Found Deceased TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I missed the word *tissue* in the document at the clerk's office.

ETA, I reviewed it and I still don't see the word tissue anywhere. Perhaps you are referring to the toothbrush which had DNA on it? And that would not be blood?
It was QX who used the word tissue and said it was found in the drain system. I believe it was to support his claim that the body was dismembered.
His entire first interview is filled with insinuation and exaggeration so I think that's why it was said that we can't rely on anything he says as being fact.
That was probably the reason behind the second interview with Brittany, he had said some damaging things and revealed information about little Maleah being abused in the past.
He had to repair the damage he likely caused to the investigation, since there is now a gag order in place that does not allow any information from the CPS documents to be discussed.
But either way, he has managed to make his "client" look even worse, in the process of pointing the finger at Derian, who is most likely guilty of murder.
Whatever claims of abuse there were now have to be denied, which now makes BB look like she was not being truthful.
But I do think she is well aware that she was neglectful, and whether she was away at the time or not it may have still been the case that whatever happened still would have resulted in the child's death.
I think it's very possible that the previous injuries caused to Maleah long before that week the events unfolded may have contributed to her death, whether accidental or not. Imo

I’m sorry, but was someone reported somewhere as being diagnosed with a narcissistic personality disorder somewhere that I’d missed? If so, please add a link.

So you don't think a mother who puts her romantic needs ahead of her child's need to survive, is a narcissist?

No one has been diagnosed but the people in the cases we research on websleuths tend to follow a pattern.

One thought that I can’t shake is based off the pictures/videos LE has released to the press. We know a medically fragile 4 year old was brought home where only two adults lived. One adult went to work that day, one adult went to the airport. Clearly, DV knew the child was at home when he went to work. I think what LE is trying to find out is if mom knew the child was at home. No one is officially confirming when mom left for the airport, which LE must know because of videos and flight information. No one from the daycare is coming forward with the reason DV gave for not dropping her off. IMO, it is possible that MD was sick and neither adult wanted to stay home. The adults fight about THAT and neither stays with poor medically fragile and sick 4 year old MD. Something tragic happens to her while she’s alone and then it’s cover your butt time because they are already being investigated by CPS. We know DV hasn’t been charged with murder yet, and LE hasn’t released when mom went to the airport which could clear her in the eyes of the public. MOO is that LE wants to know if mom knew her daughter was home alone when she got on that plane.

I noted that he touched her arm as soon as she said the words "and Maleah had fallen" in her interviewed, and then she hesitated and he continued to speak and said we shall not speak of this. I think she's trying to avoid perjury?

She's trying to avoid child endangerment charges, IMO. Or child abuse charges for that injury due to any incriminating statement.

I haven't been able to keep up with this case as much or as closely as I would have liked; I know we are all wondering when mom left for her flight and which flights she was scheduled to be traveling on. What details do we know regarding the flights? What time did she say she had her mother pick her up? It was late at night if I remember correctly, wasn't it? What time did ex fiance report leaving for the airport before the "fake ambush by 3 men?" Was it ever reported how long she had waited prior to finding an alternate ride home or what time they got home?

Thanks and sorry for asking questions I know have already been discussed & answered in previous threads.
It has not been reported what time BB's flight left but QX said in a recent interview that she was in the apartment for an hour to an hour and a half after DV returned with MD, but was unaware that DV had brought MD back home. Further details:
  • Per the criminal complaint, DV stated to police that on Friday, May 3, 2019, at around 7 pm, he left the apt. with 2 children, MD and KV.
  • 6:47 p.m. DV is seen on camera leaving with only the 2-year-old, and not Maleah.
  • Approx. 9 p.m. According to what DV told the police, he was driving a silver 2011 Nissan Altima with TX paper tags 3092G9 to IAH with Maleah and her 2-year-old brother to pick up BB, who was returning from her father's funeral in MA.
  • DV told police he heard a popping noise and pulled over near Hwy 6 and Greens Rd when a blue, 2010 Chevrolet pu w/crew cab pulled behind him and two Hispanic males got out. One of them said Maleah looks “very nice,” “looks very sweet.” The other male hit DV on the head and he lost consciousness. The Altima was allegedly stolen.
  • DV said he was in and out of consciousness, but at one point he was in the back of the truck with his son and Maleah and there were then three suspects in the vehicle.
  • DV told police that the suspects in the truck would stab him when his son "KV" cried out.
  • BB’S flight was originally supposed to arrive at 10:07 p.m. BB2 spoke with her when BB was in Charlotte. They also texted and BB2 was aware that BB’s flight was delayed.
  • About midnight, BB2 texted BB to ask if she was almost home and BB texted that she was still at the airport waiting on DV to pick her up.
  • At 12:50 a.m., BB texted BB2 and asked her to pick her up.
  • BB and BB2 went to the apt. but BB did not have her house keys and she ended up going to BB2’ house for the night with BB2
AMBER ALERT - TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Houston, 5 May 2019 *EX-FIANCÉ ARRESTED* #7

There was a gag order put in place regarding discussion of the CPS issues.

Search area expands and gag order issued in Maleah Davis case

While the search continues, a legal order is complicating the case in court. A gag order has been issued ordering attorneys and the media to strict confidentiality of the CPS records involving Maleah's family.

The order says that if the release of this information continues, the pre-trial publicity will interfere with rights to a fair trial.​

She's not an attorney or the media.

So you don't think a mother who puts her romantic needs ahead of her child's need to survive, is a narcissist?

No one has been diagnosed but the people in the cases we research on websleuths tend to follow a pattern.
I believe I have neither the solid information, nor expertise necessary to come to that conclusion.

I've read all the threads, but can anyone help me out with where QX got the information about he dismemberment from in that 2nd interview?

QX seems to be escalating the situation to bring attention to QX. Sensationalism is the key element here.

Anything QX says, hasn't been in the favor of BB. He is the one who said that DV had been abusive to Maleah previously, which made BB look like the worst Mother EVER, to leave her medically fragile child with a caregiver who had already abused her!

BB would be better served to cut QX to the curb. He is not an attorney. Anything BB says to QX is fair game in court. QX could find himself with a subpoena, testifying for the prosecution, against BB!

I would not believe anything QX says. He has inserted himself in this situation, just for his own narcissism.

True, and I think there are a lot of parents out there who put their needs first and think of their kids as extensions of themselves. I used to deal with them every day. Imo

No, but this brings up an issue, if DV was wealthy, he wouldn't be in jail right now. He would have put up his cash bond. Our system of "justice" is biased towards people who have assets.

I don't care that DV is in jail, he deserves it. But I don't like the inequity in the system.

It certainly has an affect no doubt. At least in criminal cases, the person is entitled to representation; the ones that bother me more so are like custody where the one with the assets can afford the attorney and the one without that type of money cannot or has no representation and that is not always the better parent. It is a conversation to be had for sure.

To relate it back to this case though, does the $45,000.00 here mean 10 percent or is it total cash bond needed? If it is total, that would for many people take someone probably refinancing a home, taking out an equity line, etc. and would often take some time or as you say, may not be able to be raised in some cases. I am just going to guess in his case as well it would have to be a relative because nothing indicates he had any assets. That is not meant in a derogatory way, I am just going by the way it seems, vehicle not running, etc.

I personally would consider him a flight risk but I guess he has no priors the way it sounds and was arrested without incident. He also is not on a murder charge thus far so I guess I understand the lowering of it.

Bail alone is a conversation of its own, different states vary so much but even more surprising, different counties within a state can vary quite a bit I have noticed. Your remarks with regard to people with money versus those with none in the system is definitely a conversation as well. For sure.

Sorry Gitana, who are you referring to?
Maybe Brittany?
I think since she was doing an interview with the media, and QX is representing her, he was avoiding any questions that would involve her revealing anything about DV abusing the child.
I'm surprised they asked her those questions in the first place. Imo

@ilovechili I am pretty sure that DV's extended family members could rally and find $4500 in cash, with $45,000 in assets for a bond. What is telling here, is that no one is really going out there to help him. That says a lot about what they think. And maybe the type of person he is...

The discussion about poverty and bail is important, not something that anyone really brings up. It affects immigrants and minorities. An issue of invisible privilege that few acknowledge.

It certainly has an affect no doubt. At least in criminal cases, the person is entitled to representation; the ones that bother me more so are like custody where the one with the assets can afford the attorney and the one without that type of money cannot or has no representation and that is not always the better parent. It is a conversation to be had for sure.

To relate it back to this case though, does the $45,000.00 here mean 10 percent or is it total cash bond needed? If it is total, that would for many people take someone probably refinancing a home, taking out an equity line, etc. and would often take some time or as you say, may not be able to be raised in some cases. I am just going to guess in his case as well it would have to be a relative because nothing indicates he had any assets. That is not meant in a derogatory way, I am just going by the way it seems, vehicle not running, etc.

I personally would consider him a flight risk but I guess he has no priors the way it sounds and was arrested without incident. He also is not on a murder charge thus far so I guess I understand the lowering of it.

Bail alone is a conversation of its own, different states vary so much but even more surprising, different counties within a state can vary quite a bit I have noticed. Your remarks with regard to people with money versus those with none in the system is definitely a conversation as well. For sure.
Yes, it is cash that is required and I doubt the family has the means to come up with the money. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong