Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't want to say it and spoil it for others but I think I hear it - 90s song?

I think we might just be doing the thing where our minds fill in the blanks to help us out though like seeing toast Jesus etc.

I think what each of us hear or even see depends on our devices and its graphics and audio quality.

I don't want to say it and spoil it for others but I think I hear it - 90s song?

I think we might just be doing the thing where our minds fill in the blanks to help us out though like seeing toast Jesus etc.

Well, I'm not filling in any blanks, respectfully. The space between "guys" and "down the hill" is showing, visibly... elevations in the sound bar. That means there is sound occurring within that space. I interpret the 4 sounds (I hear) as musical notes being sung by male voices. It's okay if others don't hear what I hear... or if they interpret what they hear differently.... but something is there, just the same and LE chose to leave it there. They could have spliced it to sound like, "Guys, down the hill" and cut out what some interpret at screeching or howling, or whatever. But they didn't do that. I don't believe, at all, that the word "guys" was spoken at the same time as "down the hill." I think even those 2 "sounds" were spliced from different time periods because I believe I can hear where the tape cuts off and another segment begins.

I think LE hasn't wasted the tiniest space or moment in producing that recording. Every second of sound you hear is there for a reason, imo.

I also don’t believe the words from BG on the audio are in succession, but snipped for some apparent reason.

Moo

Imo... exactly. And, if we're correct, then why leave those other sounds between the two splices? It's not for us... it's for BG, and anyone else who is familiar with that sound, that's why, imo.

Yeah, I totally agree with you.
I'm under no illusion that we're going to "solve" this crime. We aren't. (In fact, I think some of the social media groups who are devoted to "sleuthing" this case might even be causing it some harm.) Some cases can benefit from stranger talk, but I don't think this is one of them. It's not a matter of the members here not being skilled, because many are, it's just a matter of what kinds of information we have to work with (not much). I do enjoy talking about the case though, and I think keeping attention on it is probably one of the most helpful things we can do.
I agree with everything you said.

This is a safe place for those of us consumed with this crime and other crimes, to talk about it incessantly, without driving our family/friends crazy. I know that I won’t be solving any crimes on here but it’s therapeutic. Some of these crimes are so horrific, but for some reason it helps to talk about them, share ideas, feelings etc. MOO

Well, I'm not filling in any blanks, respectfully. The space between "guys" and "down the hill" is showing, visibly... elevations in the sound bar. That means there is sound occurring within that space. I interpret the 4 sounds (I hear) as musical notes being sung by male voices. It's okay if others don't hear what I hear... or if they interpret what they hear differently.... but something is there, just the same and LE chose to leave it there. They could have spliced it to sound like, "Guys, down the hill" and cut out what some interpret at screeching or howling, or whatever. But they didn't do that. I don't believe, at all, that the word "guys" was spoken at the same time as "down the hill." I think even those 2 "sounds" were spliced from different time periods because I believe I can hear where the tape cuts off and another segment begins.

I think LE hasn't wasted the tiniest space or moment in producing that recording. Every second of sound you hear is there for a reason, imo.

You could be right. I sure would like to know.

I just jumped ahead 10 pgs to post. Anybody know if all school employees are required to give DNA samples? I know most schools require background checks and fingerprinting....but I don't know about DNA. The perps jacket reminds me of a "school hall monitor." I don't know about Delphi area, but a lot of schools in our area have "male employees (pseudo-security)" who walk the halls/school grounds with walkie talkies and make sure everybody is safe and watching out for strangers on/around school area. "Guys, down the hill"....he is giving directions, not orders and that the young girls would comply. Just odd, that he wasn't concerned about screaming, both running off, or one fainting. Or another thought...he did not use "gals, girls, young ladies"...he is used to calling young people "guys"... I sense this perp will be found to have worked with this age group before. Is he a risk taker, or was he sure how this age group would react? But I digress. Don't know if it is just me, but BG is NOT wearing sunglasses! So, if he wearing clothes to disguise his appearance, why didn't he care about disguising his face, too with sunglasses? It is obvious he didn't care to hide his face from Abby and Libby....he already knew he wasn't going to let them live. (In writing that it makes me so angry. I assure you...HE IS A MONSTER... and one day, we will be able to look into his eyes, too.)
PS. Margarita25 Would you mind if I suggest the white thing sticking out of his collar might be safety goggles? I've made tons of notes, but decided to just throw out a few.

I listened to the audio tape at least 50 times with and without headphones. I don’t hear musical notes or anyone screaming but I hear what sounds like someone walking through water. I guess we all hear it differently

Yeah, I think it’s simply people interpreting it differently.

I don’t hear any of those things, and logically, it doesn’t make sense that those things are there.

Law enforcement hasn’t mentioned it.

No one in the media has mentioned it.

And anything in addition to “guys, down the hill,” would be a very big deal.

Nothing to see here.

Yeah, if the girls were on there screaming and someone was playing music then Radar would be all over that.

Imo... exactly. And, if we're correct, then why leave those other sounds between the two splices? It's not for us... it's for BG, and anyone else who is familiar with that sound, that's why, imo.
I think it's just the sound of his voice that's important and the tone and pitch of each word that LE is hoping someone will recognize.
It may not be a good quality recording but they have done the best they can to make it sound clear. I don't think anyone would recognize the other sounds as being anything in particular that is identifiable. Imo

I also don’t believe the words from BG on the audio are in succession, but snipped for some apparent reason.

Moo
And, I agree with both of you.

My take, I think I said before, is that the "guys" part was a greeting or acknowledgement, perhaps made with a nod of the head, perhaps showing us that there was reason to believe that the perp gained their confidence early on. I don't think any of us can know if one happened right after the other, or if there was a longer period of time between.

I just jumped ahead 10 pgs to post. Anybody know if all school employees are required to give DNA samples? I know most schools require background checks and fingerprinting....but I don't know about DNA. The perps jacket reminds me of a "school hall monitor." I don't know about Delphi area, but a lot of schools in our area have "male employees (pseudo-security)" who walk the halls/school grounds with walkie talkies and make sure everybody is safe and watching out for strangers on/around school area. "Guys, down the hill"....he is giving directions, not orders and that the young girls would comply. Just odd, that he wasn't concerned about screaming, both running off, or one fainting. Or another thought...he did not use "gals, girls, young ladies"...he is used to calling young people "guys"... I sense this perp will be found to have worked with this age group before. Is he a risk taker, or was he sure how this age group would react? But I digress. Don't know if it is just me, but BG is NOT wearing sunglasses! So, if he wearing clothes to disguise his appearance, why didn't he care about disguising his face, too with sunglasses? It is obvious he didn't care to hide his face from Abby and Libby....he already knew he wasn't going to let them live. (In writing that it makes me so angry. I assure you...HE IS A MONSTER... and one day, we will be able to look into his eyes, too.)
PS. Margarita25 Would you mind if I suggest the white thing sticking out of his collar might be safety goggles? I've made tons of notes, but decided to just throw out a few.

But with safety goggles on, he’d look not unlike an alpine skier. He needs a helmet to protect the lower part of the face. Yellow goggles, helmet, gloves. Even his stupid jacket is not out of place, then.

He could wear it on a ski slope.

ETA: even snowboard.

Google Image Result for http://www.top-travel-tips.com/image-files/skiing-clothes.jpg

Last edited:
I think it's just the sound of his voice that's important and the tone and pitch of each word that LE is hoping someone will recognize.
It may not be a good quality recording but they have done the best they can to make it sound clear. I don't think anyone would recognize the other sounds as being anything in particular that is identifiable. Imo

I agree. If anything other than the voice is significant to aid in identifying this person, I’m sure LE would mention it. Especially for others who only hear a scraping, abrasive sound such as I do.

I need to better understand where the line is drawn with respect to the responsibility of someone turning in a perp/suspect who works in an institution with kids.

Let's say someone like BG worked in a school with kids, or a church with youth groups, or a summer camp with campers, etc. And a co-worker feels strongly he could be the perp, or maybe even knows somehow that he IS the perp, other than a basic moral/societal responsibility to speak up, is there some legal or other obligation to approach LE with the info? I think Catholic priests are not required to turn confessional info over to LE.

Another angle is this: if LE knows who a perp is, but they don't have sufficient evidence yet to get an arrest warrant, are they bound in any way to alert the church, school, camp, etc.?

Hope this makes sense!

Last edited:
I need to better understand where the line is drawn with respect to the responsibility of someone turning in a perp/suspect who works in an institution with kids.

Let's say someone like BG worked in a school with kids, or a church with youth groups, or a summer camp with campers, etc. And a co-worker feels strongly he could be the perp, or maybe even knows somehow that he IS the perp, other than a basic moral/societal responsibility to speak up, is their some legal or other obligation to approach LE with the info? I think Catholic priests are not required to turn confessional info over to LE.

Another angle is this: if LE knows who a perp is, but they don't have sufficient evidence yet to get an arrest warrant, are they bound in any way to alert the church, school, camp, etc.?

Hope this makes sense!

Social workers, teachers, coaches, and many others who work with children are state mandated reporters. If they're aware that someone has abused a child then it's legally their responsibility to turn that person in. If not, they could be held responsible on down the road.

As far as LE and their role in telling the school, camp, etc. We still believe in innocent until proven guilty (in theory) in the US. Unless charges are filed or an investigation is underway and that person is named, then I am unaware of any legal reason these institutions should be alerted. If the person has not been named in an investigation then there's really nothing reportable. If LE did "tell" on them to their employer then the employee would probably have a pretty good lawsuit on their hands for, at the very least, defamation of character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteRaven