The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fun quiz to celebrate Meghan and Harry's first anniversary. I got Princess Diana :)

Which Royal Bride Is Your Wedding Twin?
@BetteDavisEyes You know how I your quizzes but I was stumped by the 1st question (Veils) I was optimistic when tiaras came up :p but sadly didn't get much further.
Rings, dress, hair styles ... but the knock-out was I just could not for the life of me pick any option as my Prince Charming?? :oops:
Sadly I had to concede defeat & admit the 'technical' lingo was was over my head
ee7b4fb9880ef3c8ee19626cdc14bf5c.png

I found this article comparing the 4 **TIARAS** very informative. The tiaras for recent brides Gabriella, Meghan, Eugenie, and also Kate are shown, compared and priced. It's probably been posted before, but who can keep up here.

How Lady Gabriella's tiara compares to Meghan, Kate and Eugenie’s - and price

I thought Lady Gabriella's dress was exquisite, she was radiant, and the whole event looked so joyous and gorgeous. Everyone was beautiful and happy. My favorite look was actually Pippa, love the dress and headpiece and color.
i-love-you-229.png

I got Princess Eugenie. Gabriella's dress was my favorite. I think Meghan's dress was too bright of a white for me. I don't like anything that is 'refrigerator' white. I prefer the soft white. Meghan's dress looked too hot for a Spring day.
Of course where I am, it is 90 degrees, not sure what the temps were last year in London. The Stella dress totally rocked.

Meghan's veil was gorgeous.

I agree and think the Duchess of Sussex’s dress was too plain it neeed a bling belt or something. The temperature was 18 degrees that day in Windsor. I prefer the Duchess of Cambridge’s dress of all the dresses and think it will still look great in the decades ahead.

Last edited:
I agree and think the Duchess of Sussex’s dress was too plain it neeed a bling belt of something. The temperature was 18 degrees that day in Windsor. I prefer the Duchess of Cambridge’s dress of all the dresses and think it will still look great in the decades ahead.

Yesssssss
Loved her dress so much! Hers and Eugenie’s very much loved in recent years.

Diana’s will always hold a special place in my heart to me though. At the age of 8, watching her in the coach just surrounded by white fluff, looking every bit of a princess already to me, it’s what started my love for her.

I did see Diana’s in person when they did the Diana: A Celebration Tour in America and one stop was West Palm beach several years ago (Absolutely amazing show case)
It was magical to see in real life (they did not say if it was a replica but I had my thoughts) the glass box was huge as you could imagine as the train is 25 feet long. I have read her “autobiography” and she did state she needed a big dress not only because of being on TV but because they were married in ST Paul’s Cathedral which is absolutely huge; she needed to fill out the aisle.

But back to it... It was like seeing the Mona Lisa, or like seeing Archie Bunker’s chair at the Smithsonian hahaha. It was seeing history for me. Loved it. It was gorgeous. It sparkled. It shimmered. It was larger than life.

It was Diana.

View attachment 185145 View attachment 185146 View attachment 185147 View attachment 185148 View attachment 185149 View attachment 185150 View attachment 185151

More photos from Lady Gabriella Windsor’s wedding yesterday. I wonder if Princess Beatrice will be next to get married. I liked Ms. Sophie Winkleman’s blue feathered coat dress best but don’t like what Princess Anne was wearing.

Inside Gabriella Windsor’s intimate wedding reception: Guests share snaps from fun-filled bash | Daily Mail Online
The textured stitching in her dress is simply stunning. Never seen that before.

Yesssssss
Loved her dress so much! Hers and Eugenie’s very much loved in recent years.

Diana’s will always hold a special place in my heart to me though. At the age of 8, watching her in the coach just surrounded by white fluff, looking every bit of a princess already to me, it’s what started my love for her.

I did see Diana’s in person when they did the Diana: A Celebration Tour in America and one stop was West Palm beach several years ago (Absolutely amazing show case)
It was magical to see in real life (they did not say if it was a replica but I had my thoughts) the glass box was huge as you could imagine as the train is 25 feet long. I have read her “autobiography” and she did state she needed a big dress not only because of being on TV but because they were married in ST Paul’s Cathedral which is absolutely huge; she needed to fill out the aisle.

But back to it... It was like seeing the Mona Lisa, or like seeing Archie Bunker’s chair at the Smithsonian hahaha. It was seeing history for me. Loved it. It was gorgeous. It sparkled. It shimmered. It was larger than life.

It was Diana.

It must have been amazing to see Princess Diana’s dress in person thank you for sharing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrak