UK UK - Sarah Wellgreen, 46, Kent, 9 Oct 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just FYI, the official Missing Sara FB page is reporting that a female body which was found, is NOT SW. (There was a body found in Humber Estuary (at Grimsby Docks?), but not sure how far that would even be from Kent?)

ETA: The page was talking about Leybourne Lakes:
Body pulled from lake

It has been confirmed that remains found in docks are of Libby Squire, missing from Hull. Body in Humber confirmed as Libby Squire
The body found at Leybourne Lakes (which I'm getting is in Kent), was that of an 80 year old man. It says the 5th victim of the lake in the past 11 years (although at least 2 of those were suicides).
"A man in his 80s was found dead in a countryside lake, police have confirmed.

He is the fifth person to die at Leybourne Lakes in the last 11 years.

His body was pulled from the lakes in New Hythe, near Aylesford, this morning, as police investigated a report of a missing person."

Lake death: Man in 80s pulled from water

Thanks for the update. Hard to believe it is 6 months already.

This line, from the article

vanished after being spotted near her home in Bazes Shaw, New Ash Green, on October 9.

I thought the last known information was the phone call with NJ and it was presumed that Sarah was inside her house.

For somebody more in the know than me on these kind of things. What are the chances of actually getting a conviction if they can't find a body?

For somebody more in the know than me on these kind of things. What are the chances of actually getting a conviction if they can't find a body?
It totally depends on what other evidence they have. I think juries are happy to convict without a body if the evidence is there.

We'll just have to wait till it gets to trial to see what they have.

The man accused of murdering missing Dartford woman, Sarah Wellgreen, will not stand trial until late September after he was originally due to appear in court next week.

Ben Lacomba, 38, was due to appear before Maidstone Crown Court on June 18 charged with the murder of the missing mum-of-five who disappeared from the New Ash Green area in October of last year.

However, Kent Police have since confirmed that the trial date has been delayed until September 30 at the earliest.

Trial for man accused of murdering Sarah Wellgreen delayed by three months

Trial scheduled to start in a week:
This is from the 'Missing' FB page:

TRIAL UPDATE - 18 JUNE 2019

Since our last past about the delay to the trial we can now share that a new start date has been set and it is due to begin on 30th September 2019.

This is after the 'Further Mention' took place yesterday (Monday 17th) at Woolwich Crown Court. As the start date has been set, it means the judge was satisfied that any outstanding issues/actions have now been resolved and it is okay to proceed with the trial.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998