Southwest States - AZ, CA, CO, NM, OK, TX, AR, LA, UT, NV - Weather Discussion

Heads up!

http://www.wwltv.com/weather/hurricane/tropical-weather-update/214931133

"There are now two "invests" or areas of investigation in the tropics.

Invest 93 is a broad low pressure area in the extreme western Caribbean Sea near Honduras. This low pressure is forecast to move over Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula and enter the southern Gulf of Mexico early next week. It has a high chance of developing into a tropical depression or perhaps a tropical storm in the next five days. Right now models are not strengthening it too much, and they keep it away from Louisiana, but we will be watching it closely since there is a lot of uncertainty. We will continue to track it and will keep you updated.

A second area to watch, Invest 92, is a tropical wave way out in the Atlantic Ocean. Right now it has a medium chance of development as it moves west toward northern South America next week.

The outlook for the 2017 season is expected to be an above average season. The lack of a developing El Nino is now expected to increase activity."

Significant weather alert day for TX. Please monitor your local weather news. It’s already been crazy this morning!!

Hope everyone has stayed safe. Weather reports look really bad your way.

Many school districts in TX and OK either canceled schools or are releasing early. Even the most drama free meteorologists that I follow are very concerned.

Today is also the 6 year anniversary of the EF-5 tornado in Moore, OK.

Many school districts in TX and OK either canceled schools or are releasing early. Even the most drama free meteorologists that I follow are very concerned.

Today is also the 6 year anniversary of the EF-5 tornado in Moore, OK.

That's what the TX Storm Chaser said--that they are usually low drama but this is a big deal.

That's what the TX Storm Chaser said--that they are usually low drama but this is a big deal.
Yeah, I follow them and am also in the discussion group. I follow Steve McCauley, he used to work for WFAA in DFW but has since quit to go teach. Anyway, if he says something is concerning and he wishes he was missing something its definitely serious! :(

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VT_Squire
Back