Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Admin Note:

This post lands at random.

Just a reminder that any information that relates to a submitted tip should not appear on the thread as it could have a negative impact on any ongoing investigation.
Sillybilly ... Are my thoughts on possible scenarios, too random? Yeah, probably so. On opposite ends of the spectrum.....one being a possible witness and the other possible excuses a perp might use to explain injuries. I think those would be more obvious and memorable than the perp "calling in sick for work or cancelling an appointment." Those were the words spoken by the FBI agent Massa (?sp) when he was asking for people to call in.

Sillybilly ... Are my thoughts on possible scenarios, too random? Yeah, probably so. On opposite ends of the spectrum.....one being a possible witness and the other possible excuses a perp might use to explain injuries. I think those would be more obvious and memorable than the perp "calling in sick for work or cancelling an appointment." Those were the words spoken by the FBI agent Massa (?sp) when he was asking for people to call in.

As long as theories and opinions are based on some known fact, and they do not make accusations against individuals who have not been officially named a POI or suspect, the possible scenarios should be alright. As long as they aren't too far out in left field, you should be okay. If responses start taking things too far, we may stop a discussion in that regard.

Go for it :D

Your giving me undeserved credit.lol

My sleuthing this angle was just in regards to a unconfirmed hitchiker possibly being the witness to sketch #2 by seeing the perp and the car at the lot prior to the crimes ...not necessarily that the hitchiker accepted a ride from the perp.

JMO

This is an intriguing possibility. Another option is that maybe BG was mistaken for a hitch-hiker as he walked along the road with a backpack/bag from the crime scene towards his car parked at CPS. If he saw a vehicle coming he may have stuck his thumb out to pretend to be a hitch-hiker (but was never picked up) to give a false but plausible reason why he was there so nobody would associate him with the vehicle parked nearby.

Any locals know if it would be common to see a hitch-hiker in this area? Where I'm from its rare to see people hitch-hiking these days, but there are certain highways where it seems to be most common.

BTW I don't think BG was actually hitch-hiking after the murders as LE newly reported that he had means to get around quickly. A hitch-hiker is at the mercy of someone willing to stop to pick him up. No guarantee he could get out of the area quickly, or even at all. I also don't think he would stop to pick up a hitch-hiker right after murdering two girls as he wouldn't want any witnesses to be able to place him close to the crime scene, and his clothing may have been wet, muddy or bloody.

BG would not want to appear in the area as a hitchhiker. It would be like wearing a sign on his back.
Lone hitchhiker seen leaving the area of the murders with knapsack of bloody clothes on his back.
:rolleyes:

MOO

Last edited:
I know that some people think that LE already has a suspect in mind. Can someone share an example where LE thought they knew who did it and even have a name, yet share a sketch of that person and ask the public for help?

There are cases I can think of where the perp is pretty obvious but there isn't enough evidence to arrest or charge (Mike Williams' disappearance/murder comes to mind, for one), but I can't think of one where they "knew" who did it and shared a sketch anyway.

Unless they have been covering for him I would hope the people in the area would understand they are victims also.

Often times people want to blame the parents for how a kid turned out. Imo there have been plenty of good people whose kids did bad things and bad people whose kids are good people. We will have to wait and see how this turns out.
If only most people were as kind and rational as you. Unfortunately, I don’t think so.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Just a theory -

I’m wondering if LE, more than two years later, lost track of a way to contact the witness who gave that tip three days after the murder, who assisted in the newly released sketch at that time.

But if that witness happened to state they were parked from noon to 5pm at the old CPS/DCS Welfare building, then LE asking anyone to come forward with information about the parked car was a round-about way to seek contact with this person once again.

And they did, which is why the parked vehicle has never been mentioned again. JMO

ETA - This transcript on the link below is somewhat jumbled but that’s also the only inference I can think of for this -
“the person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for ... “
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

Adding to my own post -
Maybe it’s like hearing voices in the background of the audio, once our minds go there it can’t be unheard.

I’ve convinced myself, reading this update, LE is appealing specifically to the sketch two witness, who already told LE they parked their own car from noon to 5pm and who gave a description of other vehicles, to contact them again.

That’s not nearly as bizarre as LE expecting random people to remember who parked in a parking lot more than two years ago. And it would also explain why LE had no need to release details of the car as the witness would know right away this request to contact LE was custom made specifically for them. It’d be highly unlikely LE would publicly disclose they lost track of a potential prime witness.

Such a passive request -
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar

Last edited:
Adding to my own post . . .
  • A car was parked in the abandoned CPS building parking lot between the hours of noon and 5:00 p.m. on February 13, 2017
    • We are looking for anyone who could give a description of vehicles that were in the parking lot during the time
Indiana State Police release new sketch of Delphi murder suspect | Carroll County Calendar
I still find this jabber about the parked car confusing. I always thought there was 1 car parked at the CPS building, which is why it was considered odd. Yet, these LE statements and request for info on the car(s) makes it sound as though there was more than 1 car at the CPS building. In the last sentence quoted above, to what exact parking lot is LE referring? I am a very well educated person, but I apparently missed the class on LE speak.

I still find this jabber about the parked car confusing. I always thought there was 1 car parked at the CPS building, which is why it was considered odd. Yet, these LE statements and request for info on the car(s) makes it sound as though there was more than 1 car at the CPS building. In the last sentence quoted above, to what exact parking lot is LE referring? I am a well educated person, but I missed the class on LE speak.

I don’t recall Carter stating there was only one vehicle parked there but considering all the later clarifications, it was indeed confusing.

But I think the update to his comments refers to the same parking lot and also clarifies its the building that was abandoned, not the car. There is no mention of the driver of the car at all. After this update to the PC, the parked car has also not been mentioned again.

Again, what kind of person would pick up a hitchiker? Would you?
I believe they originally thought BG was on foot. I think they thought he may have been hitch hiking. I don't think there was a hiking informant. Being the interstate is so close could they possibly have thought someone picked him up thus all those billboards put up? Moo

I know that some people think that LE already has a suspect in mind. Can someone share an example where LE thought they knew who did it and even have a name, yet share a sketch of that person and ask the public for help?

There are cases I can think of where the perp is pretty obvious but there isn't enough evidence to arrest or charge (Mike Williams' disappearance/murder comes to mind, for one), but I can't think of one where they "knew" who did it and shared a sketch anyway.

Can’t right off the top of my head. I think a lot of times LE has a POI and they have to go at them from many different angles.

I think the sketch being released publicly isn’t necessarily meant for the “public” to say who it is, but more for a very specific person. Some information that person has is what they are looking for. They can’t exactly release an actual pic of the person and they aren’t going to give a bunch of clues to lead a witness either.

Based on public reaction to the release of both sketches (a barrage of side by sides and accusations) I can’t image what would happen if they released a photo or clues.

I still find this jabber about the parked car confusing. I always thought there was 1 car parked at the CPS building, which is why it was considered odd. Yet, these LE statements and request for info on the car(s) makes it sound as though there was more than 1 car at the CPS building. In the last sentence quoted above, to what exact parking lot is LE referring? I am a very well educated person, but I apparently missed the class on LE speak.

It's not odd for a car to be parked there so it seems to me that they're looking for a specific one. The whole thing sounds like a message to someone. I don't think they're asking the general public if they remember a vehicle parked there.

Can’t right off the top of my head. I think a lot of times LE has a POI and they have to go at them from many different angles.

I think the sketch being released publicly isn’t necessarily meant for the “public” to say who it is, but more for a very specific person. Some information that person has is what they are looking for. They can’t exactly release an actual pic of the person and they aren’t going to give a bunch of clues to lead a witness either.

Based on public reaction to the release of both sketches (a barrage of side by sides and accusations) I can’t image what would happen if they released a photo or clues.

I definitely don't think the sketch or the image/video are for the general public. I feel very strongly that they're appealing to someone in BG's life.

For the people who are saying that they think LE knows who BG is, though, I was asking for similar cases-cases in which LE thinks they know who did it but go ahead and release a sketch anyway. I can't think of a comparable one.

I definitely don't think the sketch or the image/video are for the general public. I feel very strongly that they're appealing to someone in BG's life.

For the people who are saying that they think LE knows who BG is, though, I was asking for similar cases-cases in which LE thinks they know who did it but go ahead and release a sketch anyway. I can't think of a comparable one.

I can’t even imagine using a sketch if they knew who he was. Makes no sense at all and could cause problems for anyone resembling it. Jmo

I can’t even imagine using a sketch if they knew who he was. Makes no sense at all and could cause problems for anyone resembling it. Jmo

I agree. I can't imagine them using one in this case and I haven't been able to find a prior example of this happening, either. I'm sure there's probably a precedent, but I'm not seeing it.

I believe they originally thought BG was on foot. I think they thought he may have been hitch hiking. I don't think there was a hiking informant. Being the interstate is so close could they possibly have thought someone picked him up thus all those billboards put up? Moo
LE admitted they had no vehicle information. So, IMO, they wanted to find out if anyone saw a man on foot between Delphi and other towns. Just in case. I think it was a shot in the dark. I'm afraid the car at the vacant lot may also be a shot in the dark (esp. after 2+ years). Same with the notion that BG would show up at the PC. Smacks of desperation to me. :(

Your point is a great one!

Maybe the hitchiker did not get a ride with the perp, but got close enough to see him parked at the lot.

Honestly, I have stopped considering all the unlikely things that 'could have happened' here and realized that many things in this casep
BG would not want to appear in the area as a hitchhiker. It would be like wearing a sign on his back.
Lone hitchhiker seen leaving the area of the murders with knapsack of bloody clothes on his back.
:rolleyes:

MOO

MOO sadly I think if a hitchhiker happened to have witnessed BG coming out of the trail area going to his car, BG might pick the hitchhiker up, kill him.

Last edited:
LE admitted they had no vehicle information. So, IMO, they wanted to find out if anyone saw a man on foot between Delphi and other towns. Just in case. I think it was a shot in the dark. I'm afraid the car at the vacant lot may also be a shot in the dark (esp. after 2+ years). Same with the notion that BG would show up at the PC. Smacks of desperation to me. :(
Where and when did LE say they had no vehicle information? Can you provide a source/link?

Maybe they even have the perpetrator in jail already but cannot tie him to the crime scene through DNA. Maybe they need that car to look for evidence of blood etc. The car may not belong to him and could have been borrowed. Possibly the person they are appealing to for the missing piece of information or that one tip is the owner of the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
locallady50