Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
51849508_10102803431004186_3241801144191680512_n.jpg

51345917_10102803431014166_3112258861755531264_n.jpg

A "badly burned body" was discovered inside a car belonging to a Milwaukee teacher who has been missing since Saturday.

Kathleen Ryan, a teacher at St. Augustine school on Milwaukee's south side, was last seen about noon Saturday in St. Francis, according to her son Zack Ryan.

She had planned to travel to Illinois to meet him and his family, according to a Facebook post.

Authorities responding to a vehicle fire shortly before 10 p.m. Saturday found Ryan's 2007 Pontiac G6 GT Coupé in the 36500 block of North Route 41 in Warren Township, Illinois, according to the Lake County sheriff's office.

A body was discovered inside the vehicle after the fire was extinguished and authorities were trying to determine its identity Tuesday.

'Badly burned body' found in vehicle belonging to missing Milwaukee teacher

What could have happened??

Thread #1

Last edited by a moderator:
Family holds hope for missing Milwaukee teacher

More info in this article:

Where had she been? It was around 9hrs since she was last seen in her town and was due at the game around 4:30 and her burning car was extinguished around 10pm. According to this article, the area the car was found would not have been in her route. Hopefully she will be found elsewhere and safe.

The car is quite sporty looking, carjacking perhaps??

For reference
Sons ask for answers in Milwaukee mother's mysterious death
The St. Augustine Prep business teacher was last seen in the Bay View area near Holt and Kinnickinnic Ave. Kathleen was supposed to head to Illinois later that day.

That night her body was found inside her own burning car. It was located just off Highway 41 in Lake County, but what makes this such a mystery is so far the Lake County Sheriff's Office has found no evidence she stopped anywhere in Lake County. They also have no suspects, no motive for her death and the coroner has not been able to determine how she died.

"There is nothing that has brought us to any conclusion that somebody did this to Kathleen," said Lake County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sgt. Christopher Covelli. "We don't have any evidence somebody caused this to happen to Kathleen."

But their investigation is far from over. The sheriff's office said they are still going through electronic evidence. The most recent clue released is that when Kathleen's body was found in the car, it was found in the passenger's seat.

Is this area of Bay View near Holt and Kinnickinnic Ave. KR's home address? Per Google Maps. there are condos at that address. Did she live there alone? It was the last place she was seen? Who saw her there? Where is her husband in all of this? Nothing from him before or after her car was found except for her sons to say he is devastated.

Is this area of Bay View near Holt and Kinnickinnic Ave. KR's home address? Per Google Maps. there are condos at that address. Did she live there alone? It was the last place she was seen? Who saw her there? Where is her husband in all of this? Nothing from him before or after her car was found except for her sons to say he is devastated.

And her sister who was on here.

It’s not letting me quote the penultimate post on the last thread, but about the question of where Kathleen’s keys were found, MyBelle wrote, “That's a question I have had and it seems they deliberately aren't answering. If LE thought this was accidental or suicide, the keys would be with her and they wouldn't be expending resources on further investigation.“

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but my impression was that the fire was so intense that most everything (the car and all its contents and components) was incinerated. If this car, like most newer-model autos, had a predominately plastic “key fob” instead of a conventional metal car key, surely it would’ve been burned up (except for the tiny and easy-to-overlook metal “valet key” that’s inside many such key fobs). This might be one reason this question hasn’t been answered by law enforcement—because they don’t know (or couldn’t determine) themselves!

<modsnip: off topic>

Do we have any clear indication from LE or the family of how hot/intense the fire was and/or what parts of the car survived in any recognizable form?

All of the above is MOO and speculation only!

Last edited by a moderator:
No matter what scenario is discussed, adequate explanation for the extra time she left to travel to the game and the long time between when she was expected at the game and finding the car on fire cannot be reasonable arrived at. MOO MOO

Please correct me if I’m wrong, but my impression was that the fire was so intense that most everything (the car and all its contents and components) was incinerated. If this car, like most newer-model autos, had a predominately plastic “key fob” instead of a conventional metal car key, surely it would’ve been burned up (except for the tiny and easy-to-overlook metal “valet key” that’s inside many such key fobs). This might be one reason this question hasn’t been answered by law enforcement—because they don’t know (or couldn’t determine) themselves!

A 2006 Pontiac G6 has an actual key you must insert into the ignition switch/lock that would have been made of brass. The brass key should have survived the fire since the melting point of brass is higher than the contents of the car would have burned at.

The ignition switch/lock on a 2006 Pontiac G6 is located in the dash, instead of in the steering column like most older cars that actually have keys. The dash structure that holds the ignition switch/lock is made of plastic and fiberglass. The ignition switch/lock mechanism itself is made of plastic and aluminum or die cast metal. The dash structure would have burned in the fire, the metal of the ignition switch would have melted, but the key should have survived.

If the key was in the ignition switch at the time of the fire should have been located or found on the floor under where the ignition switch should be on the dash. That is if the fireman didn't disturb it with their hose while putting out the fire.

Link to picture of ignition switch in dash: https://www.google.com/url?sa=i&rct...aw2ST-tx2-SRjTr0gFQPgOAR&ust=1558283496596278

I am not sure what over/under means ( I don't understanding betting) but I think the likelihood is that this case will never be solved definitively, since many of the answers we, and LE seek, died with KR. We can never know her state of mind which is essential for some solutions. And, the incinerated car and body, destroyed the necessary evidence to support other solutions.
I think COD will be undetermined and this will be a case without closure for her family, LE and us.

I am not sure what over/under means ( I don't understanding betting) but I think the likelihood is that this case will never be solved definitively, since many of the answers we, and LE seek, died with KR. We can never know her state of mind which is essential for some solutions. And, the incinerated car and body, destroyed the necessary evidence to support other solutions.
I think COD will be undetermined and this will be a case without closure for her family, LE and us.
"Over/under" means more than or less than.

The lack of information in this case is infuriating, isn’t it? Reassurance that it remains under investigation in BOTH Illinois and WI would be welcome news.
Yea, it's all kept secretive. Even the sons are asking!! There's states that put it out there and ask the public for help! I think something happened in the parking lot at Gurnee Mills. Look at their surveillance before anything else.

Yea, it's all kept secretive. Even the sons are asking!! There's states that put it out there and ask the public for help! I think something happened in the parking lot at Gurnee Mills. Look at their surveillance before anything else.
What's being kept "secretive" specifically, do you think? Why do you think the sons aren't being kept informed, if that's true? Do you think the police haven't checked surveillance footage at locations they feel might be important?

What's being kept "secretive" specifically, do you think? Why do you think the sons aren't being kept informed, if that's true? Do you think the police haven't checked surveillance footage at locations they feel might be important?
I don't think its a ‘what’, I think its a ‘who’ that they’re withholding. They’re waiting for the perp to be comfortable that he got away with it, brag to someone about it, or inadvertently provide clues because we all know criminals are dumber than a box of rocks.

I don't think its a ‘what’, I think its a ‘who’ that they’re withholding. They’re waiting for the perp to be comfortable that he got away with it, brag to someone about it, or inadvertently provide clues because we all know criminals are dumber than a box of rocks.
I don't see this as a kidnapping/robbery with the perp then having to walk away from it, or involving another person with a vehicle. Maybe so.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brew23p
Back