Found Deceased WI - Kathleen Ryan, adult, teacher, car found burned with body inside, St. Francis, 2 Feb 2019 #2

I don't see it as an unknown perp either. <modsnip: referenced post was removed>
Thanks, yes, add the percentage of people who are killed by someone known to them, plus the percentage of people who kill themselves, and the remaining number, those killed by strangers, is not large. And then factor in the setting here. Tiny chance. I'd guess < 20%.

Last edited by a moderator:
What's being kept "secretive" specifically, do you think? Why do you think the sons aren't being kept informed, if that's true? Do you think the police haven't checked surveillance footage at locations they feel might be important?
Don't know. You'd have to ask LE not me. It's been a long time with nothing much being said either way. This is huge IMO a woman burned up in her car.

What's being kept "secretive" specifically, do you think? Why do you think the sons aren't being kept informed, if that's true? Do you think the police haven't checked surveillance footage at locations they feel might be important?

We don’t know what we don’t know and there are gaps that need to be filled, the timeline is on top of the list. I don’t think Kathleen’s sons would go to local media if they had insights from LE.

We don’t know what we don’t know and there are gaps that need to be filled, the timeline is on top of the list. I don’t think Kathleen’s sons would go to local media if they had insights from LE.
I think LE quite possibly encouraged the sons to use the media in attempting to gain info. Much more effective to have the bereaved front and center to maybe jar some info loose?

Also, what we don't know we still can conjecture (in keeping with TOS anyway).

I would hope that if family thinks she would have gone to a mall, they told police at the time. Getting video now would be very difficult.

I can’t see anyone “slipping up” i.e. bragging about setting a car on fire with a woman inside. I sure hope LE is not waiting for that to happen, jmo

I think LE quite possibly encouraged the sons to use the media in attempting to gain info. Much more effective to have the bereaved front and center to maybe jar some info loose?

Also, what we don't know we still can conjecture (in keeping with TOS anyway).

If police had told them to go to media, they usually are with the family and call a press conference themselves...have never heard of police telling a family to do it on their own...jmo

If police had told them to go to media, they usually are with the family and call a press conference themselves...have never heard of police telling a family to do it on their own...jmo
Perhaps I should have phrased that, "did not discourage" the sons from speaking to media.

It is possible that LE may make up its mind because the medical examiner issues a COD. I doubt LE would make a decision without that, how could they.
Not sure they will ever have a true COD - manner of death will be died as result of vehicle fire. With nothing suggesting an outside agency caused the fire, LE has two choices, either take the step to call the cause suicide, or to leave the cause open but to indicate that lack of external evidence suggests self-harm. I think they have concrete evidence and will rule suicide shortly.

Not sure they will ever have a true COD - manner of death will be died as result of vehicle fire. With nothing suggesting an outside agency caused the fire, LE has two choices, either take the step to call the cause suicide, or to leave the cause open but to indicate that lack of external evidence suggests self-harm. I think they have concrete evidence and will rule suicide shortly.
Very interesting you think that this decision and ruling will be made this week. Any reason why?

Very interesting you think that this decision and ruling will be made this week. Any reason why?
I think they want to move on from it because it's as solved as it is likely to get, and the transition between seasons, between spring and summer, between school and work and vacation, creates a psychological corridor. If not this week then quite soon.

I think they want to move on from it because it's as solved as it is likely to get, and the transition between seasons, between spring and summer, between school and work and vacation, creates a psychological corridor. If not this week then quite soon.

Thanks for your response. Is this a hunch you have or something more (like inside information)?

Who is the they you mention, the medical examiner and LE or the family?

I don't think her family will be happy or satisfied with this at all. I don't believe for one minute this was suicide. That's crazy IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back