OH Pike County: 8 in Rhoden Family Murdered Over Custody Issue 4 Members Wagner Family Arrested#48

Status
Not open for further replies.
I never saw that! What I would like to see is when they broke through Fred's gate when they went to arrest her. According to Reader they broke right through it!

IIRC, the first mention of the Peterson Rd search was on Instagram from a news reporter who wasn't in the limelight. I'd have to get the 3,000+printed pages organized and find it. Not anytime soon. So sorry. Probably doesn't matter anyway, now that arrests have been made. I think the right people are in jail. JMO

Not sure this is the exact one you were thinking about but I found one.

Yes, that's it! Thanks. That was the day they found the BPVs at Flying W and other things at Peterson Rd. LE was being very cagey, at first denying that Franklin County was helping out or that SWAT vehicles were used. They seemed concerned about not making it look like the W's were suspects. These were the only searches news media covered as LE has mentioned many others conducted in the area.

Yes, that's it! Thanks. That was the day they found the BPVs at Flying W and other things at Peterson Rd. LE was being very cagey, at first denying that Franklin County was helping out or that SWAT vehicles were used. They seemed concerned about not making it look like the W's were suspects. These were the only searches news media covered as LE has mentioned many others conducted in the area.

I live not far from, as the crow flies, the place where the Spurlock case is still going on. Although right now it's kinda quiet, it's still active. Only one home, that was searched, was on vid, on the news. KSP had asked the news to stand back and not release the locations of the other search(es). I found one place out simply by accident. An acquaintance happened to be right there, when one of the other home searches came down. LEOs were everywhere, and it wasn't on the news at all. They don't put everything out there as much as they used to. I think they tried to keep the R/G case as close to vest as possible, but, someone tipped the news team off to the search that day. Someone thought they had them that day, is my line of thought.

I live not far from, as the crow flies, the place where the Spurlock case is still going on. Although right now it's kinda quiet, it's still active. Only one home, that was searched, was on vid, on the news. KSP had asked the news to stand back and not release the locations of the other search(es). I found one place out simply by accident. An acquaintance happened to be right there, when one of the other home searches came down. LEOs were everywhere, and it wasn't on the news at all. They don't put everything out there as much as they used to. I think they tried to keep the R/G case as close to vest as possible, but, someone tipped the news team off to the search that day. Someone thought they had them that day, is my line of thought.

Agree, there were obviously a lot of searches before the Wagners and it's good they were kept out of or got minimal coverage in the news. Most of those searches were involving people not connected to the R/G murders (thks for the abbreviation). When it comes to the Wagner raids, it was impossible to keep it secret, with the huge convoy and dozens of officers they brought along. OTOH, the showy arrest of James Manley was deeply unfair.

Agree, there were obviously a lot of searches before the Wagners and it's good they were kept out of or got minimal coverage in the news. Most of those searches were involving people not connected to the R/G murders (thks for the abbreviation). When it comes to the Wagner raids, it was impossible to keep it secret, with the huge convoy and dozens of officers they brought along. OTOH, the showy arrest of James Manley was deeply unfair.

I don't think it would have gotten out like that had JM's father not told everyone what he did and there was a device on his truck. LM didn't help him. He's outspoken, I get that. Sometimes, though, you don't want to talk to the very media that is also plastering your son's face all over the news. All that stuff was sealed iirc. We'd not known but for LM.

I don't think it would have gotten out like that had JM's father not told everyone what he did and there was a device on his truck. LM didn't help him. He's outspoken, I get that. Sometimes, though, you don't want to talk to the very media that is also plastering your son's face all over the news. All that stuff was sealed iirc. We'd not known but for LM.
Someone must have told LM to keep quiet. He went from being very vocal to total silence.

13: Edward "Jake" Wagner pretrial.

May 15: George “Billy” Wagner pretrial.

May 16: Angela Wagner pretrial.

May 23: George Wagner IV pretrial.

June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III.

June 14: Rita Newcomb pretrial.

June 26: Fredericka Wagner pretrial.

July 8 – July 11: Rita Newcomb’s trial.

July 29-Aug. 2: Fredericka Wagner’s trial.

Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys for Angela Wagner and George “Billy” Wagner III to file substantive motions.

Sept. 16: Hearing on non-substantive motions in Angela Wagner’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in her case.

Sept. 17: Hearing on non-substantive motions in George “Billy” Wagner III’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in his case
Future trial dates for the accused.

Except the Cincinnati Enquirer somehow got a hold of the search warrant which gave out the general information, and court records showed what he was arrested for. But your right, LM supplied details they otherwise would not have known.

Bobby Joe Manley and her brother James Manley took lie detector test, does anyone know if the Wagners 4 took the lie detector test and did Fredericka take the lie detector test while confessing to live at the foot of the cross quoted from James Owens?

Just to keep the dates up to date:

quote from Johnny B Bad:

May 13: June 10: Edward "Jake" Wagner pretrial.

May 15: Sept. 17: George “Billy” Wagner pretrial.

May 16: Moved to July 3: Angela Wagner pretrial.

May 23: George Wagner IV pretrial.

June 1: Deadline for prosecutors to provide all evidence to attorneys for Angela Wagner, George Wagner IV, and George “Billy” Wagner III.

June 14: Rita Newcomb pretrial.

June 26: Fredericka Wagner pretrial.

July 8 – July 11: Rita Newcomb’s trial.

July 29-Aug. 2: Fredericka Wagner’s trial.

Sept. 1: Deadline for defense attorneys for Angela Wagner and George “Billy” Wagner III to file substantive motions.

Sept. 16: Hearing on non-substantive motions in Angela Wagner’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in her case.

Sept. 17: Hearing on non-substantive motions in George “Billy” Wagner III’s case. Deadline for prosecutors to file written responses to substantive motions in his cas
e
Future trial dates for the accused.

Bobby Joe Manley and her brother James Manley took lie detector test, does anyone know if the Wagners 4 took the lie detector test and did Fredericka take the lie detector test while confessing to live at the foot of the cross quoted from James Owens?

No. There has never been any mention anywhere about any of the Wagner's taking lie detectors. If they had its my opinion that their attorney would have released that information.

Their attorney released a whole litany of the ways the Wagner's had cooperated with LE, including giving information on Chris's business associates, but no mention of polygraph tests. (Regarding business associates, it's my opinion that Chris Sr. is the one they are talking about.)

Clark said the family has "cooperated 110 percent" and have specifically:
  • Provided laptops, phones and DNA willingly to authorities.
  • Agreed to repeated interviews with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation agents in the last year.
  • Told authorities they were traveling - and then moving - to Alaska, a place they have contemplated relocating for a decade.
  • Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.
  • "The authorities (using the media) want the public to believe that the Wagners are responsible and have absconded," Clark said. "If that were true, why would the Wagners have come forward on their own and agreed to give whatever limited information they had?"
  • Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

Last edited:
No. There has never been any mention anywhere about any of the Wagner's taking lie detectors. If they had its my opinion that their attorney would have released that information.

Their attorney released a whole litany of the ways the Wagner's had cooperated with LE, including giving information on Chris's business associates, but no mention of polygraph tests. (Regarding business associates, it's my opinion that Chris Sr. is the one they are talking about.)

Clark said the family has "cooperated 110 percent" and have specifically:
  • Provided laptops, phones and DNA willingly to authorities.
  • Agreed to repeated interviews with the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Investigation agents in the last year.
  • Told authorities they were traveling - and then moving - to Alaska, a place they have contemplated relocating for a decade.
  • Offered information to the BCI on business associates of one of the victims.
  • "The authorities (using the media) want the public to believe that the Wagners are responsible and have absconded," Clark said. "If that were true, why would the Wagners have come forward on their own and agreed to give whatever limited information they had?"
  • Lawyer: Mike DeWine is harassing family in Rhoden case that moved to Alaska

The Wagner lawyers might not have been so quick to say they took a polygraph if they did and failed. If that happened, my guess is they just wouldn't bring it up at all. If they really, truly cooperated 110%, they wouldn't have told so many lies to LE.

The Wagner lawyers might not have been so quick to say they took a polygraph if they did and failed. If that happened, my guess is they just wouldn't bring it up at all. If they really, truly cooperated 110%, they wouldn't have told so many lies to LE.

...My 2 Cents......

I wonder if the Wagner's refused to take polygraph tests and that was one reason LE suspected them? 2 of the Rhoden cousins refused to take them but the Manleys agreed to do so, thus making them look less guilty just for taking them.

If the Wagner's lied to LE that means they did not cooperate and instead tried to mislead the investigation and, in my opinion, would have avoided taking lie detectors tests. If they are found innocent I will think they cooperated, even without polys.

Acquitted = Wagner's cooperated and didn't lie.
Guilty = Wagner's lied and mislead investigators.

As you know, everything rides on the verdicts the Juries bring back, and what charges they are found guilty of. Just because there are over 20 charges does not mean they will be found guilty of every single one of them. Prosecutors throw a lot of changes to see what "sticks".

Last edited:
...My 2 Cents......

I wonder if the Wagner's refused to take polygraph tests and that was one reason LE suspected them? 2 of the Rhoden cousins refused to take them but the Manleys agreed to do so, thus making them look less guilty just for taking them.

If the Wagner's lied to LE that means they did not cooperate and instead tried to mislead the investigation. If they are found innocent I will think they cooperated, even without polys, but if found guilty then I will think the Wagner's did not cooperate but just told all those lies LE mentioned.
And if found guilty I will be inclined to assume the Wagner's avoided taking lie detectors tests.

Acquitted = Wagner's cooperated and didn't lie.
Guilty = Wagner's lied and mislead investigators.

I wish I could say I felt the same. Is OJ any less guilty because he was found not guilty? How about Caylee Anthony's mom? The list goes on and on unfortunately. People who are cooperating generally don't stalk and spy for years in advance of a very well planned homicide. People that truly cooperate are open and honest. Wagner's simply don't have the ability to be open and honest.

If they aren't found guilty, it wouldn't be the first time justice failed. That's all it would be. Failed justice. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the outcome that none of them die of old age anyway. They caused such a big unhealing wound in the R, M, and G family. They have waited for justice. Been exceptionally patient. If they are denied justice in one way, they may look for another.

I wish I could say I felt the same. Is OJ any less guilty because he was found not guilty? How about Caylee Anthony's mom? The list goes on and on unfortunately. People who are cooperating generally don't stalk and spy for years in advance of a very well planned homicide. People that truly cooperate are open and honest. Wagner's simply don't have the ability to be open and honest.

If they aren't found guilty, it wouldn't be the first time justice failed. That's all it would be. Failed justice. I wouldn't be surprised if that were the outcome that none of them die of old age anyway. They caused such a big unhealing wound in the R, M, and G family. They have waited for justice. Been exceptionally patient. If they are denied justice in one way, they may look for another.

The odds are in the prosecution's favor. Most DP cases get a guilty verdict, however, some attorneys like Freds, have a high acquittal record.

If found not guilty I will look at the evidence and decide for myself. The evidence will finally be available to see, including the defense evidence which the prosecution requested recently. ( Someone had posted a Motion on it.)

...My 2 Cents.......

The odds are in the prosecution's favor. Most DP cases get a guilty verdict, however, some attorneys like Freds, have a high acquittal record.

If found not guilty I will look at the evidence and decide for myself. The evidence will finally be available to see, including the defense evidence which the prosecution requested recently. ( Someone had posted a Motion on it.)

...My 2 Cents.......

Feels like that will be a thousand years from now. I may take up drinking if I have to see many more pretrials.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken