Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #103

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm wondering....how did the witness and police connect the current sketch to the photo of the person on the bridge? The recent sketch shows a man with no hat, no coat....nothing. A normal, neat head of hair. And yet, BG had a hat, hoodie and jacket. How do they know they are one in the same person? Did the witness see BG putting on the cost and hat...or did the witness see BG taking these items off?! Or??!!!

I think this goes along with the theory of BG being dressed in what was a "disguise" the day of the murders. It might be LE had the sketch drawn up as BG might actually appear in every day life... not as he was dressed that day to disguise himself. jmo.

They are not the same person

• The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation
  • The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge
Snipped by me.

Thanks for clarifying that, I’ve read so many conflicting pieces of info on the two sketches. If the new sketch is the guy in the video then I still think he went to lengths to disguise his appearance, although admittedly the picture isn’t clear and that could be the reason why the sketch doesn’t match up to the video.

If he did have all that planned out, than why didn't he park in the cemetery?

I wonder if biking in Delphi is a normal thing. The past two cities I have lived in you throw on 2 layers (which BG looks to be wearing at least 2) and you grab your bike and go. No matter what time of the year. A bike would be easy to stash behind a tree or brush without it ever being spotted.

I think this goes along with the theory of BG being dressed in what was a "disguise" the day of the murders. It might be LE had the sketch drawn up as BG might actually appear in every day life... not as he was dressed that day to disguise himself. jmo.

If you’re referring to the two different sketches, what would be the reason for LE to state the sketches are of different people if there was reason to believe the murderer was disguised?

But that's only for that particular company, right?
It does not apply to Paraben or other companies that are still available to LE, I would imagine. Although they may soon follow. I hope not.
Also I read an article that said many people who used the site expressed approval of using it to find criminals, and were supportive of the idea of their DNA being used for convictions.
Hopefully many people will chose to make the OPT-IN selection. Imo

Well, I have read about many leaving Gedmatch after the GSK details were published.

Parabon uses Gedmatch to find matches. I can imagine that in extreme cases, the Feds can make commercial sites comply, but it will be on a case-by-case basis.

I, too, hope we'll have enough concerned citizens to opt-in. After all, when commercial sites sell "bulk DNA" to pharmaceutical companies, no one asks for our consent. And while new drugs for us are important, catching all these serial killers provides for safety in our communities.

Immediately following the PC I’m sure I noticed it was reported the reason for the search for the driver was connected to that person being a possible suspect. Or maybe I just drew that conclusion by mistake because we got excited about a major new development. But Carter never actually said that and as often happens, initial media reports get edited for accuracy.

Carter said they also want to know who was the driver of the vehicle, without specifying any reason whatsoever. This person could’ve been someone who LE already talked to, who they’re reaching out to due to lack of current contact information. As he never mentioned the vehicle on GMA, it appears to me they got whatever they were looking for and the vehicle was not driven by the suspect.

ISP: New Information Puts 'New Face' on Delphi Suspect
The Search for a Driver

“Investigators are also looking for the driver of a vehicle that was seen in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017 and was later found abandoned. ISP Superintndent Doug Carter did not give a specific description of the vehicle.

"We're looking for the identity of a driver of a vehicle parked outside the old DCS welfare building," Carter said. "It was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North, next to the Hooiser Heartland Highway, between the hours of noon and five p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017."

Snipped by me.

Thanks for clarifying that, I’ve read so many conflicting pieces of info on the two sketches. If the new sketch is the guy in the video then I still think he went to lengths to disguise his appearance, although admittedly the picture isn’t clear and that could be the reason why the sketch doesn’t match up to the video.

That’s right, the face of the person in the video and photo definitely isn’t clear because of the original distance. LE have disclosed the video frames were worked on by the FBI, assisted by Disney and NASA, to provide as much clarity as possible but it’s by no means possible to create a sharp image similar to a photo taken of someone standing a few feet away.

Immediately following the PC I’m sure I noticed it was reported the reason for the search for the driver was connected to that person being a possible suspect. Or maybe I just drew that conclusion by mistake because we got excited about a major new development. But Carter never actually said that and as often happens, initial media reports get edited for accuracy.

Carter said they also want to know who was the driver of the vehicle, without specifying any reason whatsoever. This person could’ve been someone who LE already talked to, who they’re reaching out to due to lack of current contact information. As he never mentioned the vehicle on GMA, it appears to me they got whatever they were looking for and the vehicle was not driven by the suspect.

ISP: New Information Puts 'New Face' on Delphi Suspect
The Search for a Driver

“Investigators are also looking for the driver of a vehicle that was seen in Delphi on Feb. 13, 2017 and was later found abandoned. ISP Superintndent Doug Carter did not give a specific description of the vehicle.

"We're looking for the identity of a driver of a vehicle parked outside the old DCS welfare building," Carter said. "It was abandoned on the east side of County Road 300 North, next to the Hooiser Heartland Highway, between the hours of noon and five p.m. on Feb. 13, 2017."
This is exactly what's compelling about the vehicle. Is it involved, or not? On May 7th, they said the vehicle was the reason they thought BG was local, then a week later didn't even mention it on GMA.

For those who were around from the start of this case, was there any mention of a vehicle in those early days?

The current sketch (younger guy) was drawn up shortly after the murders. This witness saw this person doing something they thought noteworthy
on the day of the murders. However, LE didn't go with that sketch. They went with the older grubby looking guy in the sketch they released after the murders. Everyone went along with that sketch for 2 years as it looked like the photo (from Libby's phone) of the guy on the bridge.

So, just this month (or in April) LE somehow determined that the younger guy sketch that was drawn right after the murders is actually the real BG in hat,coat and hoody. We all were fooled for 2 years.

Sorry if this is redundant. But what happened to cause LE to connect the two? They are ticked about this. I am ticked about this. They must have an inkling of who this guy is.....or they know who this guy is and are just gathering a few more nails for his coffin.

This is exactly what's compelling about the vehicle. Is it involved, or not? On May 7th, they said the vehicle was the reason they thought BG was local, then a week later didn't even mention it on GMA.

For those who were around from the start of this case, was there any mention of a vehicle in those early days?

No, LE have never asked about the identity of any particular vehicle but they did ask for anyone on the trails to come forward and as a result, would’ve had the means to match people to their vehicles. In the recent PC, walking from where the suspect lived in Delphi becomes a new possibility.

I think the driver recently mentioned was a possible means for LE to reestablish contact with someone who’d already provided information, possibly even the person who they’d spoke to 3 days after the murder who was involved in the drawing of sketch #2.

It can’t be easy for LE managing a huge volume of tips plus being able to find people who have offered early information if they relocate and don’t make changes to a current address on their driver’s licence or registration.

The current sketch (younger guy) was drawn up shortly after the murders. This witness saw this person doing something they thought noteworthy
on the day of the murders. However, LE didn't go with that sketch. They went with the older grubby looking guy in the sketch they released after the murders. Everyone went along with that sketch for 2 years as it looked like the photo (from Libby's phone) of the guy on the bridge.

So, just this month (or in April) LE somehow determined that the younger guy sketch that was drawn right after the murders is actually the real BG in hat,coat and hoody. We all were fooled for 2 years.

Sorry if this is redundant. But what happened to cause LE to connect the two? They are ticked about this. I am ticked about this. They must have an inkling of who this guy is.....or they know who this guy is and are just gathering a few more nails for his coffin.

Just a point to mention, for the first five months there was no sketch. The older guy sketch wasn’t released until July, 2017. This was a case, by all indications, that was going to be solved early on.

Obviously that has proved not to be so because LE has not yet received that “one tip” they’re waiting for. That their focus has changed is very common to investigations where there’s not an immediate suspect.

Last edited:

CBS4 also asked whether the killer fled in a vehicle or did he simply walk away? Carter answered, "Um, likely. Walked a certain distance, yes. We don't have any indication that he was close by where he parked a vehicle, because we don't have any information on a vehicle."

New tips, new subpoenas in new year of hunting for Delphi killer

No, LE have never asked about the identity of any particular vehicle but they did ask for anyone on the trails to come forward and as a result, would’ve had the means to match people to their vehicles. In the recent PC, walking from where the suspect lived in Delphi becomes a new possibility.

I think the driver recently mentioned was a possible means for LE to reestablish contact with someone who’d already provided information, possibly even the person who they’d spoke to 3 days after the murder who was involved in the drawing of sketch #2.

It can’t be easy for LE managing a huge volume of tips plus being able to find people who have offered early information if they relocate and don’t make changes to a current address on their driver’s licence or registration.
I agree about the walking possibility. I guess what I'm stuck on is something I believe you posted from May 7th. LE said he got around quickly afterwards, so the vehicle makes them think he's local. Why would they say that if they didn't tie BG to the vehicle? Or maybe they've since cleared the driver?

It's also possible that YBG was not just trying to look older... but he may have been trying to disguise himself to look specifically like an older person he knows. Maybe YBG had hopes of framing this older person for the murders. That is not to say YBG didn't plan and carry out the murders for his own sick reasons... just that he may have planned to leave someone else looking responsible.

Didn’t LE say he might even look younger than his age?

It’d be difficult for someone who looks younger than his age to disguise himself to appear older than his age without appearing very suspicious IMO.

CBS4 also asked whether the killer fled in a vehicle or did he simply walk away? Carter answered, "Um, likely. Walked a certain distance, yes. We don't have any indication that he was close by where he parked a vehicle, because we don't have any information on a vehicle."

New tips, new subpoenas in new year of hunting for Delphi killer
Thank you for this. I hadn't heard that comment.

Since the crime scene was in the woods, near the creek, he couldn't have a car close by. To say he had to walk a certain distance is vague and obvious. If he had a vehicle, it would have to be parked along the road I have highlighted on the attachment, the road by the cemetery, the parking spot by DCS, or the parking lot across Freedom Bridge. So curious.

Attachments

• Road.JPG
    Road.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 38
Thank you for this. I hadn't heard that comment.

Since the crime scene was in the woods, near the creek, he couldn't have a car close by. To say he had to walk a certain distance is vague and obvious. If he had a vehicle, it would have to be parked along the road I have highlighted on the attachment, the road by the cemetery, the parking spot by DCS, or the parking lot across Freedom Bridge. So curious.
Awesome points TL4S;

I'm also adding that BG could have parked his car in one of the "snowbird's" driveways, or in RL's driveway for a few hours and NO ONE would have known.

I agree about the walking possibility. I guess what I'm stuck on is something I believe you posted from May 7th. LE said he got around quickly afterwards, so the vehicle makes them think he's local. Why would they say that if they didn't tie BG to the vehicle? Or maybe they've since cleared the driver?

I think you’re referring to this below. It’s very confusing too, why hold a PC if they already have the information. It sort of makes me question if the senior officers who are authorized to publicly speak on the case have good knowledge of the facts because what Riley says is different than what Carter has said. But here he’s not actually quoted saying the driver and the suspect are connected. It’d be interesting to see the actual interview because it could also be the reporter’s mistaken assumption drawn from the previous PC, in the form of adding background information to this report.

“Police are still hoping for fresh tips about one piece of information released in the news conference.

"We're still looking for the car that was parked in the lot," Riley told News 18. "If somebody can give us that information, we want that information as quickly as possible."

The importance of the car also ties into why police now believe the killer is local. Riley said after reviewing many tips, investigators determined he was able to get around quickly on the day the girls were killed, and seemed to know the area.

The car would have been seen between noon and five on Feb. 13, 2017 at the old DCS parking lot, according to police. The office is on County Road 300 North near the Hoosier Heartland Highway. The building has since been demolished and the lot is vacant.

Since police believe the killer is local, and because the case has received so much of their focus over the last two years, News 18 also asked Riley if there was a chance the killer could be someone police have already interviewed.

"Somebody may have already interviewed him," said Riley. "I'm not going to say they have or have not, but there's a possibility that has happened. The person apparently gave the investigating officers the information they were looking for. We have to try to go back and check on the information that we have received."...”
ISP on Delphi killer: 'Somebody may have already interviewed him'

Awesome points TL4S;

I'm also adding that BG could have parked his car in one of the "snowbird's" driveways, or in RL's driveway for a few hours and NO ONE would have known.
That's very true! And if he's a hunter/trapper or leased farm ground, he might even have had permission to be at one of those properties.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbi708