Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the LE actually up to this job? I can’t help but wonder if a different LE would have cracked this way before now

They have so much information but are getting nowhere in over 2 years

They have a task force made up of local, state, and federal agencies, to include the FBI.

This isn’t some small police department, going it alone.

They believe he is from the Delphi area, but so far his voice, and his image have led to no one identifying the right guy.

It’s shocking that no one has recognized him yet, but that’s not law enforcement’s fault.

I'm wondering....how did the witness and police connect the current sketch to the photo of the person on the bridge? The recent sketch shows a man with no hat, no coat....nothing. A normal, neat head of hair. And yet, BG had a hat, hoodie and jacket. How do they know they are one in the same person? Did the witness see BG putting on the cost and hat...or did the witness see BG taking these items off?! Or??!!!
JMO

My thought is that this person is the only person who was in that immediate area that did not come forward to say they had been on the trail

He may have acknowledged being in the lot before noon....but never on the trail.

He gave them a reason for being where he was and it was the most simple but believable explanation that tied him to being there earlier that day, and was not further pursued because of who he is. He possibly has an alibi for the time of the murders.

I believe he was so disguised on the trail that LE would never have believed it was the same guy based on the audio and video.

JMO
Edited for clarity.
(I am guilty of omitting a couple of words before coffee kicks in)

Last edited:
JMO

My thought is that this person is the only person who was in that immediate area that did not come forward to say they had been on the trail

He may have acknowledged being in the lot before noon....but never on the trail.

He gave them a reason for being where he was and it was the most simple but believable explanation that tied to earlier that day, and was not further pursued because of who he is. He possibly has an alibi for the time of the murders.

I believe he was so disguised on the trail that LE would never have believed it was the same guy based on the audio and video.

JMO

So he was disguised on the trail as BG but you think LE has already interviewed him and he looks like NBG sketch when undisguised?

JMO

He gave them a reason for being where he was and it was the most simple but believable explanation that tied to earlier that day, and was not further pursued because of who he is. He possibly has an alibi for the time of the murders.

JMO
What was going on earlier that day? Was there some event or social gathering in Delphi?

I definitely don't think the sketch or the image/video are for the general public. I feel very strongly that they're appealing to someone in BG's life.

For the people who are saying that they think LE knows who BG is, though, I was asking for similar cases-cases in which LE thinks they know who did it but go ahead and release a sketch anyway. I can't think of a comparable one.
I can’t either, but with so many cases out there across the country (homicides, burglaries, thefts, etc....) I can’t say for sure that they haven’t. Plus, I don’t know that if they did release a sketch and they knew who is was the whole time that they’d make an announcement to the public about it, you know.

JMO

He gave them a reason for being where he was and it was the most simple but believable explanation that tied him to being there earlier that day, and was not further pursued because of who he is. He possibly has an alibi for the time of the murders.

JMO
Edited for clarity.
(I am guilty of omitting a couple of words before coffee kicks in)
I'm leaning towards this thinking too.....it's what the PC was alluding to imo.

Last edited:
Are the LE actually up to this job? I can’t help but wonder if a different LE would have cracked this way before now

They have so much information but are getting nowhere in over 2 years

Indiana State Police and the FBI are assisting the Delphi police, from numerous sources in the media. It only looks like nothing much is happening- I am sure there have been plenty of things going on behind the scenes that LE will not announce or discuss publicly for obvious reasons. (MOO). Remember, the goal is not a quick arrest. It is to produce a rock-solid, slam dunk arrest for a double homicide, a case based on evidence, for the prosecutor. LE is under no legal obligation to provide a motive. Neither is the prosecutor, based on a discussion in one of the recent threads. The last thing anyone wants is for this to go free or have evidence excluded from trial on a technicality.

Last edited:
I think school was out that day. Maybe they went ahead anyway? Moo

February is wrestling season (as well as basketball season.) Were there any high school/college wrestling tournaments that had been held the previous weekend or scheduled for the upcoming weekends in Lafayette, Logansport, Kokomo, Peru?

Idk if this has been tossed out there but what about maybe the significant other of a LEO or first responder being BG?

Touch DNA from a third party who responded and that may have initially eliminated him. I know they aren't supposed to share details of their work but let's be real about that. Pillow or dinner talk asking about their day and asking questions probably happens a lot with LE.

Edited because forgot a word.

I have said this before but I strongly agree that BG is NBG in disguise. The two sketches side by side look like an artist’s age progression, NBG trying to look older than he is to disguise his true appearance.

IMO.
If BG was wearing a disguise prior to the murders, than it follows that he premeditated an attack of some sort. There are infinite variables involved, like did he plan the location, or target the girls, etc. I've seen them all discussed here.

But in my mind, some questions with this scenario remain. Why did he park where he did (if the vehicle in question was even his)? Why a public location, when he could have easily chosen somewhere less visible, much closer?

And why, if he'd planned this, would he put himself back on the trail afterwards, dressed like normal, to be seen by all? Police would certainly question everyone known to be on the trail that afternoon.

The bodies were found in less than 24 hours. Why wouldn't he plan something less risky, and where they wouldn't have been found so soon? Unless, of course, his plan was interrupted.

But a disguise, a planned murder in a public place, making himself visible and open to police questioning...it just sounds too bent and complicated.

I'm not saying that it's impossible he wore a disguise, but IMO, it doesn't seem to fit with the way the crime was carried out. JMO

Last edited:
Apologies if this has already been posted.

GEDmatch Changes Are ‘Blow’ to Law Enforcement – and Forensic Genealogy

"Within the next few days we will announce a new policy in which initially all DNA kits on GEDmatch will be set to opt-out of use by (law enforcement),” wrote Curtis Rogers, one of the founders in GEDmatch, to a list of law enforcement users on Saturday. “No user kits will be available for law enforcement use in matching unless specifically designated by the owner.”

Apologies if this has already been posted.

GEDmatch Changes Are ‘Blow’ to Law Enforcement – and Forensic Genealogy

"Within the next few days we will announce a new policy in which initially all DNA kits on GEDmatch will be set to opt-out of use by (law enforcement),” wrote Curtis Rogers, one of the founders in GEDmatch, to a list of law enforcement users on Saturday. “No user kits will be available for law enforcement use in matching unless specifically designated by the owner.”
Wow that is a real blow to the cases that could be potentially solved. The window of opportunity is closing. Hopefully not retroactive and those kits already completed will still be available.

If BG was wearing a disguise prior to the murders, than it follows that he premeditated an attack of some sort. There are infinite variables involved, like did he plan the location, or target the girls, etc. I've seen them all discussed here.

But one question with this scenario remains. Why did he park where he did (if the vehicle in question was even his)? Why a public location, when he could have easily chosen somewhere less visible, much closer?

And why, if he'd planned this, would he put himself back on the trail afterwards, dressed like normal, to be seen by all? Police would certainly question everyone known to be on the trail that afternoon.

The bodies were found in less than 24 hours. Why wouldn't he plan something less risky, and where they wouldn't have been found so soon?Unless, of course, his plan was interrupted.

A disguise, a planned murder in a public place, and making himself visible and open to police questioning...it just sounds too bent and complicated.

I'm not saying that it's impossible he wore a disguise, but IMO, it doesn't seem to fit with the way the crime was carried out. JMO

I understand exactly what you’re saying and it doesn’t make much sense, but then so little about this case does.

Do we know for sure where the witness who gave the info for the new NBG sketch saw him? Was it definitely near or at the trails?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member