The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
62B2243F-B24B-4C32-A954-21F67D069AA0.jpeg 7CDB4C8A-AC8D-4715-B121-987383CE6902.jpeg 677A9294-9493-47D3-BF4A-9F4B727CC4EC.jpeg B2D174FC-483A-4F12-AB1F-8979C918E7E2.jpeg 15DB22F1-040D-4026-962D-AFB55896D97D.jpeg 16628105-357A-4215-92C4-5F88F3808239.jpeg Another royal wedding! Prince Harry leaves new mum Meghan at home with baby Archie to join The Queen, Philip and Pippa for third royal wedding in a year as Her Majesty's cousin Lady Gabriella Windsor marries in Windsor

Queen and Prince Harry attend Lady Gabriella Windsor's wedding | Daily Mail Online

Lady Amelia Windsor’s pink dress is hideous. I’m glad to see Her Majesty and Prince Philip looking well.

I thought that the nursery paint, grey/white, was the start of the 'gender neutral' nonsense.

Of course their child won't be gender neutral, they have to follow RF traditions in most ways for his upbringing.
unless, like myself, they give him toys for 'children', i.e. a doll if he wishes and diggers for a daughter.
Our girls had a lot of Tonka toys but it didnt make them 'gender neutral', they liked digging. And dollies too.

We loved digging, too. My sisters and I used build little towns, do town planning with our matchbox cars in the dirt... for hours on end.

Mud pies in the old cow barn... but we used to hang out with the neighbor’s cows...

And we made fancy felt clothes for our troll dolls.

Back then it was called farm life!

My mom was adverse to Barbie as were many 50’s moms. The focus was much more on nature, identifying plants and insects, bike riding, caring for our pets, cats, dogs, and a beloved guinne pig, playing with neighborhood kids, creating plays, dance to Motown, play cards, and read, things like that. And no coloring books. We made our own pictures...

We moved to a wonderful town for middle and high school years. It was then I fell in love with English church music... we all sang in the choirs. It was a great community.

One difference I think is we had hardly any television for kids... so, no onslaught of marketing.

I still have a few of my toys from childhood... brings back good memories.

Last edited:
Prince Philip shares joke with Prince Harry in rare public appearance at royal wedding
NINTCHDBPICT000490888417.jpg

Queen Elizabeth looks so tiny next to Harry!

The sleeves on Lady Amelia & Pippa's dresses are so unusual looking. I didn't care for Amelias dress at all until I zoomed in & saw the neckline, covered buttons & daisy print. It began to grow on me.

I like the color Fergie chose for her dress.

I think Beatrice looks great but I agree it is not very cheerful for a spring wedding. It is a big improvement over the horrific outfits we have seen over the years.

I think Beatrice and Sarah should have swapped colours. Sarah really suits bolder colours like greens and blues. No sign of Eugenie?

No William (he was at the FA Cup Final - leaving men everywhere wondering how the hell he managed to get away with that!) but no Kate either even though the rest of the Middletons attended. And where are Charles & Camilla?

Liked the look of James Middletons girlfriends dress - 50 quid from H&M!! (sold out)

upload_2019-5-18_23-41-29.png

Not keen on Lady Amelia's pink dress - style or print. Looks like a pre-schooler chose it and a teenager made it in home economics.

Noticed the Queens sweet little handshake with the Rev. Her Maj looks fabulous for a lady her age!

Absolutely LOVE bride Gabriella's dress, lace isn't usually my thing but the neckline is gorgeous. Also loving the tiara, think the "fringe" style is my favourite.

upload_2019-5-18_23-44-58.png

Some interesting Canadian History regarding Victoria Day

Victoria Day: Only in Canada
"Many Canadians may have the idea that Victoria Day is an internationally observed event that connects us — however quaintly and tenuously — with other remnants of the old British Empire as we collectively celebrate our colonial heritage by pulling up lawn chairs and raising a glass or a beer bottle to the tubby little Empress of Canada, India, Australia, Britain and points between."
tenor.gif

*I've never seen this portrait of Queen Vic before..
Victoria-Winterhalter-portrait-1843.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member