Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
RBBM

Some speculated earlier that he had leg or foot issues, giving him a distinctive gait.
I remember that as well. I think some of the speculation was ignored because of Carters comment....”because of the deteriorated condition of the bridge the suspect is not walking naturally due to the spacing between the ties”. MOO

Yeah I thought that was exactly his point as well.

Well, now, I'm not so sure that we should just ignore his head! (But I get why people are suggesting that as a strategy.) What about this (MOO): the suspect has a.) a high forehead, b.) a receding hairline, c.) has "reddish-brown hair" (this, from a previous LE info. update). Plus, we also know d.) the suspect lives in/has connections to/makes frequent visits to Delphi, e.) early-20s to 40s-ish (quite a large "ballpark"; imo closer to the younger end of that range).

*BBM: Note: Not "brownish-red", but rather, "reddish-brown". There's a difference.

p. s. I, too, thought that the "taking his head off" (in order to identify the suspect) was an odd expression to use... But maybe that's a LE expression? {Shrug} Was there some additional information there? (creepy, if so...)

OK they were closing in 1 year ago...

Here is what was said about DNA 1 year later

Investigation ongoing two-years after murders of Abby Williams, Libby German in Delphi

“...That case was solved with DNA evidence by Parabon Nanolabs. Investigators in the Delphi case worked closely with those who cracked the Tinsley case to see if their methods or findings could help solve the murders of Abby and Libby. Parabon Nanolabs declined an interview and state police would not say if the same test was being used in the investigation.

But their website shows technology can match DNA to someone already in a database. It can also use information about physical appearance found in the genes “to generate new leads on unknown suspects.”

CBS4 asked Indiana State Police why the investigation has taken two years if DNA evidence was recovered. Sgt. Riley responded only, “I’m not going to make a comment on that.”...”

I, too, would like to know why it took two years if we are to believe they have DNA.
Last year my husband and I took dna tests. I talked him into it because I was adopted and wanted to close the book on who I assumed my parent was. He knows his family. Out of all the relatives that showed up for him, not one single relative was from his father's side out of over 1k. Out of his Mother's side, he knows absolutely none. All distant cousins. We thought this must be a mistake so his sister took the test. Same result. No one from father's side at all and all others distant and unknown. I know if you trace familial dna this could be solved had he committed a crime himself but it would be so very time consuming.

I'm not sure that his gait can fully be judged from what we have-2 seconds of someone walking really high up in the air on a skinny walkway full of rotting boards and no hand rails. But the way he shifts his weight, hunches his shoulders, leans his body forward, bows his head, etc. could be very distinctive if all those things are put together.

So So true, Mtnlites. BG's mannerisms are pretty unique, when taken as a whole.
1) the way he shifts his weight
2) hunches his shoulders
3) leans his body forward with head bowed​

Smartly, you have all sleuthed my avatar and know that I am a dancer and a musician.

So, Mtnlites,
I will also add to your very perceptive list:
4) BG pronates his right foot ( Some of you have already said pidgeon-toed, and, yes, but it is only his right foot which twists)
5) he throws his right hip forward, kicking his right leg out, when he steps. (only on the right again)​

Dancers see things in how people move to a fine degree,..... only because we have to copy NUANCES exactly, in order to get our paycheck!!!!!

BG's voice is also distinctive.
6) his timbre is affected by heavy smoking perhaps, so it is a .. "reedy", raspy, "tinny"-sounding voice.​

Many sleuthers have already brought this up.

Not just the musicians. (LOL)

It is concerning that BG has not been apprehended yet. So many on this forum have noted that there are obvious mannerisms which BG exhibits that even a co-worker would see, and be compelled to call the tip-line.

(MOO: Amateur physiological speculation and too many years listening to good 70's rock.) ETA: better description

Last edited:
I'm not sure but I think DNA from the military, each branch, or a few, I believe were backlogged like 40,000 and up by some branches. Criminal DNA that needed to be fed to CODIS. The article wasn't favorable to this backlog. It was written when one POI who was previous military had charges but DNA wasn't in the system. It was posted here, I think. jmo I'll look for it when I can.

Here's my quickly-typed transcript of the 05/16/19 interview between Carter and the wishtv broadcaster.

I believe I got the gist of this interview. I typed it verbatim. Should anyone find a correction, other than spelling, please let me know. I'll repost.

I used "DC" and "Interviewer" for the two parties involved. I believe we're not allowed to post full names.

ISP superintendent provides update on Delphi double murder investigation

Date of Interview: 05/16/19

Interviewer: The quiet period ends today in the Delphi murder investigation. It has been more than two years since the murders, and two weeks since the release of new clues in the case. State police said they would wait to say more until more tips came in, and give time for the families to absorb the new information.

Interviewer: Well, that time has passed now, and State Superintendent D. Car**r (DC) is here now. Good morning, Sir.

DC: Good morning, S****.

Interiewer: We've been reporting on Day Break that some 3,000 tips have come in since the release of the new information. Is any of it different? Is any of it useful?

DC: It's all useful, and it's all--the vast majority--is different. I'm thrilled with what's happened since then, and we still have a lot of work
to do, but we're not near done.

Interviewer: When we first got word--it was on Friday when we first got word that there was new information. Some of the things struck me as unusual; you invited the public to this, you weren't taking questions at that point, to wait those a little bit later. And in that briefing, it seemed like you were speaking directly to whoever did this, with the sense that this person might even be in the room. Do you think that person was in the room?

DC: I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by, but I'm 100% convinced he was watching.

Interviewer: Why?

DC: Because of all that has happened over these last three months--the information that we had received, the information that we knew--and I hope to one day be able to tell that story.

Interviewer: You said something during the briefing that struck me--you feel like the investigators may have talked to him. You think that at some point, or since then, one of your guys has gotten in front of this person and asked him questions, and if so, how, at that point, did it not lead to an arrest, and how could it be moving forward?

DC: Well, I think it's likely. I think it's likely. There's a lot of opinions out there, there's a lot of subjective opinions, there's a lot of analysis
being done, which we're trying to encourage folks to not do, those kinds of side-by-side analysis. I really believe, that over time, we're gonna have an idea that we were onto something early on. Now remember, this isn't a 43-minute TV show, we have to, we have to, we have to understand that's not just science, but it's also human intelligence, what people know.

DC: Somebody knows whose body that is. Somebody knows. You take the head off that person, and you'll know, you'll recognize the body, whether it be your dad, your brother, your uncle, your friend, your neighbor, your coworker. That's the piece we're waiting on. I believe that we'll get there. There is an extraordinary group of people up there that's doing this work, and I believe they're gonna come to a successful resolution.

Interviewer: You mentioned the body. In the release of video, and this is only two or three frames of video, but it shows the movement of the person. It's been asked, and I'm sure it's been asked of you as well, why not release that sooner? You knew right away you had a picture, but a picture's different than video. Why wait that long?

DC: Yeah, a picture is different than video, and a sketch is different than a photograph. So you are right, you are absolutely correct, we'll be
able one day to tell you what we know, and why we didn't release it. We don't want to show our hand. We don't want to show the complete picture of what we know, versus what we think. We have to be very, very careful there. Remember, it's easy to give an opinion if you don't understand the factual basis for what we've done and why. I don't mean that in a critical sense. But, we have to protect the integrity of what we know. And, geez, we're gonna stay at it.

Interviewer: The sketch, and to be clear, and you did clarify this after, in case folks didn't hear it, you don't want them to look at both
sketches anymore. You only want them to look at the newly-release sketch, correct?

DC: That's correct, but remember, the sketch is not a photograph. It's something similar to a resemblance. And the likelihood of this being
something between the two (sketches), is probably pretty strong. But again, that's a subjective opinion, based on what I believe.

Interviewer: And, certainly, you've shown frustration at the killer, at the fact that it takes a long time sometimes to find this(?)
The families have gotta feel frustration as well. And, one question that occurs to me, if they are fielding rumor, that you've said you
don't like, that you could head some of that off by sharing some of the grim things that the families shouldn't have to share. Why is it
that we don't know how these girls died? Why is it that we don't know if they were sex****ly assa**ted?

DC: Because only the killer knows that. And so do we. That's why. And you're right--the frustration of the families is something I
can't even begin to fathom or understand. And, we've tried very, very hard to stay connected with them, throughout this thing, this process.
But remember, a lot of people are starved for information, particularly sensationalized events like this. We can't show our hand. We
just can't.

Interviewer: Will there be a point when things change? Because it's been two years; you've changed strategies now, you have to be
looking down the horizon, if you don't get the resolution you want, you may think it may be because people want to sensationalize things.
I've heard from people close to those families who say we're tired of answering FB posts about did this happen, did that happen.

DC: I can't begin to understand their frustration. But, we can stay connected with them. And, I can't say sensationalism in a negative sense at all. Because I'm thrilled about what you've done, what you've allowed us to do today. Because this is why we'll be successful. This is why we'll be successful. But, we can't turn this into a wide-open schematic of what we know and why. We just can't. But, I believe that one day, we'll be able to.

Interviewer: You've been involved in investigations that have lead to convictions, you've been involved in some frustrating cold cases. Do you think someone will go to trial for this case someday?

DC: Yes.

(General interview wrap-up)
Thank you so much , the transcript is very helpful.
Quoting -
DC: I think if he wasn't in the room, he was close by, but I'm 100% convinced he was watching.

DC: Because of all that has happened over these last three months--the information that we had received, the information that we knew--and I hope to one day be able to tell that story.

I find this very telling. To me he is saying over the last three months they have received information that corresponded with the information they knew. I believe they have a good idea who the perp is. I think this is also why the pc was so targeted and also over the Easter break knowing that person would be home.

Thank you so much , the transcript is very helpful.
Quoting -

I find this very telling. To me he is saying over the last three months they have received information that corresponded with the information they knew. I believe they have a good idea who the perp is. I think this is also why the pc was so targeted and also over the Easter break knowing that person would be home.
Yeah, I agree. The fact that he said “these last three months,” indicates that this change in direction, has basis in fact.

They aren’t taking a flyer, and simply trying to shake the trees. This is purposeful, and based on something specific.

If he had said “these past two years,” then I’d be a hell of a lot less encouraged.

I’m not sure they have a specific person in mind, but I do think they’re closing the gap.

I agree, IMO it’d be quite typical for girls that age to contact other friends to see who else might be at the trail that afternoon even prior to arranging their ride to and back.
I agree. They could have easily sent a Snapchat message that had subsequently disappeared by the time they got to the bridge. Can LE track who all could have seen any earlier SC messages or pics? That would be good if that had been possible yet I don't think it is. I think SC is like WhatsApp and nothing is stored but this is all AJMAO. (All just my amateur opinion)

Snipped:I, too, would like to know why it took two years if we are to believe they have DNA.

If they found DNA at the crime scene, but the suspect's DNA was never entered into CODIS for a previous crime, there is nothing to match it to.
More and more, the use of DNA through genealogy is used, however, it's still illegal in several states.
Other states have restrictions like say for example, they can only use it after all other methods have been exhausted.
And then there's the defense. How was that DNA handled when in the hands of a company like GEDMatch, or Family Tree? Was it contaminated?

This indicates to me it could be someone young enough at that time not to have a felony conviction that would have ended up in CODIS. As the perpetrator gets older the hope is there that he will commit a felony that DNA can be taken (based on the new law) so the chances he will be caught get better every day.

Ignoring the head because the details on the face are almost impossible to see. They're not just blurry-the pixels flat out aren't there in some places. The shape of his body, the way he moves, his mannerisms, and his clothing are much easier to see.

As someone who is legally blind, without my glasses or contacts I can't see more than a few feet in front of me. I can't see eyes, noses, mouths, etc. However, I can tell who my loved ones are just by the way they walk and the shapes of their bodies. I think a lot of people would be surprised to find that they can do that as well. It's like when you're a parent and in you're in a room with a bunch of other kids. One kid on the other side of the room starts crying and you immediately know that it's yours.

They're not saying there's something different about the face so people should ignore it-it's that they're saying that there's not much to see in the way of the face so look at the bigger picture.
You have a clear and eloquent way with words, @mtnlites . I appreciate your posts. :)

Last edited:
@insearchoflight: With all due respect, and as always, MOO, I disagree. I believe that they have the suspect's physical location pinned down to GPS coordinates (but at this very moment, he believes he's gotten away with this, "scot-free").

Re: familial DNA: If a suspect has no prior conviction, then it is unlikely that his own DNA is on file; if his family members (whether immediate, or cousins, etc.) have not participated in something like 23&me, or ancestry.com, then the familial DNA is also probably not stashed in LE's files. But! There is always the possibility that the suspect has been leaving his DNA "here, there, and everywhere" out and about in the community/nearby areas. Or...is it possible that the suspect is meandering around the local towns dressed as he was on the High Bridge, the afternoon of Feb. 13, 2017? Not!

n.b.: Someone has probably already mentioned it, and I simply have not seen it, but it's interesting to ponder the fact that, based on the photographs that we do have (those from Libby's phone), it would certainly appear that the suspect has covered himself up quite well... head, face, mouth, and even...has his...gloved hands (not because it was "so cold" that day, either, btw) in his pockets. Could it be that the suspect was such an organized killer that he attempted to cover every.part.of.his.body that could possibly release DNA, I wonder? MOO
BBM -I agree and that is absolutely possible

This indicates to me it could be someone young enough at that time not to have a felony conviction that would have ended up in CODIS. As the perpetrator gets older the hope is there that he will commit a felony that DNA can be taken (based on the new law) so the chances he will be caught get better every day.

Insightful concept -- the "future" possibilities of the suspect's consistency in behaviour. If, in fact, the suspect is someone in a trusted position in the community, how very sad, then (for the individuals involved, as well as for that community), if he should commit another felony. Sure hope that people in Delphi are continually keeping themselves in a "watchful/super-alert" mode. But... am afraid that some in that town may still be recalling what was said at various PCs when LE was asked if there was a present danger (my paraphrase): "The people in this community are...smart..."

Just as one person who cares about people, I hope and pray that those in Delphi are not just assuming that the suspect is only thinking about a future crime on/near the High Bridge, but...(as he has already demonstrated) in any public spot...

So So true, Mtnlites. BG's mannerisms are pretty unique, when taken as a whole.
1) the way he shifts his weight
2) hunches his shoulders
3) leans his body forward with head bowed​

Smartly, you have all sleuthed my avatar and know that I am a dancer and a musician.

So, Mtnlites,
I will also add to your very perceptive list:
4) BG pronates his right foot ( Some of you have already said pidgeon-toed, and, yes, but it is only his right foot which twists)
5) he throws his right hip forward, kicking his right leg out, when he steps. (only on the right again)​

Dancers see things in how people move to a fine degree,..... only because we have to copy NUANCES exactly, in order to get our paycheck!!!!!

BG's voice is also distinctive.
6) his timbre is affected by heavy smoking perhaps, so it is a .. "reedy", raspy, "tinny"-sounding voice.​

Many sleuthers have already brought this up.

Not just the musicians. (LOL)

It is concerning that BG has not been apprehended yet. So many on this forum have noted that there are obvious mannerisms which BG exhibits that even a co-worker would see, and be compelled to call the tip-line.

(MOO: Amateur physiological speculation and too many years listening to good 70's rock.) ETA: better description
Great analysis! There must be someone at FBI or somewhere they could get to do an interview and point these “mannerisms” out to the public. I’m sure most people don’t pick up on them unless it is someone close, like a family member. Maybe a work colleague would notice it if it was brought to their attention.
Just a thought..MOO...

Yeah, and I don’t buy this.

He’s walking on an unstable surface, so there’s no way of accurately determine that.

Also, law enforcement would have had countless experts poring over every frame of that footage. If they felt he had some issue like that, they would say.

It would greatly help narrow down the suspect pool, and would allow the public to point them in the right direction.

Thanks MassGuy
Enjoy your posts
Always the voice of reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads