The British Royal Family - news, views, clothes & shoes! #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Britain's iconic red phone boxes can be adopted for just $1.30

Around 5,000 remain among the 31,000 total payphones in the U.K.

LONDON — The red phone box is one of the most iconic symbols of Britain.

But in the age of the cellphone, many have fallen out of use. The company that owns them is now making a renewed push to encourage communities to adopt and transform them into something else...

Today is Victoria Day! In memory of Queen Victoria and the annual unofficial start of Spring/Summer and where I live, the end of 3rd Winter.

I thought I would share a link with some information on Queen Victoria.
Queen Victoria and Canada

I know it seems like a Kelly Ripa-Hates-The-Bachelor level hate-on, but I can't bring myself to see Meghan Markle as anyone other than a woman who married a Prince and that's it. She's at the level of a modern day Instagram Influencer and not a women who has modernized the Royal Family as the media has falsely made her out to have done. She has her own personal achievements and that's good enough, no need to go over the top by giving her false cultural credit.
I saw 30 seconds of Gail's special on MM's marriage to Prince Harry and I had to shut the t.v. off. I don't care what colour MM's mother is. MM being non-white isn't changing the Royal Family dynamics and it doesn't have to and she's not changing the lives of us Black folks in the colonies and Britain. It's also not like she's marrying into the House of Habsburg.

Maybe it's because I'm North American, but I can't get over excited about her because she hasn't done anything significant to credit her with "changing the Royal Family" and all that other garbage the media prints about her "influence".
Princess Diana was a game changer for the Royal Family during our time and Queen Victoria was a game changer during a horrible time in history.

Happy Victoria Day!

DiscreteGrimyBats-max-1mb.gif

She looks like an uncooked sausage.

For goodness sake, can’t she find something that fits and is not “body-conscious.” There isn’t enough Spanx to fix that. You would think her daughters could guide her to a nicer outfit.

This dress is very pretty, too. I like the more lively colors of the other one better, though

And HRH Queen Elizabeth looks very nice in the lime green. No chapeau I notice. They all look like it’s a nice time

But wait, Kate is wearing wedgies. Didn’t I read that the Queen forbade wedgies? That she hates them and thinks their common or something?

Today is Victoria Day! In memory of Queen Victoria and the annual unofficial start of Spring/Summer and where I live, the end of 3rd Winter.

I know it seems like a Kelly Ripa-Hates-The-Bachelor level hate-on, but I can't bring myself to see Meghan Markle as anyone other than a woman who married a Prince and that's it. She's at the level of a modern day Instagram Influencer and not a women who has modernized the Royal Family as the media has falsely made her out to have done. She has her own personal achievements and that's good enough, no need to go over the top by giving her false cultural credit.
I saw 30 seconds of Gail's special on MM's marriage to Prince Harry and I had to shut the t.v. off. I don't care what colour MM's mother is. MM being non-white isn't changing the Royal Family dynamics and it doesn't have to and she's not changing the lives of us Black folks in the colonies and Britain. It's also not like she's marrying into the House of Habsburg.

Maybe it's because I'm North American, but I can't get over excited about her because she hasn't done anything significant to credit her with "changing the Royal Family" and all that other garbage the media prints about her "influence".
Princess Diana was a game changer for the Royal Family during our time and Queen Victoria was a game changer during a horrible time in history.

Happy Victoria Day!

I very much agree with this and I do wonder if Meghan would agree too

Another person who actually try do some changing as well was Prince Philip. I watched a doc recently (either amazon or Netflix, will have to look later) that showed how he brought cameras into their private lives to show the public. To show a more human side to “their subjects” the doc actually showed a lot of what he tried to do for the monarchy, it was a great doc.

I very much agree with this and I do wonder if Meghan would agree too

Another person who actually try do some changing as well was Prince Philip. I watched a doc recently (either amazon or Netflix, will have to look later) that showed how he brought cameras into their private lives to show the public. To show a more human side to “their subjects” the doc actually showed a lot of what he tried to do for the monarchy, it was a great doc.

Found it!

The Royal House Of Windsor on Netflix, it’s a docuseries

Highly recommend

"'You're looking very tidy!': The Queen jokes Prince William has 'smartened up' as his wife Kate stunned in an Erdem frock to unveil her Chelsea Flower Show garden"
:D
Flower power! Duchess of Cambridge is radiant in Erdem frock at the Chelsea Flower Show | Daily Mail Online

Still blows me away that she is 93; no cane no walker... still radiant.

Kate’s dress I would think ugly on the hanger and would look horrid on me haha
But she pulls it off, just like Diana did with about everything she wore too.

War of the poses: It’s uncanny how often the Cambridges and Sussexes post on Instagram each day - almost as if it's a competition. So who’s winning?

It’s uncanny how often the Cambridges and Sussexes post on Instagram each day | Daily Mail Online

This article is absolute nonsense there is no competition. The royal family have hired and are hiring social media managers to utilise social media to publicise the charitable work and personal photos of the royal family with the public. Her Majesty The Queen firmly believes the monarchy has to move with the times and understands the wide reach social media has.

Happy Victoria Day!

It's been one year. Meghan and Harry have been married for one year.

If you'd like to know if they 'modernize' the RF, you're going to have to give her a decade, maybe two. LOL

I'm sure the couple will change attitudes within and beyond the RF, they are in a position of influence; its just what they do.

MM is not the first person with black blood in the RF, Queen Charlotte (married to King George the Third) had black blood in her via the Portuguese RF, although she herself came from Germany.

The media likes to sell papers, they drum up all kinds of nonsense and I don't recall ANY newcomer to the RF being left out of the bullying, gossiping and general nastiness of the press/some of the public.

That's one reason the RF do not read any of the tabloids, comments etc. The Queen reads certain, selected broadsheets (probably after they've been scanned...lol)

Don't you remember how Diana and Fergie were pitted against one another?? It was a load of dog logs.

I thought both of them were refreshing and took some of the stuffiness away from the RF, although the Queen Mother was still ruling with an iron fist. Thankfully, that's no longer the case...the iron fist, I mean.

Times change, people change and the RF must change or it will crash and burn. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member