CA CA - Matthew Weaver, 21, Santa Monica Mountains, 10 Aug 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can anybody show/mark his hat again in the drone image? I would like to see it to know what it looked like. Which pic was it again 732?

This is using the photos viewable online. You can see it much better in the downloaded file, but this was quicker for me to pull up.

5OTjzca.jpg

O9sSgaT.jpg

Here's that close-up shot using the photo from the downloaded file.

QRJmDSI.jpg

Thank you for posting this. I thought the red color would pop much more than it does. It is really hard to see even with the high resolution. It looks like it it is right below a cement run-off of sorts? Anybody remember whether it rained sufficiently between the time he went missing and the drone picture being taken? If so, I guess his hat could have been flushed down along the run-off area and then the tree trunk/shrubs as shown in the picture. If there wasn't any rain in that time period I guess it could mean he walked along the run-off? I would also assume that he couldn't be far from that location and we should look at the surrounding pictures.

Thank you for posting this. I thought the red color would pop much more than it does. It is really hard to see even with the high resolution. It looks like it it is right below a cement run-off of sorts? Anybody remember whether it rained sufficiently between the time he went missing and the drone picture being taken? If so, I guess his hat could have been flushed down along the run-off area and then the tree trunk/shrubs as shown in the picture. If there wasn't any rain in that time period I guess it could mean he walked along the run-off? I would also assume that he couldn't be far from that location and we should look at the surrounding pictures.

Yes we have had a ton of rain! infact California is no longer in a drought.

@crasont Do you know where in the picture the tshirt was? I understand it might not be visible in the pictures but if you happen to know the location maybe we could get a marking on the pics for that also. It might help to get some directional info (if it is his shirt of course..we don't know for sure)

@crasont Do you know where in the picture the tshirt was? I understand it might not be visible in the pictures but if you happen to know the location maybe we could get a marking on the pics for that also. It might help to get some directional info (if it is his shirt of course..we don't know for sure)

According to @wildcats821 it's 15-20 feet away from the hat. I'll double check the photos when I'm back at that computer on Monday. I'm not too hopeful I'll be able to see them.

The black circle is wear the shirt was found. Disregard the giant red circle not sure where thatcame from

QUOTE="crasont, post: 14985711, member: 207981"]According to @wildcats821 it's 15-20 feet away from the hat. I'll double check the photos when I'm back at that computer on Monday. I'm not too hopeful I'll be able to see them.[/QUOTE]

Attachments

• DB3DA55B-F275-4E14-904C-4F8FA71308B4.jpeg
    DB3DA55B-F275-4E14-904C-4F8FA71308B4.jpeg
    124.3 KB · Views: 136
Is there anything locals or non-locals can do to help generate new leads? Has this story been featured on a podcast or Nancy Grace type show?

Yes, looking at the aerial photos and posting your tips is extremely helpful for us and can be done from anywhere. Also always reposting any news articles or stories helps as well. No it has currently hasn’t been done but we are working on a couple of those. Stay tuned we will not let Matthews story die.

Yes, looking at the aerial photos and posting your tips is extremely helpful for us and can be done from anywhere. Also always reposting any news articles or stories helps as well. No it has currently hasn’t been done but we are working on a couple of those. Stay tuned we will not let Matthews story die.

I hope that new leads come in somehow. While I'd hope anyone with direct knowledge would have come forward by now - sometimes it takes a while for young people to wrap their head around these realities and do the right thing.

I had a question about what type of information is actually "actionable" vs just adding to the chaos of the investigation. ie - does it help if people are encouraged to "lower the bar" and offer less reliable, less specific insights? For example, reporting hearsay, rumors, or that shady neighbor or suspicious acting employee. Is that just garbage that slows things down?

Also, are you able to cross reference tips that came in on cases such as Elaine Park to see if there are any common tidbits about suspicious vehicles etc?

My family will continue to keep Matthew in our prayers.

I hope the investigator Jayden Brendt from Malibu who helped solve the LA actress case is working on this. He seems to have good understanding of technology and have connections in law enforcement. Maybe he can fill in some of the gaps and keep the pressure on to get answers for the family.

Is there anything locals or non-locals can do to help generate new leads? Has this story been featured on a podcast or Nancy Grace type show?
i'm a local born and raised and I have been following this story since I heard about it. This story hits close to home because I used to go to those exact areas and for parties or hikes back in HS days years ago, and it just seems so surreal to me that this could happen right there, in my own back yard, to an innocent young man that did not deserve this. My heart breaks for the family, and only makes me want to help even more. This weekend that area will most likely be populated with alot more foot traffic for the holiday weekend, but also is supposed to rain, so that might shut things down too...but here's a random thought...I haven't been up there in a couple years, but I saw a satellite pics of the area recently and looked like there was construction going on; have any workers been asked or questioned in regards to the day...or days after?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrsrb10