PA - Richard Lomotey, 36, Uber Driver/Teaches at Penn State Arrested Kidnapping 2 Women 11 May 2019

PastTense

Reaction score
A Monaca man who is, according to online resources, an assistant professor at Penn State Beaver, has been accused of harassing and holding two women in his vehicle against their will while driving for Uber early Saturday morning. Richard Lomotey, 36, is charged with two counts each of kidnapping, false imprisonment and harassment.

While transporting the women from Homewood to Penn Hills around 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, Mr. Lomotey began to drive away from the route on his Uber app, according to the criminal complaint by Pittsburgh police. One of the women told police that during this ride, Mr. Lomotey made comments to both passengers about how good they looked, according to the complaint. He then proceeded to tell them that he was single and wanted to “get with them,” the complaint stated. When Mr. Lomotey arrived at the intersection of South Homewood and Penn avenues, he pulled to the side of the road and put the vehicle in park, according to the complaint. Then he locked the vehicle and told both women “you’re not going anywhere,” the complaint stated.
Uber driver, Penn State professor accused of kidnapping and harassment

Mr Lamotey gave his side on the news tonight. He says the charges are false. He's very believable. (Video at link)

"Two counts of kidnapping, two counts of false imprisonment, two counts of harassment. I was shell-shocked," he said.
That driver, Richard Lomotey, spoke exclusively with Channel 11's Rick Earle after a judge released him on his own recognizance.

"I'm asking myself, 'Why am I here? What's going on?' Nobody would tell me anything," Lomotey said.
Fourteen hours later, he was released from jail.

UBER KIDNAPPING: Local Uber driver describes being blindsided by police after night of driving

Well, I'm reserving judgement on this until it goes through the legal process ...

"On Thursday, police spoke with a woman who reported she was receiving calls from her cellphone that she’d lost the week prior, according to the criminal complaint. She said she’d lost her phone when she leapt from a moving vehicle to escape from an Uber driver.

The woman told police she was leaving the Galaxy Nightclub early on May 11 in Homewood when she spotted a car with an Uber decal. She said she got in, gave the driver $10 and her address and asked him to drive her home, according to the complaint. She did not use the Uber app."

Uber driver charged with kidnapping in Pittsburgh accused of same crime on same night | TribLIVE.com

wow if he was that bold to kidnap two women, it makes me wonder what other crimes hes gotten away with ... maybe there are missing or murdered women that he is responsible for

Exactly. I'm sure they're looking into that.

Well, I'm reserving judgement on this until it goes through the legal process ...

"On Thursday, police spoke with a woman who reported she was receiving calls from her cellphone that she’d lost the week prior, according to the criminal complaint. She said she’d lost her phone when she leapt from a moving vehicle to escape from an Uber driver.

The woman told police she was leaving the Galaxy Nightclub early on May 11 in Homewood when she spotted a car with an Uber decal. She said she got in, gave the driver $10 and her address and asked him to drive her home, according to the complaint. She did not use the Uber app."

Uber driver charged with kidnapping in Pittsburgh accused of same crime on same night | TribLIVE.com

whhhhaaattttttt
he did the same thing to another victim the same night?!
this sure makes his other charges seem legit

I am confused..how do you get calls from a lost phone?? I listened to this guy when he was on local tv. He seems believable,but now I am on the fence. Crazy this going on after what happened in South Carolina with the Uber driver there.

Pennsylvania
Allegheny County
Richard Lomotey, 36
Accused of Three KidnappingS+
11 May 2019

Defendant:
Richard Lomotey

Black / Male / 36 Years Old
Born: 9 May 1983

1)) Trib Live dot Com:
Some Court Documents:
A))
https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05003-CR-0003774-2019&dnh=ThkMVu03WekjsDhmdIrwaQ==

B)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05003-CR-0003512-2019&dnh=1/afpszB0nLShWo7mdVpAA==

C)) https://ujsportal.pacourts.us/docketsheets/MDJCourtSummaryReport.ashx?docketNumber=MJ-05003-CR-0003512-2019&dnh=1/afpszB0nLShWo7mdVpAA==

Grades of PA Crimes:
F1 = Felony of 1st Degree
F2 = Felony of 2nd Degree
F3 = Felony of 3rd Degree

M1 = Misdemeanor of 1st Degree
M2 = Misdemeanor of 2nd Degree

M3 = Misdemeanor of 3rd Degree
S = Summary

[Message 6473
Thread 444282]

Last edited:
I'm confused. So he's accused of doing this to three women? Two who were together and another woman separately the same night?

I found his interview believable till the end and then something about the expression on his face seemed slightly off. But it also seems sort of insane for an uber driver who is also a professor to decide to start kidnapping women. And two at once? Why go for two women at once? That seems like a sure fire way to fail. And I can see someone also panicking if their uber driver pulled over and they didn't understand what he was doing. And it was late at night etc.

I am not casting doubt on anyone's story here - sounds like there was certainly a crime here, but I just have to ask... The first woman, who said she was getting calls from her phone. Where was she getting these calls if she had lost her phone? Like, maybe at her home phone on a land line?

I am not casting doubt on anyone's story here - sounds like there was certainly a crime here, but I just have to ask... The first woman, who said she was getting calls from her phone. Where was she getting these calls if she had lost her phone? Like, maybe at her home phone on a land line?

My sister said the same thing. I don't know, an awful lot of people have ditched the landline since most have cell phones.

I've heard and read just about everything about this. I'm fairly local to the area(s) involved so, of course, it's piqued my interest but I'm determined not to draw conclusions based on the incomplete info we have. I do have a lot of questions, though. :confused:

yeah, no one I know (granted, I have a small circle lol...) has landlines, but who knows. Where else would she be getting calls? Not even sure it matters, but it might, and it just seems weird. Probably just lacking in clarity though.

She could have gotten a new cell phone, potentially with the same number, to replace the one that was lost.

I have a land line and don't own a cell phone. But why would her lost cell phone being calling her land line even if she does have a land line? When my husband has misplaced his cell it's not making calls to the land line for sure.

She could have gotten a new cell phone, potentially with the same number, to replace the one that was lost.

of course, thank you! So, the old phone would still be serviceable and able to call itself? (I really have no clue.)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Amberraff
Back