ACTIVE SEARCH SD - Serenity Dennard, 9, Children’s Home Society, Pennington County, 3 Feb 2019 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
When a person or facility delays so long in calling the police on a missing child, something is wrong! Something is being cleaned up to coverup what really happened! Or what the facility knew was grossly improper at the home.

Serenity may have run away, but what took over 90 minutes to call 911? IIRC.
Super Bowl fever.
MOO

I think that the area was so rural, there really weren't any houses around.
FEB 5: UPDATE: Search for missing 9-year-old transitions to recovery effort
[...]

The Pennington County Sheriff's Office said it has not ruled out the possibility that she found some place warm to shelter or that someone picked her up.

[...]

For three days deputies having been going door-to-door speaking with neighbors and looking in outbuildings, log piles, hay bales, and anywhere a child might hide or take refuge.

[...]

Yes it was, and only 20 people attended. Why would that be? I don't think it was because people in the area just don't care about Serenity.

She has 6 parents, a bio, adoptive, and step mother and a bio, adoptive, and step father. Were any of them there?

It appears that only one parent attended the birthday celebration that was organized by LD.

4,800 people follow her on her social media page and yet only 21 people have donated to her online fundraiser for Serenity.

SBM

Serenity's adoptive mom and her husband and bio dad were at the vigil and also attended the search that Lynne organized.

Bio dad and Adoptive mom were at the bday event..

There are pictures on Lynne's FB and they are also mentioned in the videos.

The Dennards have voiced their opinions according to Lynne (again on her FB page) so it is unlikely they or those close to them would attend an event put on by Lynne based on what Lynne says.

SBM

Serenity's adoptive mom and her husband and bio dad were at the vigil and also attended the search that Lynne organized.

Bio dad and Adoptive mom were at the bday event..

There are pictures on Lynne's FB and they are also mentioned in the videos.

The Dennards have voiced their opinions according to Lynne (again on her FB page) so it is unlikely they or those close to them would attend an event put on by Lynne based on what Lynne says.
Thank for posting that info!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the Dennards would unlikely attend an event put on by Lynne?

Why haven't they organized any events to keep Serenity's name out there? Actually, it's very possible that an event put on by one of the parents would draw a larger crowd. Or do they feel this should be left up to LE to handle and organizing events serves no purpose?

I imagine there had to be plans made what to do with the children and who was going to search. I would hope there was some organization and discussion as to how to proceed.

Actually, there were all sorts of issues that impacted how staff responded. No one really wanted to take the leave, staff not being trained properly, etc..

In this link is a summary of the the two reports made public regarding issues that BHCH had to correct. The two reports are also linked in that article so a person can see more details.

Gov. Noem working to ensure transparency in Serenity Dennard case - KNBN NewsCenter1[/QUOTE]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank for posting that info!

Can you elaborate on what you mean by the Dennards would unlikely attend an event put on by Lynne?

Why haven't they organized any events to keep Serenity's name out there? Actually, it's very possible that an event put on by one of the parents would draw a larger crowd. Or do they feel this should be left up to LE to handle and organizing events serves no purpose?

My understanding is that adoptive dad, CD and his wife KD were not impressed with Lynne interviewing adoptive mom, her husband, bio mom, and bio dad. According to Lynne (per her FB page), CD was supposedly talking with Lynne about a possible interview up until she interviewed DG. After DG's interview aired that ceased.

Since all of that CD's family and friends have commented on Lynne's page regarding their feelings but not as much lately.

I think there is more to it regarding the Dennards also being upset with some of what Lynne has said based on some things I have seen online.

I am not sure why the Dennards haven't put on an event. The articles where they were interviewed really didn't say. Of course there are all sorts of rumors and stuff on FB but who knows what is true there.

I don't think I can say more and say within TOS. Sorry. Lynne's FB page may give you some more insight too because she does address her side of it.

MOO

So it must have been totally unorganized. No plan on where to search or how.

Needy kids. Untrained staff. No one in charge.

I wonder if it would have made much difference. Because of the temp, she had to succumb within 1/2 hour.

So it must have been totally unorganized. No plan on where to search or how.

Needy kids. Untrained staff. No one in charge.

I wonder if it would have made much difference. Because of the temp, she had to succumb within 1/2 hour.
So how far could she have traveled in a 1/2 hr in that terrain? Not far. So why hasn't she been found?

My understanding is that adoptive dad, CD and his wife KD were not impressed with Lynne interviewing adoptive mom, her husband, bio mom, and bio dad. According to Lynne (per her FB page), CD was supposedly talking with Lynne about a possible interview up until she interviewed DG. After DG's interview aired that ceased.

Since all of that CD's family and friends have commented on Lynne's page regarding their feelings but not as much lately.

I think there is more to it regarding the Dennards also being upset with some of what Lynne has said based on some things I have seen online.

I am not sure why the Dennards haven't put on an event. The articles where they were interviewed really didn't say. Of course there are all sorts of rumors and stuff on FB but who knows what is true there.

I don't think I can say more and say within TOS. Sorry. Lynne's FB page may give you some more insight too because she does address her side of it.

MOO
Her page indicates that some people have contacted John Walsh and others who would be helpful in covering the case but they won't become involved unless the request comes from either the family or LE.

It also states that the money she is raising is for a reward fund for tips leading to her whereabouts. I don't know of anyone who would be more likely to call in a tip if there was a reward, as compared to calling in a tip if there is not a reward.

I think when she took off she was determined. It also sounded like she was good at hiding (I can’t get over the hole in the drywall w/ the dresser pulled in front of it). I can even see a scenario where she could hear her name being called and not respond.

Perhaps she fell and really hit her head and unconscious. That’s tough terrain surrounding that home.

If there wasn’t a witness that saw her outside of the home unattended, I don’t know how much I would believe she actually took off.

The search to find her has been incredible. It’s puzzling because she was a child, how far could she have gone? But, then I think of her running on adrenaline and of course not thinking of the absolute danger she was in.

There is a tiny tiny part of me that questions the timeline given by the staff but then I think would it be possible for that many adults to all lie if only one was responsible for her going missing? I don’t know....

I’m also bothered by the dogs that are alerting to remains (of some sort) and it’s not far from the home.

So how far could she have traveled in a 1/2 hr in that terrain? Not far. So why hasn't she been found?

Because I believe that she was gone for far longer than 1/2 hour before they started looking, then, it started snowing, and was a blizzard by dark. Four days of blizzard and below zero weather. I am surprised dogs can scent anything.

At that time, creeks didn't have any ice, there was a melt, so, if there are any streams around, she could have gone to get a drink, fallen in, snowed over, and then with the run off, her body could be anywhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, she got a decent head start on responders. I also think about the weather and I don’t see how anyone could stay hidden and tough that out. You’re going to start moving but the cold weather would start to shut your body down at some point.

Too bad there wasn’t snow already on the ground when she took off, that would have been considerably easier to follow.

If someone did happen upon her and take her, I hate to say it but I would rather hear she got tired and died of hypothermia vs. a scenario where someone took her. Because that would be absolutely awful. I still think we would have the same end result.... a deceased child. IMO

Her page indicates that some people have contacted John Walsh and others who would be helpful in covering the case but they won't become involved unless the request comes from either the family or LE.

It also states that the money she is raising is for a reward fund for tips leading to her whereabouts. I don't know of anyone who would be more likely to call in a tip if there was a reward, as compared to calling in a tip if there is not a reward.

I agree!

I saw multiple comments from people all over saying they reached out to John Walsh, Dateline, Dr. Phil, Nancy Grace, and multiple media sources for more national coverage but many stated that they wanted the parents to talk to them. I don't see that happening since it hasn't already happened. I can understand why reporters, and such would want the parents or LE involved if they were to cover the story though.

I don't think a reward will help in this case but maybe I am wrong. I think they are also reaching for anything and everything at this point to get people's attention to Serenity missing.

MOO

I agree!

I saw multiple comments from people all over saying they reached out to John Walsh, Dateline, Dr. Phil, Nancy Grace, and multiple media sources for more national coverage but many stated that they wanted the parents to talk to them. I don't see that happening since it hasn't already happened. I can understand why reporters, and such would want the parents or LE involved if they were to cover the story though.

I don't think a reward will help in this case but maybe I am wrong. I think they are also reaching for anything and everything at this point to get people's attention to Serenity missing.

MOO
Lynne is starting to remind me of the Boy Scout who wanted to do a good deed so helped an old lady cross the street. The problem was, the old lady didn't want to cross the street.

I'm still scratching my head over the fact that a State Senator, of all people, who claims to have cared about missing people long before this case, doesn't know the criteria for an Amber Alert for her state. And she went on facebook live and proclaimed LE didn't issue one and it would have been an option---which it wasn't.

Because I believe that she was gone for far longer than 1/2 hour before they started looking, then, it started snowing, and was a blizzard by dark. Four days of blizzard and below zero weather. I am surprised dogs can scent anything.

At that time, creeks didn't have any ice, there was a melt, so, if there are any streams around, she could have gone to get a drink, fallen in, snowed over, and then with the run off, her body could be anywhere.
Far longer than half an hour? The accounts have the staff looking inside for roughly 15 minutes, until she was actually seen outside. At that point, the search shifted to outside, but she was already up on the street when she was spotted, and it took a few minutes after that before the people who spotted her went to find her and couldn't, and the staff went out and also couldn't find her. What makes you think there was no outside search for "far longer than half an hour" given the fact that she was seen outside just 15 minutes after she ran?

As for the creeks, at the time she ran, it was already down to 20 degrees with a brisk wind.

It takes two hours to search under beds,etc?
Just because they didn't call 911 for something like an hour and 40 minutes does not mean that they spent the entire time searching inside. They did say the search started inside, but she was spotted outside just 15 minutes after she left, so the search would have shifted, at least partially. Highly likely when she wasn't immediately found outside, they kept searching both inside and outside. But don't make the assumption that they didn't search outside until 911 was called.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie