Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

I wondered if he was going to sel her for one reason or another too, since he kept her alive beyond a couple of hours. Awful, but easy to wonder why he did
what he did.

I think it is a strange enough situation that it's not strange to wonder these things. In normal ones it would seem absurd. But if a child vanished and someone suggested she was abducted walking down the sidewalk in the middle of the day.... they'd get told they were crazy. So, nothing is too weird in this case.

Can't they charge him with assaulting the mother ?
Unbelievable!!!!

I'm sure that is coming. They are likely DNA testing the blood on the passenger seat too. If that is not his, that might be enough to charge him with assault too.

I want to believe that they won't let him bond out but I just don't trust it...

I'm not clear if he bonded out immediately in the last case or not. It sounds like he was held for 2 months before being indicted? Then bond set and he paid it? I'm not sure...

Tyler man known as 'Thin Man' indicted for sexual assault

Haven’t seen this story linked yet. They are saying she’s random.
Police: Kidnapper likely chose Salem Sabatka at random

Police: Kidnapper likely chose Salem Sabatka at random

(Via KHOU 11)

In the meantime, Fort Worth Police told WFAA Monday the kidnapping appears to have been random.

"At this point in time, it may have seemed like it was just a random deal," Officer Buddy Calzada said. "He just decided to take this child at this given moment."

I dont want to say this. I really dont want to say this. But I'm gonna..... right after he was caught, there was plenty of celebration (rightfully so!!!!) and mentions of him going away for good. All I kept thinking was.... please let this be the time the justice system works how it should. Because unfortunately, many of the cases we follow started out just like this "15 years earlier". She is alive (thank God!!!). They got her back quickly. And the courts are really good at treating awful things like they arent that bad, if it didnt end in death. And now his bond is kind of backing up that mind set. Our justice system needs to do better at recognizing true dangers to society and keeping them away. This guy will never be better. He was brazen this time and will escalate next time. I hope that I will be celebrating his "forever home " at the end of this story. But I am nervous.

What! That poor child. Where had he hidden her? How could they not have found her?.

Because he stalled for several minutes before letting them in
likely threatened to kill them all if she made a peep
probably hid her in a drawer or somewhere you wouldn't think she could fit
cops didn't have a warrant so they could only look where they could see
they wouldn't be allowed to open drawers or cupboards unless they heard her

What's amazing is that he didn't leave after they came to look in his room. I'm not sure that they could have done anymore than they did. It sounds like they were pretty thorough for not having a warrant.

If someone had identified him as the guy they saw and her as the girl, it would have been different. This was a generic description of the guy, him having a child with him and then a guess on the room based on the generic description. That wasn't terribly compelling unfortunately.

What's amazing is that he didn't leave after they came to look in his room. I'm not sure that they could have done anymore than they did. It sounds like they were pretty thorough for not having a warrant.

If someone had identified him as the guy they saw and her as the girl, it would have been different. This was a generic description of the guy, him having a child with him and then a guess on the room based on the generic description. That wasn't terribly compelling unfortunately.
I see what you're saying.
I'm just imagining how terrified she must have been to have kept that quiet. Those police officers must be feeling horrible too.
It's amazing to me, how much good luck bad people get.
Well, his luck finally ran out. Moo

Hero pastor tells how divine intervention helped him rescue girl | Daily Mail Online

A hero pastor said 'divine intervention' led him to discovered the place where an abducted girl was being held captive in Fort Worth.

God literally led us to this place. It was not on my itinerary, I was not trying to go there, we just drove by. It was divine intervention, 100 per cent,' he said.

Police allowed King to be the one to call Salem's parents and tell them the little girl had been found alive.

What I don't understand is why the first officers didn't get
a search warrant the first time.

Hours before kidnapped girl’s rescue, Forest Hill police checked suspect’s room

A front desk clerk at the motel told the officers that someone had called the front desk and reported they thought they’d seen the man Fort Worth police were looking for in connection with the missing girl.
They said they saw him earlier and that he had a girl with him,” according to information released by the department Monday evening after an earlier inquiry by the Star-Telegram.

Did the officers review the check in records for make and model of his vehicle????

Did the officers speak with the person who reported to the front desk???

How were they able to get a warrant the second time???

Last edited:
FORT WORTH — Two and a half hours before an 8-year-old Fort Worth girl was rescued from her suspected kidnapper, Forest Hill police had gone to the man’s motel room, questioned the suspect and even looked inside his room but did not see the child.

This is confusing. They didn't see her in the room and they didn't see the car in the parking lot? Then hours later the car is spotted in the parking lot by the pastor who was searching and SS is found in the room? Did he move the car hours later or did the police somehow overlook it? :confused:o_O

There should have been a camera somewhere of him walking in the building or around the parking lot with SS, right? When they went there did they not ask to see the hotel video after looking in his room? Was SS still locked in the car when they came in his room? Maybe the car was parked somewhere else initially, SS was tied up and locked in. So close but yet so far away. When the church members found her, that had to have been a light bulb moment for the cops that were there earlier. They will learn from this and maybe the next child will be found sooner,

FORT WORTH — Two and a half hours before an 8-year-old Fort Worth girl was rescued from her suspected kidnapper, Forest Hill police had gone to the man’s motel room, questioned the suspect and even looked inside his room but did not see the child.

UN-BELIEVE-ABLE

I'm shocked.

Did they not ask to see the car? Did they not see blood on the passenger seat?

Thank GOD for that church member. Thank GOD

There should have been a camera somewhere of him walking in the building or around the parking lot with SS, right? When they went there did they not ask to see the hotel video after looking in his room? Was SS still locked in the car when they came in his room? Maybe the car was parked somewhere else initially, SS was tied up and locked in. So close but yet so far away. When the church members found her, that had to have been a light bulb moment for the cops that were there earlier. They will learn from this and maybe the next child will be found sooner,

Exactly!!!!

Why did LE say, "hey SS come out we are here to save you" when they entered the room?

A RED flag for LE should have been when he wouldn't let them search the room, they could have gone to desk and reviewed video.

They could have checked other parking lots around this hotel. It looks like an extended stay, which usually has, living room/kitchen, seperate bedroom and bath.

Did LE contact their supervisor, with the information???

JMO, to many "they didn't dos". Quite an embarrassment that 2 church member found her in same hotel as LE.

God is still looking out for SS, after only a 100k bail, thank goodness the FBI takes over!!!

Accused Fort Worth Kidnapper Transferred to FBI Custody

An FBI spokesman confirmed Michael Webb was transferred from Fort Worth police to FBI custody Tuesday morning.

Webb, 51, is charged with aggravated kidnapping in the case of an 8-year-old girl taken from her mother Saturday night. Fort Worth police officers found Webb with the girl inside at a Forest Hill hotel room after receiving a tip from a local pastor. Forest Hill police had actually visited the hotel and spoken with Webb two hours before the girl was rescued, but said they didn't see anyone in the room with him.

The FBI spokesman could not provide details on further charges, but more information would be provided after Webb makes a court appearance and his complaint is unsealed.

I see what you're saying.
I'm just imagining how terrified she must have been to have kept that quiet. Those police officers must be feeling horrible too.
It's amazing to me, how much good luck bad people get.
Well, his luck finally ran out. Moo

I think it's fortunate that the church members tip wasn't disregarded because LE had already been to the hotel. That could have happened as well.

What I don't understand is why the first officers didn't get
a search warrant the first time.

A front desk clerk at the motel told the officers that someone had called the front desk and reported they thought they’d seen the man Fort Worth police were looking for in connection with the missing girl.
They said they saw him earlier and that he had a girl with him,” according to information released by the department Monday evening after an earlier inquiry by the Star-Telegram.

Did the officers review the check in records for make and model of his vehicle????

Did the officers speak with the person who reported to the front desk???

How were they able to get a warrant the second time???

Because they didn't have enough the first time. Nobody identified the girl or vehicle. Just a guy and a young girl.

Yes, there wasn't a vehicle registered to his room. They didn't see it in the parking lot. I'm guessing he moved it after they left thinking they wouldn't come back.

It isn't clear if the front desk person was able to pinpoint who reported to the front desk. Maybe if they'd reported to the cops instead...

The second time the vehicle was there and I suspect there may be more they aren't telling us about how they confirmed she was in that room. Since the vehicle wasn't registered to the room, they didn't use that. I'm guessing it was the earlier report or they pulled the video and confirmed it was her. It'll be very interesting when all the details come out.

MEDIA RELEASE
May 20, 2019 17:54 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE On May 19, 2019 at approximately 12:01 am, Officers from the Forest Hill Police Department responded to the Wood Spring Suites, located at 4101 East California Parkway,in reference to a Meet Complainant call for service. Upon arrival, Officers met with the clerk at the front desk.The clerk advised a third party called the front desk and said they thought they saw the man Fort Worth was looking for in connection with the missing girl. They said they saw him earlier and that he had a girl with him. The caller described the man to the clerk and she thought he looked like a man staying in a room on the third floor. She then directed them
to Michael Webb’s room on the third floor.
Officers knocked on the door and there was no immediate answer. After numerous attempts, they were able to make contact with Michael Webb through the door. Michael Webb was less than cooperative, but after several minutes, the officers were permitted to step into the room and look. Upon entry into the room, the officers made visual inspection of the areas of the room that appeared to be large enough to conceal the missing child.They did not locate any other occupants inside the room. With no one located and no other information available, the officers cleared the scene.Officers did inquire about any vehicles that Michael Webb might be driving but there were none associated with his room according to the clerk. They checked the parking lot but did not observe any vehicles that matched the picture of the suspect vehicle posted on Fort Worth Police Department social media.At approximately 2:00 am, Forest Hill Officers returned to the scene on another citizen tip.Officers from the Fort Worth Police department made the scene approximately six minutes later and the investigation was turned over to them. The child was located with Michael Webb a short time later

I think it's fortunate that the church members tip wasn't disregarded because LE had already been to the hotel. That could have happened as well.

An FBI spokesman confirmed Michael Webb was transferred from Fort Worth police to FBI custody Tuesday morning.

Webb, 51, is charged with aggravated kidnapping in the case of an 8-year-old girl taken from her mother Saturday night. Fort Worth police officers found Webb with the girl inside at a Forest Hill hotel room after receiving a tip from a local pastor. Forest Hill police had actually visited the hotel and spoken with Webb two hours before the girl was rescued, but said they didn't see anyone in the room with him.

The FBI spokesman could not provide details on further charges, but more information would be provided after Webb makes a court appearance and his complaint is unsealed.
Because they didn't have enough the first time. Nobody identified the girl or vehicle. Just a guy and a young girl.

Yes, there wasn't a vehicle registered to his room. They didn't see it in the parking lot. I'm guessing he moved it after they left thinking they wouldn't come back.

It isn't clear if the front desk person was able to pinpoint who reported to the front desk. Maybe if they'd reported to the cops instead...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back