Found Safe TX - SS, 8, Fort Worth, kidnapped while walking w/mother, 18 May 2019

This is basically what he said at the press conference. I've not heard any other story. He was out searching when he got a tip to check another hotel/motel and they drove past the place she was found at either before or after ( I cant remember) and decided to give a quick look. I'm not catching any sketchy vibes off the pastor finding the car. Like I said even in my city a gentleman was getting people together to go look in our hotels and motels so I do not find it odd that a citizen found the car before cops did.

The cops were ASKING citizens to go LOOK for the car! I don't understand why anyone is finding this sketchy. This is what we want people to do in all missing person's cases! I do it in every missing person's case that I am able to.

If Baby Emma's mom's car had been so well publicized and a huge search had happened for her, she wouldn't be dead right now!

Found Deceased - IN - Emma, 2 mos, (mom Rachel McAfee, 36, fnd alive), Indianapolis, 4 Mar 2019 *mother arrested*

There are many other such cases, where quick actions like this would have saved a life. I'm just grateful so many people went to look for her and I'm sure the family is as well.

If we immediately throw suspicion upon every single person who helps, nobody is going to help next time. (And I'm an atheist!)

Yeah, I suppose that's possible (listening to scanner) - but something smells to me about all of this when you start looking at the details more.

Why is the FBI involved now?

The FBI can get involved in any abduction of a child under age 13. We normally only see it happen while the child is still missing, but because she was found so fast we are seeing it after the arrest is made.

They likely have enhanced penalties at a federal level that will keep him locked up longer. They may have been called in, or taken over because of his rap sheet and seeming teflon like ability to stay free despite his record.

I think it's a good thing, though it does make it much harder to find information. I am less concerned about him being incidentally released now.

The cops were ASKING citizens to go LOOK for the car! I don't understand why anyone is finding this sketchy. This is what we want people to do in all missing person's cases! I do it in every missing person's case that I am able to.

If Baby Emma's mom's car had been so well publicized and a huge search had happened for her, she wouldn't be dead right now!

Found Deceased - IN - Emma, 2 mos, (mom Rachel McAfee, 36, fnd alive), Indianapolis, 4 Mar 2019 *mother arrested*

There are many other such cases, where quick actions like this would have saved a life. I'm just grateful so many people went to look for her and I'm sure the family is as well.

If we immediately throw suspicion upon every single person who helps, nobody is going to help next time. (And I'm an atheist!)

Exactly!!!! Think of Elizabeth Smart and many others that were found by private citizens. Just last week a group of volunteers found a KY 3 yo lost in the mountains.

Most cases are solved because someone sees something and reports it.

LE would solve few cases without the help of private citizens. Who would they call to the witness stand? Why set up a tip line? Why do mothers go on TV and beg folks to help find, their child? LE knows it takes a joint effort and ask for help in most cases. Most pressers start out with.... Please help,us...

What am I missing?

It's not sketchy that people were out looking for the car.

I just find it very strange that the child or car wasn't seen/found on initial police contact/search at the motel compounded by the fact that these searchers drove by and saw the car a pretty good distance from the abduction point late at night. Very fortuitous..!

I don't know all the exact details and if we did it would probably make better sense (scanner in car, or someone else with scanner that 'tipped' them) to follow up at that location b/c of the prior Forest Hill police contact with the suspect.

Maybe all that will be cleared up later.

I am guessing he moved the car. My guess is that she was in the trunk when LE searched his room. Parked in another lot. Then he moved the car and brought her in. But who knows. It's possible they simply missed it. Maybe they were given the Volvo description. I might have gone back if I knew cops went there, to see if he let his guard down if he was in fact there. So that's possible too.

Exactly!!!! Think of Elizabeth Smart and many others that were found by private citizens. Just last week a group of volunteers found a KY 3 yo lost in the mountains.

Most cases are solved because someone sees something and reports it.

LE would solve few cases without the help of private citizens. Who would they call to the witness stand? Why set up a tip line? Why do mothers go on TV and beg folks to help find, their child? LE knows it takes a joint effort and ask for help in most cases. Most pressers start out with.... Please help,us...

What am I missing?

I don't know. I WISH all the missing kids had this kind of response.
Can you IMAGINE if Jaycee's stepfather had been taken just as seriously? She may not have been held for decades.
Hornbeck and Ormsby were found because a citizen saw the truck, after Ben was taken.
Little Kenneth was found by volunteer searchers just before the search was to be called off.
The McStay family was found by a dirt biker. I could name a hundred of them.

So many bodies, lost kids or abduction victims are found by people who volunteer their time or stumble across them. We have got to stop vilifying them. We need more of them, not less.

Just heard on the radio that he was brought before the federal judge. The judge ordered that he be held until his next court appearance ( June 20?). The judge choose not to read the charges out loud in court.

This was KRLD news radio. Waiting for the story to appear on thier web page.

It's not sketchy that people were out looking for the car.

I just find it very strange that the child or car wasn't seen/found on initial police contact/search at the motel compounded by the fact that these searchers drove by and saw the car a pretty good distance from the abduction point late at night. Very fortuitous..!

I don't know all the exact details and if we did it would probably make better sense (scanner in car, or someone else with scanner that 'tipped' them) to follow up at that location b/c of the prior Forest Hill police contact with the suspect.

Maybe all that will be cleared up later.

Well, I find it very odd
  • When LE entered his room and didn't say SS if you are here, we're LE here to help you.
  • Did not interview the hotel guest that made the call to the front desk. I bet my best scanner she knew who called.
  • LE did not ask or review video from hotel.
  • And most of all I find it very very hard to believe the car was not in the vicinity of the hotel.
  • Why did LE not notify supervisor but cleared the call immediately.
  • LE said, he initially did not answer the door and was very uncooperative.
I'm looking long and hard at the LE that showed up on the first call. There are many red flag, but they cleared the call and drove away.

That's what I find strange. Not a group of good folks out trying to find this girl. As, I stated before we had a WS out as well. They even posted a map of the area him/her searched. Is that odd?

Are you implying these good folks were involved?

Well, I find it very odd
  • When LE entered his room and didn't say SS if you are here, we're LE here to help you.
  • Did not interview the hotel guest that made the call to the front desk. I bet my best scanner she knew who called.
  • And most of all I find it very very hard to believe the car was not in the vicinity of the hotel.
I'm looking long and hard at the LE that showed up on the first call. There are many red flag, but they cleared the call and drove away.

That's what I find strange. Not a group of good folks out trying to find this girl. As, I stated before we had a WS out as well. They even a map of the area him/her searched. Is that odd?

CANCELLED: (1of2)@ForestHillPD abruptly cancels 3pm news conf. They’d planned to speak about their involvement in search for 8yo SS. Forest Hill PD said in earlier statement officers had responded to hotel where Michael Webb was allegedly keeping the girl....@FOX4

CANCELLED: (2of2) But after speaking to Webb & making a visual inspection of the room without locating anyone, they left. Two hours later another citizen tip lead police to the hotel where they eventually found the 8yo. @FOX4

Last edited by a moderator:
CANCELLED: (1of2)@ForestHillPD abruptly cancels 3pm news conf. They’d planned to speak about their involvement in search for 8yo Salem Sabatka. Forest Hill PD said in earlier statement officers had responded to hotel where Michael Webb was allegedly keeping the girl....@FOX4

CANCELLED: (2of2) But after speaking to Webb & making a visual inspection of the room without locating anyone, they left. Two hours later another citizen tip lead police to the hotel where they eventually found the 8yo. @FOX4

Smart move they must have a really good City Attorney. They need to minimize the liability to the police dept.

Also, now that FBI is involved they usually shut down all communication with the press.

Nichole Manna‏ @NicholeManna 29m29 minutes ago
U.S. Attorney's Office just confirmed with me that kidnapping is the only thing Michael Webb was charged with today.

Nichole Manna on Twitter

Dionne Anglin‏ @DAnglinFox4
HANDCUFFED AND SHACKLED in federal court...Fort Worth kidnapping suspect Michael Webb ordered to remain in custody until pre-trial hearing on June 4th. Judge opted not to have charges read.. so it’s still unclear ‘specifically’ why case is in federal court.

TODAY being the key word.

Think we will find he is a really bad, bad guy.

TODAY being the key word.

Think we will find he is a really bad, bad guy.

I just wanted to get that up here ASAP because other reporters are making a huge deal out of the judge not reading the charges in open court. I do not want speculation starting because of that!

It is not at all strange or uncommon. Different judges do things differently and with this public of a case, with reporters in the room many judges wouldn't read it out loud anyway.

I absolutely think more charges are coming, I mean there's an assault and battery of Mom caught on video there. Just wanted to get it in there that there aren't further charges being hidden or anything is all.

I also muted all the people named Michael Webb on twitter so that when I search only case related stuff comes up. :rolleyes:

Well, I find it very odd
  • Did not interview the hotel guest that made the call to the front desk. If bet my best scanner she knew who called.

That's what I find strange. Not a group of good folks out trying to find this girl. As, I stated before we had a WS out as well. They even a map of the area him/her searched. Is that odd?

Yep, the situation with the Forest Hill police and the motel is very odd to me. I agree with all your points. I mean, you have a guy that 'fits' description with a girl and you walk away? I think that's crazy. The FWPD had to know about this too, why weren't they there soon after? The questions just keep going on and on... Were they waiting on a warrant and watching nearby?

It's hard to tell from what little info tid-bits (often erroneous) that the local media throws out there.

Also, I'm not directly implying anyone outside the guy they arrested is involved in any way - but I'm absolutely not ruling it out either.

This guy with a rap sheet (don't know all his offenses) from out of town waltzes into the Ryan Place neighborhood and brazenly abducts a girl with her mom (yes I know it can happen, but it seems random and rare to me) in daylight and presumably takes girl to motel off major road not too far away and somehow is questioned by cops that can't find the girl or the car?

Yes, maybe the simplest explanation is he had her restrained in the car and it was parked away from motel.

PS - what's your favorite scanner?

@PommyMommy, so glad to see you!!! We will need and appreciate your expert assistance!!!
Good to see you too. :) I am no expert, though! :oops:

Glad to see the FBI involved here and really looking forward to hearing how in the world LE missed her the first time they visited the room. I have been thinking about the trunk too, MsFacetious. It seems most likely that the car was moved. MOO

Good to see you too. :) I am no expert, though! :oops:

Glad to see the FBI involved here and really looking forward to hearing how in the world LE missed her the first time they visited the room. I have been thinking about the trunk too, MsFacetious. It seems most likely that the car was moved. MOO

Though maybe not if the tipster saw him with her. I don't know. This crime makes so little sense it's really hard to figure out. I am so anxious and hoping he spills his guts. I think it might be a strange anomaly.

Though maybe not if the tipster saw him with her. I don't know. This crime makes so little sense it's really hard to figure out. I am so anxious and hoping he spills his guts. I think it might be a strange anomaly.
Is it possible she was in another room? Maybe he knew other people staying there and asked someone to watch her for a bit or something? MOO

Is it possible she was in another room? Maybe he knew other people staying there and asked someone to watch her for a bit or something? MOO

At this point anything is possible, hotel rooms don't have a lot of hiding spaces!

I'm also curious if the LE checked with the RSO living at the motel. He's much younger than the suspect description but they generally check RSOs when a kid is missing anyway. Since they were there it would have been good to do anyway. Only one is registered there.

I am wondering if FHPD was not wanting to step on toes of FWPD here.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mooreknowledge
Back