PA - Rachael DelTondo, 33, killed in mother's driveway on Mother's Day, Alquippa, 2018

from your link:

The mystery of who gunned down a Pennsylvania teacher in the driveway of her parents' home remains unsolved more than a year after she was killed. There are multiple leads in the death of 33-year-old Rachael DelTondo but no arrests have been made and many are blaming the lack of an arrest on an underfunded and understaffed police department.

While they may have issues with an underfunded police department, there were other LE agencies that offered to help. They should reach out and get help on the investigation if they need it.

Rachael also told her parents that she was cooperating in an ongoing investigation by state police, into alleged corruption in the Aliquippa Police Department and that she had received death threats.

"She was afraid of the police. Deathly afraid of police," Lisa DelTondo said. "She said, 'They're following me, mom. They're following me.'"

Rachael DelTondo murder: Pennsylvania teacher's killing unsolved a year later despite multiple leads - CBS News

SABBM:

Joe Perciavalle was assistant chief of police when Rachael was murdered.

"Do you think that anyone in the police department was involved in any way in Rachael's death?" Moriarty asked.

"You just never know," Perciavelle said. "Aliquippa is a small community with New York problems."

Whoa.

So, should we take that as a "Yes," then?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Definitely going to be watching that 48 hours episode tonight.

JMO.

Last edited:
Rachael DelTondo murder: Pennsylvania teacher's killing unsolved a year later despite multiple leads - CBS News

SABBM:

Joe Perciavalle was assistant chief of police when Rachael was murdered.

"Do you think that anyone in the police department was involved in any way in Rachael's death?" Moriarty asked.

"You just never know," Perciavelle said. "Aliquippa is a small community with New York problems."

JMO.

Whoa.

So, I take that as a "Yes," then?

Something is rotten in the state of Denmark.

Definitely going to be watching that 48 hours episode tonight.

Is Perciavalle still in office or retired? If he knows what happened, he should say something to state police and the FBI. The latter is supposed to investigate corruption in LE.

Is Perciavalle still in office or retired? If he knows what happened, he should say something to state police and the FBI. The latter is supposed to investigate corruption in LE.
RSBM.

I think he's still suspended. It's hard to keep up with the Aliquippa PD. I think he was the one who took over for a day or so and then got suspended.

Reminder: The CBS 48 Hours show has just begun.

Alquippa's police force works part time. They can no longer afford full time officers. Steel mills closed due to foreign competition, jobs lost.
Officers work in other towns.

Last edited:
The police report about them finding her in a car late at night talking with a student wasn't written until 1 year later. Her boyfriend was given a copy of the report and started passing it around, causing Rachel to lose her job. Info was sent by anonymous emails and text messages. Everyone believes it was Rachel's boyfriend who did sent around the emails and texts. He also sent out Rachel's SSN and DL number.

JMO, I don't believe Rachel's former friend, the one who is crying and carrying on, spreading rumors that Rachel was doing drugs, etc.

The police report about them finding her in a car late at night talking with a student wasn't written until 1 year later. Her boyfriend was given a copy of the report and started passing it around, causing Rachel to lose her job. Info was sent by anonymous emails and text messages. Everyone believes it was Rachel's boyfriend who did sent around the emails and texts. He also sent out Rachel's SSN and DL number.

JMO, I don't believe Rachel's former friend, the one who is crying and carrying on, spreading rumors that Rachel was doing drugs, etc.
That friend’s tears (or lack of actual ones) is a bit over the top. She’s not much of a friend to begin with having blurted out Rachel’s secret the way she did. I have a feeling she probably told that secret to others before the birthday party incident.

That friend’s tears (or lack of actual ones) is a bit over the top. She’s not much of a friend to begin with having blurted out Rachel’s secret the way she did. I have a feeling she probably told that secret to others before the birthday party incident.

That friend was the red flag to me too. Considering no one else was bringing up drugs, and she kept interjecting that into her interview. “You’re my best friend, were you doing drugs with him?” If a teacher is in a car with a 17 year old- drugs wouldn’t have been a question I had. I thought it was very strange.

Every time I think this case cannot get any weirder, it gets weirder.
It really does. I wonder why 48 Hours glossed over some of the incidents in this case. Why didn’t they mention or interview the policeman (father of her young 19 year old friend) who was the one who caught her and Jeter in the car and who also was suspended from the force the night of her murder?

Also why didn’t they delve into her being an informant for the State Police? I didn’t quite understand if that was a figment of her imagination or if the State Police were actually talking to her prior to her murder.

So many unanswered questions.

Why didn’t they mention or interview the policeman (father of her young 19 year old friend) who was the one who caught her and Jeter in the car and who also was suspended from the force the night of her murder?
RSBM

That's interesting. I didn't know that.

What I also find interesting that the ex-fiance's father was an Aliquippa cop.

August 16, 2016 / Beaver County Radio

Aliquippa’s new k-9 vehicle was delivered Sunday afternoon during the San Rocco celebration, according to Police Chief Don Couch. Frank Catroppa, CEO of Coast to Coast Communications donated the vehicle, and officers memorialized on the vehicle are: Willie Peluso, Jimmy Naim, Joe Catroppa, Frank’s late father, Ralph Pastine, and Chief William Alston.. Chief Couch tells Beaver County Radio News Correspondent Sandy Giordano that the police department, city and residents are grateful to Frank. He said, “We’re proud of his success, and remembering his hometown.” Officer Jim Brown is Cato’s handler.

BBM
Aliquippa K-9 Officer Gets A New Vehicle - Beaver County Radio

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong