him.
I’m so sorry to hear that you had to go through such an experience. Thank you for sharing such a personal thing, adding some context, and a different point of view to the discussion.

Last edited:
"You hid from me and you left me. I have no feelings for that man. I don't have no feelings for him at this point. He was the last person to see my daughter. I seen you when you came home. You didn't say anything to me. I stood up for you. I wanted to believe your story," Bowens said.
ONLY ON FOX 26: Brittany Bowens, Maleah Davis' mother, sits down with FOX 26 to tell her side

Sounds like she's more upset her relationship is over than the fact that he daughter is missing...

Sometimes in situations like this, when people are not talking with each other and they are only doing media events, I think sometimes they are doing hidden messages and I am just circumspect.

When she said the words "I seen you when you came home. You didn't say anything to me. I stood up for you" it could mean two things.

It could mean that she was speaking of the day when she went to the airport, or Sunday at her mother's house. But I find it difficult to believe that at her mother's house that day that he did not speak to her. If that makes sense what I'm saying.

Which day was she referring to, I guess she was referring to the hour-and-a-half on the day she left for the airport? And he never talked to her that day? He didn't speak to her that day? So very strange this whole case.

There was a gag order put in place regarding discussion of the CPS issues.

Search area expands and gag order issued in Maleah Davis case

While the search continues, a legal order is complicating the case in court. A gag order has been issued ordering attorneys and the media to strict confidentiality of the CPS records involving Maleah's family.

The order says that if the release of this information continues, the pre-trial publicity will interfere with rights to a fair trial.​

I would assume there may be video of this, but I have not seen anything reported about the 29th - only BB2's comments when she was interviewed. But now, according to BB in her most recent media tour, he did laundry on May 1st? How would she know this? BB was in MA on May 1st. This is so confusing.

I spent 10 minutes to try to find it, but I gave up. Somebody did a post with photographs of the apartment complex they live in. It had a laundry Within the apartment complex that was coin-operated it appeared.

Hope this isn't again tos, but have been wondering the age difference Maleah and her baby brother. BB was taking about her being alone when she had Maleah, and made me wonder how long DV was in the picture before getting pregnant again. He'd been around for the terrible twos and potty training.

BBM

So, this reminds me of the question I had in a previous thread about the car.

I thought Saturday’s story sounded suspicious because BB2 (IIRC) said that they’d gone there Saturday morning but didn’t want to bother the landlord and/or cops because they thought DV and the kids might be in there sleeping.

If that was their assumption I suggested that they must’ve seen BB’s Nissan parked at the complex. Wouldn’t that need to be true if they thought DV and the kids might be in there sleeping? Surely they would’ve looked for the car—they had noticed it’s absence there the night before, right?

Didn’t make sense to me and still doesn’t.

Of course we don’t know otherwise so my suspicion is still lingering...

MOO

Good question for the next interview! What did you think when you went to the house and you saw the dining room light on, but your car was not there?

ETA, Pommy noted that the interviewer did question and say that the car was not there when he asked a question. But I'm not sure that was specifically followed up.

"According to BB2, they made 4 calls to the apartment complex trying to get them to let them in. Then a police officer happened to be in the parking lot and through him/her, they were finally let inside. BB2 said she (they?) didn't want to call the police and then find out they were all just in there asleep."

If I couldn't get it in my house, and no one was answering, who cares if I wake them up? That doesn't make logical sense to me

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member