GUILTY UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just reading about the grounds for John Leatham's sentence appeal. Apparantly he requested an appeal because Paige Doherty's remains were easy to locate. (I think that's mental but there you go)
So based on that i am totally stuck in trying to understand what AC's grounds would be other than his age.

Alesha MacPhail's killer Aaron Campbell granted an appeal against his 27-year sentence

I just found this link. This states that the appeal against sentence was granted after his legal team argued the sentence was too harsh.
God. Too harsh. He's having a laugh is he not? Too harsh for what? I wonder if they mean too harsh for a minor?

Edit: Too harsh isn't grounds for an appeal, they must provide a reason as to why they think it's too harsh (just spoke to my relative in PF office) the reason(s) provided is/are the grounds.

Last edited:
Why don’t you think Aaron is appealing his conviction @Eezer Goode ? You know if he’s really innocent and being set up by the police, the court, the judge and the psychologists ? This is his last chance to get the “truth” out there, that he wasn’t really trying to hold back laughter, that he wasn’t really satisfied with the murder and that he didn’t abduct a child From her bed, rape her, murder her and smear his “*advertiser censored*” on her and then joke about it with his friends the next day? I just can’t think why he could be sitting back and accepting a 27 year Minimum prison sentence for something he didn’t do ?...

ADMIN NOTE:

I've just had to go through 16 pages to remove 30 off topic posts and other posts that violate Websleuths' Terms of Service.

You do realize there are other threads that need tending? WS staff don't have time for this type of nonsense.

Members had best read The Rules (linked in my signature) and abide by them or I am seriously at the point of closing this thread and leaving only the *No Discussion* media thread open for MSM as it happens. Takes nothing more than a click of a button to do so.

Nobody wants to be responsible for a thread being closed. The choice is yours.

God. Too harsh. He's having a laugh is he not? Too harsh for what? I wonder if they mean too harsh for a minor?

Edit: Too harsh isn't grounds for an appeal, they must provide a reason as to why they think it's too harsh (just spoke to my relative in PF office) the reason(s) provided is/are the grounds.

He’ll play on his age and also the Judge Lord Matthews who is known for giving long sentences.

He plead guilty though. Didn’t put the family through the ordeal of a trial and didn’t say anything like “I was trying not to laugh during the trial” . The crime AC committed was horrific enough but the aftermath was just as bad. Plus his defence trying to pin the blame on aleshas step mum is unforgivable too.
I wonder if they will look to Jamie bulgers case for time spans

I wonder if they will look to Jamie bulgers case for time spans

I dont think so,they were so young when they were locked away and so much work was done to rehabilitate them that it made no sense to send them on to adult prison and undo all the good work(with Thompson at least in hindsight) that had been done.
I think they would have to look at cases where the convict was around the same age,in which case 27 years isnt that excessive

And further to @Kiranerys reply, that was England. I'm not sure they can use cases in English law as comparison for Scottish sentencing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong