Found Deceased AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi folks I’m a first time user, so not very familiar with this site or how it works yet.
My friend was stalked and harassed by Christopher Matthew Clements when she was 19 (in 2006), she has all of the police records. While she was lucky and police officers believed her, it still wasn’t easy to serve him with papers or to keep him from attacking others.
He was a registered sex offender and was convicted of ID theft (as she found out later), but yet was still hired by a Mazda dealership (after a back ground check!). This is how she met him.
My friend has been communicating with Maribels mom. There is a high possibility this monster has murdered others (sounds like he is saying this, but only a rumor as of now). He has lived in multiple states, has moved a lot and my friend is having a really difficult time trying to find other harassment victims of his (there are more, it is certain, I can’t share how I know just yet). Police departments don’t communicate very well, so she has been calling and reaching out to every place he has lived in
This man didn’t just harass one woman and then years later murdered 2 sweet girls.
I would love to get some help and figure out how more awareness can be brought to this case and lack of police response. They were calling Maribel a runaway, even though mom knew something was wrong. How many other “runaways” are out there?

@irena owens welcome to websleuths and God bless your friend. We have no doubt there are other victims and I have difficulty understanding why with technology what it is today how LE encounters difficulty in communication with each other.
We need the laws to change so monsters like this are never free to roam.
Best of luck with your endeavor!

Hi folks I’m a first time user, so not very familiar with this site or how it works yet.
My friend was stalked and harassed by Christopher Matthew Clements when she was 19 (in 2006), she has all of the police records. While she was lucky and police officers believed her, it still wasn’t easy to serve him with papers or to keep him from attacking others.
He was a registered sex offender and was convicted of ID theft (as she found out later), but yet was still hired by a Mazda dealership (after a back ground check!). This is how she met him.
My friend has been communicating with Maribels mom. There is a high possibility this monster has murdered others (sounds like he is saying this, but only a rumor as of now). He has lived in multiple states, has moved a lot and my friend is having a really difficult time trying to find other harassment victims of his (there are more, it is certain, I can’t share how I know just yet). Police departments don’t communicate very well, so she has been calling and reaching out to every place he has lived in
This man didn’t just harass one woman and then years later murdered 2 sweet girls.
I would love to get some help and figure out how more awareness can be brought to this case and lack of police response. They were calling Maribel a runaway, even though mom knew something was wrong. How many other “runaways” are out there?
Welcome to WS @ irena owens,
I'm glad that your friend is safe and free of CMC. She was one of the lucky ones.

Now that CMC is charged with two horrific crimes in AZ, cold case detectives will have more information and better access to him -- he's not going anywhere.

Yes, victims can be judged and mistreated. Maribel thought to be a runaway, and Isa's father accused of being her killer. We've waited a longtime and all look forward to justice for these young girls.

Is there any more recent information about what is discussed in this article?
Decades of traveling and hurting girls.
Man charged in killing of Tucson girls has long, cross-country criminal record
It appears that CMC learned the best method to avoid being considered a POI for similar crimes was not to register as a sex offender.

Was he registered when Isa went missing a month after his release from prison? Was he initially interviewed with the other registered sex offenders reportedly interviewed early in the missing person investigation?

In March 2012, Christopher Matthew Clements was released from federal prison after his conviction for failure to register as a sex offender was overturned on a technicality.

Clements moved into a house two miles away from 6-year-old Isabel Celis’ midtown home, where she went missing less than a month later, in a shocking kidnapping case that struck Tucson at its core. bbm

It appears that CMC learned the best method to avoid being considered a POI for similar crimes was not to register as a sex offender.

Was he registered when Isa went missing a month after his release from prison? Was he initially interviewed with the other registered sex offenders reportedly interviewed early in the missing person investigation?

In March 2012, Christopher Matthew Clements was released from federal prison after his conviction for failure to register as a sex offender was overturned on a technicality.

Clements moved into a house two miles away from 6-year-old Isabel Celis’ midtown home, where she went missing less than a month later, in a shocking kidnapping case that struck Tucson at its core. bbm

So he only lived 2 miles away from the Celis's and was a convicted sex offender and wasn't looked at until he led them to he just body?! I'm horrified! I'm sure he killed her within hours of kidnapping her but what if LE had known he was a sex offender and been at his home the morning she was reported missing as is standard in abductions, would he have been caught sooner, was Isabel at his home:(

Isabel's was the first case I followed on websleuths and she has my heart<3

So he only lived 2 miles away from the Celis's and was a convicted sex offender and wasn't looked at until he led them to he just body?! I'm horrified! I'm sure he killed her within hours of kidnapping her but what if LE had known he was a sex offender and been at his home the morning she was reported missing as is standard in abductions, would he have been caught sooner, was Isabel at his home:(

Isabel's was the first case I followed on websleuths and she has my heart<3
Those are the questions I'd like answered.

Unfortunately -- I'm now understanding what Isa's parents meant about LE wasting precious time investigating the family, instead of focusing on the real abductor/murderer.

MOO

TUCSON, Ariz. — The arrest of Christopher Clements was a bombshell, but there may be more to his story.

The 36-year-old man is charged with raping and murdering two young girls -- Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzalez -- who were both found buried in the Arizona desert.

Police believe Clements may have other victims.

Sources say authorities are investigating Clements in connection with specific missing children cases in multiple other states. They’ve gathered information about some of the cases by talking to unlikely sources: Clements’ jail mates.

ABC15, our sister station in Phoenix, tracked down one inmate who said that Clements confessed to another crime and bragged about it.

“He said he got away with it before, and he’ll get away with it again.”

Law enforcement officials believe the information is worth listening to. The same inmate was even interviewed by the FBI.

See our exclusive interview with the inmate, tonight on ABC15 News at 10.

Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
CURATION BY

This was on the news this morning.

TUCSON, Ariz. — The arrest of Christopher Clements was a bombshell, but there may be more to his story.

The 36-year-old man is charged with raping and murdering two young girls -- Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzalez -- who were both found buried in the Arizona desert.

Police believe Clements may have other victims.

Sources say authorities are investigating Clements in connection with specific missing children cases in multiple other states. They’ve gathered information about some of the cases by talking to unlikely sources: Clements’ jail mates.

ABC15, our sister station in Phoenix, tracked down one inmate who said that Clements confessed to another crime and bragged about it.

“He said he got away with it before, and he’ll get away with it again.”

Law enforcement officials believe the information is worth listening to. The same inmate was even interviewed by the FBI.

See our exclusive interview with the inmate, tonight on ABC15 News at 10.

Copyright 2019 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
CURATION BY

This was on the news this morning.

Thanks for posting again @Istric but I'm not finding your reference for "this was on the news this morning," as the two links above are for Sept and Nov 2018.

Can you please add the current news link.

Is there something current on Kgun, and I'm missing it?

I'm so anxious for these girls to get justice.

Thank you.

Isabel Celis, Maribel Gonzalez murder suspect may have more victims
Posted: 3:39 PM, May 16, 2019

Updated: 9:30 AM, May 17, 2019
By: Dave Biscobing

poster_dbf830cd79e741908ad8242e61af9b9d.jpg

TUCSON, Ariz. - A former jail mate of Christopher Clements claims the accused child killer, who has been charged with raping and murdering < /span> two Tucson-area girls, bragged about getting away with other murders.

The inmate, Derrick Brady, spent time with Clements in Maricopa County Jail.

“The crimes he is involved in are disgusting and horrifying,” Brady wrote in a letter to our sister station in Phoenix, ABC15. “His attitude about them was cavalier to say the least…He stood at our cell door and bragged about ‘getting away with it before, and I’ll get away with it again.’”

The 36-year-old Clements was arrested last year for the deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzalez, who were both murdered and buried in a desert area outside of Tucson < /span> in separate incidents.

Sources also say law enforcement agencies are investigating Clements for specific missing children cases in Arizona and multiple states, including Oregon, Washington, and Florida.

He has a criminal record for a variety of crimes in all of those states, records show.

Brady said he was interviewed by the FBI about Clements. Law enforcement sources also said that Brady spoke with authorities.

“I told them the same things I told you,” Brady said in an interview.

In a statement, Clements’ attorneys said they were not aware of Brady’s claims and the investigations being conducted into other missing children cases. Read the full statement at the bottom of the page.

INTERVIEW WITH DERRICK BRADY

After learning authorities had interviewed Brady, ABC15 wrote to him asking if he would agree to a phone interview. [Brady is now an inmate in the state prison system, which does not allow in-person interviews.]

Brady sent back a letter agreeing to speak about his time with Clements. Below are excerpts of the phone interview and related information provided for context.

Take a look at Brady's letter below.

BISCOBING: Was that in Maricopa County Jail?

BRADY: Yeah, it was in Lower Buckeye Jail.

When police announced Clements was being charged in the murders of the two girls, he was being held in Maricopa County on unrelated burglary and fraud charges.

Clements shared a jail pod with Brady, who heard news of the arrest and went to confront him with another inmate, Cole Spencer. [Spencer has also agreed to speak with ABC15, but his interview could not be set up in time before publication.]

The two spoke to Clements outside of his jail cell.

BRADY: We told him to explain himself. He was accused of raping and murdering and burying two little girls in the desert. So, he told us to mind our own business, that we didn’t know the whole details about what was going on, and he got away with it before and he was going to get away with it again.

---

BISCOBING: Did he admit to doing it to any other children to you guys? Or to just mind your business, and I’ve gotten away with it before?

BRADY: Yeah, he said he’s gotten away with it before, and something in Oregon. Some small time in Oregon somewhere.

---

BISCOBING: Do you remember more about what he said about that?

BRADY: He said when he was younger, he was a teenager, I guess, he said when he was a teenager, he had gotten away with it in Oregon.

Clements has a criminal history in Oregon for multiple crimes.

In 1998, he was convicted of sexually abusing a small child in Oregon when Clements was a teenager. He also was convicted of failing to register as a sex offender in the state nine years later.

BISCOBING: When he said those things to you -- about the kid in Oregon, the fact that he got away with it before and he will get away with it again – describe his demeanor, his face, what was his tone like?

BRADY: He was just sure he was going to get away with it. Like he’s been doing this for years and nobody can touch him. He thought he was invincible.

Clements did not discuss other specific states or crimes to Brady or Spencer. Brady said they didn’t give him the opportunity because they had heard enough.

BRADY: Me and my celly (sic) assaulted him and beat the (expletive) out of him.

---

BRADY: After the fight, when they were handcuffing him and put us into holding tanks, he was screaming out the whole time that nobody can touch him and the cops are never going to pin anything on him. He’s gotten away with it many times before, and he wasn’t worried about it at all.

BISCOBING: So even after they were taking him away from you, he was essentially bragging about it?

BRADY: Yeah, the whole time.

Sources say investigators are hoping to speak to more of Clements’s jail mates. They believe he may have spoken about possible crimes to others.

BISCOBING: People are going to see my story, my reporting, and think this guy, meaning you, he’s not a good guy, why are we talking to him….What is it that you’re hoping, by speaking to me, will happen?

BRADY: I hope the families get closure. Closure they’ve been waiting for, for years. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Eric Kessler, Clements’ lead defense attorney, released the following statement:

The information contained in your email is new to the defense team. The prosecutor has not disclosed any such investigations, nor has the prosecution disclosed that inmate Derrick Brady, who admitted to assaulting Mr. Clements before being sentenced to the Department of Corrections until at least 2030, has information related to Mr. Clements or is otherwise cooperating with any law enforcement agency, including the FBI. This type of information is required to be disclosed to the defense in compliance with Mr. Clements' Constitutional rights and protections. It would be improper for the defense to comment upon information that as yet has not been disclosed to the defense by the prosecutor for independent analysis and verification.

The Tucson Police Department, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, Pima County Sheriff’s Office, and the FBI all declined to comment specifically about the allegations in this story or any investigations they’re conducting of Clements.

The link won't copy, but this article was updated May 16, 2019.

Isabel Celis, Maribel Gonzalez murder suspect may have more victims
Posted: 3:39 PM, May 16, 2019

Updated: 9:30 AM, May 17, 2019
By: Dave Biscobing

poster_dbf830cd79e741908ad8242e61af9b9d.jpg

TUCSON, Ariz. - A former jail mate of Christopher Clements claims the accused child killer, who has been charged with raping and murdering < /span> two Tucson-area girls, bragged about getting away with other murders.

The inmate, Derrick Brady, spent time with Clements in Maricopa County Jail.

“The crimes he is involved in are disgusting and horrifying,” Brady wrote in a letter to our sister station in Phoenix, ABC15. “His attitude about them was cavalier to say the least…He stood at our cell door and bragged about ‘getting away with it before, and I’ll get away with it again.’”

The 36-year-old Clements was arrested last year for the deaths of Isabel Celis and Maribel Gonzalez, who were both murdered and buried in a desert area outside of Tucson < /span> in separate incidents.

Sources also say law enforcement agencies are investigating Clements for specific missing children cases in Arizona and multiple states, including Oregon, Washington, and Florida.

He has a criminal record for a variety of crimes in all of those states, records show.

Brady said he was interviewed by the FBI about Clements. Law enforcement sources also said that Brady spoke with authorities.

“I told them the same things I told you,” Brady said in an interview.

In a statement, Clements’ attorneys said they were not aware of Brady’s claims and the investigations being conducted into other missing children cases. Read the full statement at the bottom of the page.

INTERVIEW WITH DERRICK BRADY

After learning authorities had interviewed Brady, ABC15 wrote to him asking if he would agree to a phone interview. [Brady is now an inmate in the state prison system, which does not allow in-person interviews.]

Brady sent back a letter agreeing to speak about his time with Clements. Below are excerpts of the phone interview and related information provided for context.

Take a look at Brady's letter below.

BISCOBING: Was that in Maricopa County Jail?

BRADY: Yeah, it was in Lower Buckeye Jail.

When police announced Clements was being charged in the murders of the two girls, he was being held in Maricopa County on unrelated burglary and fraud charges.

Clements shared a jail pod with Brady, who heard news of the arrest and went to confront him with another inmate, Cole Spencer. [Spencer has also agreed to speak with ABC15, but his interview could not be set up in time before publication.]

The two spoke to Clements outside of his jail cell.

BRADY: We told him to explain himself. He was accused of raping and murdering and burying two little girls in the desert. So, he told us to mind our own business, that we didn’t know the whole details about what was going on, and he got away with it before and he was going to get away with it again.

---

BISCOBING: Did he admit to doing it to any other children to you guys? Or to just mind your business, and I’ve gotten away with it before?

BRADY: Yeah, he said he’s gotten away with it before, and something in Oregon. Some small time in Oregon somewhere.

---

BISCOBING: Do you remember more about what he said about that?

BRADY: He said when he was younger, he was a teenager, I guess, he said when he was a teenager, he had gotten away with it in Oregon.

Clements has a criminal history in Oregon for multiple crimes.

In 1998, he was convicted of sexually abusing a small child in Oregon when Clements was a teenager. He also was convicted of failing to register as a sex offender in the state nine years later.

BISCOBING: When he said those things to you -- about the kid in Oregon, the fact that he got away with it before and he will get away with it again – describe his demeanor, his face, what was his tone like?

BRADY: He was just sure he was going to get away with it. Like he’s been doing this for years and nobody can touch him. He thought he was invincible.

Clements did not discuss other specific states or crimes to Brady or Spencer. Brady said they didn’t give him the opportunity because they had heard enough.

BRADY: Me and my celly (sic) assaulted him and beat the (expletive) out of him.

---

BRADY: After the fight, when they were handcuffing him and put us into holding tanks, he was screaming out the whole time that nobody can touch him and the cops are never going to pin anything on him. He’s gotten away with it many times before, and he wasn’t worried about it at all.

BISCOBING: So even after they were taking him away from you, he was essentially bragging about it?

BRADY: Yeah, the whole time.

Sources say investigators are hoping to speak to more of Clements’s jail mates. They believe he may have spoken about possible crimes to others.

BISCOBING: People are going to see my story, my reporting, and think this guy, meaning you, he’s not a good guy, why are we talking to him….What is it that you’re hoping, by speaking to me, will happen?

BRADY: I hope the families get closure. Closure they’ve been waiting for, for years. I hope he gets what he deserves.

Eric Kessler, Clements’ lead defense attorney, released the following statement:

The information contained in your email is new to the defense team. The prosecutor has not disclosed any such investigations, nor has the prosecution disclosed that inmate Derrick Brady, who admitted to assaulting Mr. Clements before being sentenced to the Department of Corrections until at least 2030, has information related to Mr. Clements or is otherwise cooperating with any law enforcement agency, including the FBI. This type of information is required to be disclosed to the defense in compliance with Mr. Clements' Constitutional rights and protections. It would be improper for the defense to comment upon information that as yet has not been disclosed to the defense by the prosecutor for independent analysis and verification.

The Tucson Police Department, Maricopa County Attorney’s Office, Pima County Sheriff’s Office, and the FBI all declined to comment specifically about the allegations in this story or any investigations they’re conducting of Clements.

The link won't copy, but this article was updated May 16, 2019.

Celis, Gonzalez murder suspect may have more victims

Thank you Seattle, and lstric for the links! Nice to 'see' you both on this thread.

This shouldn't be surprising to anyone, and I'm sure it isn't.

I posted right after his arrest that my opinion of CC is the same as the serial pedophile/murderer like Joe Duncan. Both are nomadic pedophiles, and serial killers, imo.

I dont believe for one second his attorneys didn't know he's being investigated for other crimes. Fgs, that was in the media early on after CC said he had put 4 bodies in the desert.

It haunts me as what other precious children he has raped, and murdered then thrown away like trash after he has brutalized, and murdered them.

CC didn't just start raping, and murdering children when he moved to AZ. Imo, he has raped, and/or killed children in every state he's been in. He is like a toxic deadly disease that spreads.

See how quickly he raped, and murdered after being released from prison? It shows the cellmate is right. CC believes he is invincible, and untouchable. That has to mean he has been doing this for years, and wasnt caught.

This case is a painful reminder that other children who are said to be abducted from their home also may have very well have been taken by their own pedophile monster just like him.

We cannot just prematurely assume the parents are the ones involved.

Imo to do so it does a disservice to these little defenseless victims, and what really happened to them, and who actually harmed them.

I can't begin to even comprehend the pain, and suffering parents go through by having a missing child or children.

Sweet beautiful Isa's partial remains weren't found until 6 years later. I've seen so many parents speak out who have children missing, and so many of them say the hardest part is not knowing where their children are or if they are scared, hungry or dead or alive. And so many have to deal with that unimaginable pain along with them being falsely accused by the internet masses. I just don't know how they are able to withstand so much pain at the worst time of their lives.

It seems they are able to find the strength through having a strong faith in God, also knowing all along they were totally innocent of the false allegations against them, but most of all their strength comes from the undying love they have for family, and their missing precious child. But it still has to all hurt them so badly especially at a time they need love, and support more than any other time in their lives.

God bless Isa, Maribel, and their loving families.

JMHO only!

Last edited:
Friday, June 14th:
*Status Hearing (@ pm PT) – AZ – Isabel Mercedes Celis (6) (April 21, 2012, Tucson, found Mar. 3, 2017, Id’ed Mar. 31, 2017) & Maribel Victoria Gonzales (13) (June 4, 2014, Tucson, found June 6, 2014, id’ed June 20, 2014) – *Christopher Matthew Clements (36) indicted (9/15/18) & arraigned (9/24/18) with 2 counts of 1st degree murder, 2 counts of kidnapping a minor under 15, 2 counts of 2nd degree burglary, 1 count of theft by controlling stolen property, 1 count of trafficking in stolen property & 14 counts of sexual exploitation of minors. Plead not guilty. $2M cash only bond. DA will seek DP.
Court hearings from 9/15/18 to 2/11/19 reference post #995 here:
AZ - Isabel Mercedes Celis, 6, Tucson, 20 April 2012 *Arrest* #26

4/15/19 Update: Defense tries to get charges of murder & kidnapping dismissed. Next hearing on 6/14.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth